Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

 No i do not have any respect for Erikkson. He's useless. 

 

He can't even get his shots on net. 

the team seems genuinely pleased with him and he is liked and respected. Horvat our Captain is even having problems getting a shot on goal, is he useless? no he isn't , other players are not  getting shots on net but they are still valuable to this team. Eriksson is one of the best pk killers on the team.  we have him on the team so I think maybe you should get over  your respect issues as you don't even know him 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bree2 said:

the team seems genuinely pleased with him and he is liked and respected. Horvat our Captain is even having problems getting a shot on goal, is he useless? no he isn't , other players are not  getting shots on net but they are still valuable to this team. Eriksson is one of the best pk killers on the team.  we have him on the team so I think maybe you should get over  your respect issues as you don't even know him 

Put it this way, if it were not for injuries he'd be in the press box. 

You are right i don'y know nor like him as a player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The words from @JamesB should be in here: "the Horvat, Pearon, Eriksson line is playing great hockey since being put together, maybe Green's version of trying Burrows with the Sedins (which worked out okay). The Horvat line is playing heavy shutdown minutes and still outscoring and outchancing the guys they are up against."

 

How bias isn't that. :bigblush:

  • Wat 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

The words from @JamesB should be in here: "the Horvat, Pearon, Eriksson line is playing great hockey since being put together, maybe Green's version of trying Burrows with the Sedins (which worked out okay). The Horvat line is playing heavy shutdown minutes and still outscoring and outchancing the guys they are up against."

 

How bias isn't that. :bigblush:

That's a failed comparison, as Eriksson is no Burrows, and Horvat/Pearson as good as they are are not the Sedins.

 

Eriksson is more like the Morrison to the WCE. Except not nearly as good as Morrison either. If Horvat and Pearson are gonna carry someone on their line, it should be someone more productive, and someone more in our long-term plans.

 

I still honestly hope that Loui returns to the pressbox when our injured forwards return to the lineup, because he's just taking the top six spot of someone else that would do much better there - like Jake, Gaudette, Leivo, maybe even Ferky, etc etc

 

Just say no to Loui "The slouch" Eriksson! I'm sorry if this makes you feel that he's been bullied!

 

:bigblush:

Edited by BrockBoester
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

That's a failed comparison, as Eriksson is no Burrows, and Horvat/Pearson as good as they are are not the Sedins.

 

Eriksson is more like the Morrison to the WCE. Except not nearly as good as Morrison either. If Horvat and Pearson are gonna carry someone on their line, it should be someone more productive, and someone more in our long-term plans.

 

I still honestly hope that Loui returns to the pressbox when our injured forwards return to the lineup, because he's just taking the top six spot of someone else that would do much better there - like Jake, Gaudette, Leivo, maybe even Ferky, etc etc

 

Just say no to Loui "The slouch" Eriksson! I'm sorry if this makes you feel that he's been bullied!

 

:bigblush:

Talk to James about the comparision but I presume you're to chicken for that. B)

Your like that guy that starts a fight and then runs away.

As I said before, you were much better when you tried to be smart/funny. 

Are you butthurt because I use the word try? 

 

Loui let Horvat have fun. So you should be glad for Horvat instead. 

Edited by Timråfan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ericksson is not a top 6 player. At some point this spring I hope he is dealt and that players who will be with the CUP contender in 2-3 years start to get his spot. #1 choice right now is Jake. Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen would be a heavy line. Jake has that wicked shot that could give more fire power to the line. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Ericksson is not a top 6 player. At some point this spring I hope he is dealt and that players who will be with the CUP contender in 2-3 years start to get his spot. #1 choice right now is Jake. Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen would be a heavy line. Jake has that wicked shot that could give more fire power to the line. 

Funny, Eriksson sure has looked like one with Bo and Pearson. He' playing some of his best hockey since he's been here. If he can help give Bo and Pearson more chances, particularly 5 on 5 while also being the best defensive winger on that line Jim doesn't have to go out and burn picks and prospects on a rental for this year. If Loui can maintain this level of current play its a big deal for us. 

 

I was hoping there would be an extended look with Bo and Loui for a couple of seasons now, I'm happy its working out because I thought at the start of this year Loui had nothing left, but thats clearly not the case.

 

 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Perhaps a small price to pay for the sake of the current chemistry.

true... but he'd be an upgrade on Schaller if he was healthy so we don't have to disrupt the top 3 lines. I don't think it would be cheap to move him, probably costs us a 2nd or a good prospect. I have to wonder if Sutter will even be back this year tho. 

 

Loui's had a nice 5 games, 4 pts, 14-16 minutes, some nice d... dunno, if we actually get this for 40 more games its as good as a trade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we are likely stuck with Loui for probably another 2.5 seasons we should be happy that he might be turning it around. 

Last year when Pettersson scored 10 goals in 10 games he had Eriksson on his line. Also one game where Eriksson was with Horvat and Pearson he had 4 assists. 

While he obviously isn't an offensive driver perhaps his defensive ability opens up his linemates a little more. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Talk to James about the comparision but I presume you're to chicken for that. B)

Your like that guy that starts a fight and then runs away.

As I said before, you were much better when you tried to be smart/funny. 

Are you butthurt because I use the word try? 

 

Loui let Horvat have fun. So you should be glad for Horvat instead. 

Sounds like you're the one who is "butthurt" :rolleyes:

 

You posted it all humble brag style and I'm just pointing out that the comparison is flawed, much like your logic or your false accusations of my lack of intelligence and humor.

 

AND you misused "you're", "too", and "your" - just so you know!

 

To each, their own! Get Loui on the bus to Utica ASAP!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

Sounds like you're the one who is "butthurt" :rolleyes:

 

You posted it all humble brag style and I'm just pointing out that the comparison is flawed, much like your logic or your false accusations of my lack of intelligence and humor.

 

AND you misused "you're", "too", and "your" - just so you know!

 

To each, their own! Get Loui on the bus to Utica ASAP!

Well, if you want to talk about a comparision you should talk to the source. Pretty ridiculus to point that out to me. Hence the chicken thing because I don't see you quoting someone of the solid posters. 

But if you change that and really quote everyone posting something good about Loui I can change my mind about you. I don't think you will though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're on a winning streak since Louie has been in the lineup and some people are still bitching.  Get over it.  He digs pucks out of the corners and gets it back to the point, he blocks shots, he stands in front of the net, screens, tips and takes punishment, he makes nice passes that haven't been getting converted and has chenistry with his linemates. He may not be scoring lots of goals but he's stopping lots of them.  That line is playing great and you guys are bitching.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Funny, Eriksson sure has looked like one with Bo and Pearson. He' playing some of his best hockey since he's been here. If he can help give Bo and Pearson more chances, particularly 5 on 5 while also being the best defensive winger on that line Jim doesn't have to go out and burn picks and prospects on a rental for this year. If Loui can maintain this level of current play its a big deal for us. 

 

I was hoping there would be an extended look with Bo and Loui for a couple of seasons now, I'm happy its working out because I thought at the start of this year Loui had nothing left, but thats clearly not the case.

 

 

I believe you've nailed it Mr McGill.. 

 

the boys ain't making a deep run this year.. there's some talent coming up that might work out - Pod & Hog - and who knows what happens with Ferland.. so there's no point throwing away assets to try and plug the hole when a freshly re-engaged LE will do for now. 

 

naturally there's a chance he drops off again, but there's also a chance he gets some mojo back and puts up points.. 

 

if Leivo or Ferland are healthy, is Loui in the lineup? hard to say, but they ain't and he is.. and so far, he's playing like he wants to be there.. 

 

I'm not going to call him a legit top 6 winger, I think we need to aim higher than that.. but at this rate, he'll do for this season

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Me_ said:

Sutter should get traded.

with the line up working as it is right now, Sutter should be cycling thru the press box and 4th line.. 

 

it might cost to move him, and the way things go, someone will get injured soon enough anyways

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

I believe you've nailed it Mr McGill.. 

 

the boys ain't making a deep run this year.. there's some talent coming up that might work out - Pod & Hog - and who knows what happens with Ferland.. so there's no point throwing away assets to try and plug the hole when a freshly re-engaged LE will do for now. 

 

naturally there's a chance he drops off again, but there's also a chance he gets some mojo back and puts up points.. 

 

if Leivo or Ferland are healthy, is Loui in the lineup? hard to say, but they ain't and he is.. and so far, he's playing like he wants to be there.. 

 

I'm not going to call him a legit top 6 winger, I think we need to aim higher than that.. but at this rate, he'll do for this season

I'd call it "situational top 6 ability" for now.

 

He was a very good one for a long time. But he's not being useful by being his old garbage collector role, he's doing it by smart passing plays and good positioning. His smart positional play allows him to overcome his declining speed. So who knows, maybe this lasts all year, maybe it lasts a week, maybe it dies on the road trip. But for now its good and I suspect it might be sustainable because the fit on that line isn't based on his old scoring touch, more his ability to just know how to play a decent game. 

 

 

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...