The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

On 1/6/2020 at 7:25 AM, Glug Datt said:

with the line up working as it is right now, Sutter should be cycling thru the press box and 4th line.. 

it might cost to move him, and the way things go, someone will get injured soon enough anyways

Knowing Canuck luck we trade him and he never misses another game :frantic:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This thread is full of futile excuses, empathy and mother love for a player redundant in this generation of hockey. 

Didn't you see the pie graphs of analytics that tells us LE makes Bo a better player?  :bigblush:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This thread is full of futile excuses, empathy and mother love for a player redundant in this generation of hockey. 

Be careful I've been admonished for stating such facts. First in Tampa, the guy score a goal in a 9-2 thrashing and then last night??? Zippo yet fans defend ineptness on the ice. 

Edited by aqua59
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Timråfan said:

You forgot the key word... Intelligence. 

Your understanding of “English” words isn’t too bad Timra,.   “Context” and it’s meaning, is something to work on..

no parade, gold watch, or ring of honour for you either.

Erikssons career is far overrated,  but because he is consider a Swedish Elite athlete, some give him privileges.

none that I care for.

You can build a monument beside a Fjord for him, or wax his Mercedes Timra. 
He has fallen short of many before him.. and slithered away like a pickled herring down your throat. 

Edited by SilentSam

30 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Your understanding of “English” words isn’t too bad Timra,.   “Context” and it’s meaning, is something to work on..

no parade, gold watch, or ring of honour for you either.

Erikssons career is far overrated,  but because he is consider a Swedish Elite athlete, some give him privileges.

none that I care for.

You can build a monument beside a Fjord for him, or wax his Mercedes Timra. 
He has fallen short of many before him.. and slithered away like a pickled herring down your throat. 

Fjord is Norway and I don't consider him elite. He just seem to have the strange super power to lift his linesmen. A super power many egoistic players lack. 

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

If he had any sign of intelligence, he would stop embarrassing himself.

There will be no retirement ceremony, no gold watch, no banner raised..

only a sigh of relief 

I don't think intelligence has anything to do with it.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is why Loui is still in Vancouver.

He won't be walking away from that kind of $, so we can expect to see him slipping in and out of the lineup for the foreseeable future (barring injury or trade).  It's what it is. 

6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Didn't you see the pie graphs of analytics that tells us LE makes Bo a better player?  :bigblush:

Yes over what a 5 +/- game stretch :)  What about the other 3+ years prior and the the 2 that will follow this one.  It does matter how much his cap hit is and it will matter more in the next year or two as the youngin's need to get their $$$. 

I am truly happy if Loui is happy.  Never wanted him or his family sad. Just didn't want him on the Canuck's based on his level of play - especially for how much of the cap he was absorbing.  I don't feel bad about that. Fans are permitted to critique players right?  

I still don't think he is the right player for the second line at a $6 Million dollar cap hit at 35 years of age with 2 years left after this one based on his level of play along with younger players needed for their ELC's.  Even Tyler Motte would look better on Bo's wing and he has earned an opportunity.

If he is playing well a genuine kudos to Loui.  Maybe he plays himself into a tradeable asset and everyone wins.  Go Loui Go!  

Edited by Borvat

1 hour ago, Borvat said:

Yes over what a 5 +/- game stretch :)  What about the other 3+ years prior and the the 2 that will follow this one.  It does matter how much his cap hit is and it will matter more in the next year or two as the youngin's need to get their $$$. 

I am truly happy if Loui is happy.  Never wanted him or his family sad. Just didn't want him on the Canuck's based on his level of play - especially for how much of the cap he was absorbing.  I don't feel bad about that. Fans are permitted to critique players right?  

I still don't think he is the right player for the second line at a $6 Million dollar cap hit at 35 years of age with 2 years left after this one based on his level of play along with younger players needed for their ELC's.  Even Tyler Motte would look better on Bo's wing and he has earned an opportunity.

If he is playing well a genuine kudos to Loui.  Maybe he plays himself into a tradeable asset and everyone wins.  Go Loui Go!  

Mottes been a statistical nightmare this season.

Our fourth line has been one of the worst in the NHL. But ya... Demote the guy performing because you can't get over his prior play, and then promote the guy who is getting out played almost every deployment.

2 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Mottes been a statistical nightmare this season.

Our fourth line has been one of the worst in the NHL. But ya... Demote the guy performing because you can't get over his prior play, and then promote the guy who is getting out played almost every deployment.

Are you talking about Motte or Loui?  So you are saying Loui has been outplaying Motte over the last 2 + years?  Or do you make your judgement in 5 - 10 game segments given prime minutes?  If so Loui is definitely a keeper. The guy I am demoting never should have been promoted.  The Canuck's players, Coaches and 650 am are all talking about the need for speed, physicality, forecheck and push back - in the top six mix.    Loui fits none of those.  But let's put him on the second line. Time will tell.  If Loui remains in the mix because of his play that's great.  I just think the definition of insanity is doing the same stuff and expecting a different outcome.  To each their own.

Edited by Borvat
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Fjord is Norway and I don't consider him elite. He just seem to have the strange super power to lift his linesmen. A super power many egoistic players lack. 

I know a fjord is in Norway,.  You don’t want him back in Sweden do you ??

Your right,  he’ll get a cape and a mask before he gets a banner with his number on it.

6 hours ago, Borvat said:

He is 34.

But I agree with some of the rest.  Not Motte up with Bo. He is an energy 4th liner.

I want Baer and Goldy traded for assets but either of them would do better than Motte on the 2nd line imo. Or a number of other Canuck players both with the big team and with Utica.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

He is 34.

But I agree with some of the rest.  Not Motte up with Bo. He is an energy 4th liner.

I want Baer and Goldy traded for assets but either of them would do better than Motte on the 2nd line imo. Or a number of other Canuck players both with the big team and with Utica.

My point is if they are grasping at straws - which Eriksson is at this point.  Let's give younger players, who have paid their dues and potentially have a future with the team an opportunity.  Motte is 24. They send McEwen (after he has done everything they have asked) down and play Eriksson on the second line. 

It just seems either desperate or like they are resigned to the fact they are stuck with him (Loui) and have no choice.  Neither bodes well for the team or morale for the younger players trying to "earn" a role in my opinion.  And yes Baertschi is a better option.  Lind has even earned a call up. McEwen deserved a look and Bailey has also.

Edited by Borvat
  • Cheers 2

Motte is the one guy on the 4th line that might be able to score.

he is playing with 2 black holes in offense with Schally and Beagle, they both picked an apple with Mottes last goal but otherwise can't find the net or each other out there.

if we had 6 injured wingers Motte might get a chance on the second line.

I could see him getting 20 at some point in his career, but not often

• Cheers 1