The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

1 hour ago, Robert Long said:

its very front heavy. For the last two seasons, its 12 mil AAV with 5 mil in real payout. Should be a dream for an owner like Melnyk, or a rebuilding team like Detroit. 

It just occurred to me as well, that Aquilini himself may want that too :lol:

If there's a team in the NHL that would trade for Eriksson it would be Ottawa.

3 hours ago, BoKnows said:

If there's a team in the NHL that would trade for Eriksson it would be Ottawa.

it makes a lot of sense, particularly if it nets them Jake and Rafferty e.g. for taking on Loui. I'd be fine with that if it lets us keep Marky and Toffoli. 

The other move I would like to see is Demko to Detroit with Roussel for some picks back, or if Ottawa doesn't bite Loui+Demko to Detroit for the cap clearing. 

1 hour ago, Robert Long said:

it makes a lot of sense, particularly if it nets them Jake and Rafferty e.g. for taking on Loui. I'd be fine with that if it lets us keep Marky and Toffoli. 

The other move I would like to see is Demko to Detroit with Roussel for some picks back, or if Ottawa doesn't bite Loui+Demko to Detroit for the cap clearing. 

I wouldn’t mind that at all.  I really like the steps that Jake took this season, but his ceiling won’t be near Toff.  We also have a good amount of young D prospects better than Rafferty.

On 8/5/2020 at 11:00 PM, FinchBird said:

Big Lou played big boy hockey in game 2 and probably stays with Furly out. Like what he brings to Bo’s game and he has something to prove. Would suggest he goes back to a wood stick though, Love to see him score winning goal in the big game and become the immortal one in Vancouver.

not just Loui, but I wonder why PK guys don't use wood sticks

Petey's  goal against Faulk with a broken stick in not that uncommon

Saw a baseball player get switched fron LF to 2nd base, guy runs to the dug out and changes gloves... why not PK guys

I just cannot understand how a guy who had 215+ goals over 10 seasons gets to Vancouver and is a black hole offensively. It just completely dried up. He doesn't even look like he can sore. The behind his back wrap around in game 4 just highlighted his inability to get the puck in the net. Its so hard to watch as it must be heartbreaking for him and his team mates.

Its like he is cursed!!!

I get that offense dries up as you get older, but his has vanished.

It certainly would help if it comes back soon.

On 8/20/2020 at 9:40 AM, canuckpuckluck15 said:

I just cannot understand how a guy who had 215+ goals over 10 seasons gets to Vancouver and is a black hole offensively. It just completely dried up. He doesn't even look like he can sore. The behind his back wrap around in game 4 just highlighted his inability to get the puck in the net. Its so hard to watch as it must be heartbreaking for him and his team mates.

Its like he is cursed!!!

I get that offense dries up as you get older, but his has vanished.

It certainly would help if it comes back soon.

You need to excersice in tough games and Loui isn't utilised like that. 

That's why I'm talking about having him on pp1 so we free up a good player for pp2. Pp2 lacks a really good player to steer things up.

Loui can fill the hole in front of the goal and make sure the puck stays in offensive zon in pp1. 

I really think his abilities suit pp1 great. 

Especially since pp2 really needs a Horvat. 

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

That's why I'm talking about having him on pp1 so we free up a good player for pp2. Pp2 lacks a really good player to steer things up.

Loui can fill the hole in front of the goal and make sure the puck stays in offensive zon in pp1. 

Time to take off the blinders. Loui has played a Hell of A LOT of top 6 minutes since being here. There was no reason for his offence to vanish other than himself. Hell hes played a good chuck of this season with Horvat and Pearson

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Time to take off the blinders. Loui has played a Hell of A LOT of top 6 minutes since being here. There was no reason for his offence to vanish other than himself. Hell hes played a good chuck of this season with Horvat and Pearson

And he took the defensive pressure of Horvat so Horvat could play as he wanted.

The reason Loui should be on pp1 is to take pressure of Petey, Hughes etc because he will tie up people around the goalie. He got the iq to move so the defence have a hard time with him one man short. It's the position he used to score earlier so why not use him at his best... Pk, with Horvat and on pp1. 

Edited by Timråfan

The reason Loui should be on pp1 is to take pressure of Petey, Hughes etc because he will tie up people around the goalie. He got the iq to move so the defence have a hard time with him one man short. It's the position he used to score earlier so why not use him at his best... Pk, with Horvat and on pp1. 

I really appreciate Loui and his efforts, but if these playoffs have proven anything, it's that he's incredibly one-dimensional. Despite playing on a line with Bo Horvat and Tanner Pearson, each who have 8 and 6 points respectively in 9 games, Eriksson is still pointless in his 8 post-season games. He has no offense left whatsoever and his skillset would be wasted on the PP. Keep him on the PK and for other key defensive situations.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I really appreciate Loui and his efforts, but if these playoffs have proven anything, it's that he's incredibly one-dimensional. Despite playing on a line with Bo Horvat and Tanner Pearson, each who have 8 and 6 points respectively in 9 games, Eriksson is still pointless in his 8 post-season games. He has no offense left whatsoever and his skillset would be wasted on the PP. Keep him on the PK and for other key defensive situations.

Again, I don't want Loui there to score... I want him to get the defence shattered so Petey, Hughes, Miller and Boeser/Horvat get more space. 

With his stick and hockey iq he will do that. 

Let him teach our young players how to play in the crease. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Loui is garbage offensively. He is NEVER going to be on PP1.

Are you just trolling?

If I'm not mistaken, then Loui resides in Dallas with his family during the offseason right?  I wonder if the Stars might have any interest in taking on Loui if the Canucks retain 1/2 the salary.  I assume we would need to add but Dallas has a couple expiring bottom 6 contracts and are shedding Polak and Sekera's contracts too.  They need to re-sign Gurianov, Hintz and Faksa, which won't be cheap but shouldn't break the bank either (they're all going on second contracts), but they're also shedding some salary with around $18M to spend this offseason. 

Maybe Eriksson (1/2) and Benn (both guys with strong Dallas connections) in some kind of package?

10 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Sorry bud if you can’t hang offensively with the big boys you shouldn’t be in that spot. If you think You don’t get scoring chances playing with Horvat your wrong.

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

Sorry bud if you can’t hang offensively with the big boys you shouldn’t be in that spot. If you think You don’t get scoring chances playing with Horvat your wrong.

The problem for Horvat with other players is that he has to cover for them. When they attack he has to think differently. 

The problem for Horvat with other players is that he has to cover for them. When they attack he has to think differently. 

Yea I don’t know what I was thinking Horvat is a plug defensively and doesn’t think about that part of the game

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

but what if by being in that spot, Bo gets up to 7-10% more high danger chances, and a similar reduction in high danger chances against? 

Edited by Robert Long

the line based statistics prove this out to a degree. I wouldn't say Bo "covers" for others but there is an increase in chances against when not with Loui.