StealthNuck

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

On 7/21/2020 at 7:13 AM, King Heffy said:

Easy solution then.  Send him down to Utica and tell Cull to leave our $6 million sack of $#!& in the pressbox where he belongs.  If he wants to actually play hockey, he'd better agree to mutually terminate the contract because he sure as hell shouldn't be playing another shift for us.

I hope they don't let you near Louis equipment after you "fixed" his stick yesterday... 

On 8/3/2020 at 6:38 PM, DeNiro said:

I would slot Eriksson in over Pearson or Roussel at this point.

Very disappointed in their first games.

Big Lou played big boy hockey in game 2 and probably stays with Furly out. Like what he brings to Bo’s game and he has something to prove. Would suggest he goes back to a wood stick though, Love to see him score winning goal in the big game and become the immortal one in Vancouver.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I think his Nickname needs to change from “Little Things” to “Nine Lives Loui”

Due to injuries he keeps getting chances to play when he really should have been relegated to the minors.

He is a decent 4th line/depth player but his contract and needing to get young guys into the lineup mean he really should be buried In the minors and never seen from again.

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

I think his Nickname needs to change from “Little Things” to “Nine Lives Loui”

Due to injuries he keeps getting chances to play when he really should have been relegated to the minors.

He is a decent 4th line/depth player but his contract and needing to get young guys into the lineup mean he really should be buried In the minors and never seen from again.

His contract has nothing to do with him being in the minors. There is minimal savings burying him even if replacing him with the cheapest option possible.

It comes down to his play. His offense is no longer there to justify the amount of cap he takes up, but he's still a serviceable defensive forward. He played 20+ minutes in the last game, so I think he has more to offer than simply being a 4th line/depth forward. Until we have a youthful player that can actually replace what he does on the PK, defensively 5v5, and being one of the strongest on board battles, then he still holds value on our roster. Almost every time we have taken him out of the roster and not back fill his role, the team seems to struggle. Not saying he's a key piece to our future, but I don't think he should be buried in the minors. No one is taking him off our hands without us paying a pretty penny, so might as well play him as he can still provide a role for the team.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Loui had a good game.  I don't like his pay cheque...but not like I pay it. 

If he can keep up the defensive game (he usually always does) he will help the team during these games for sure.

• Upvote 1

As much as I like to complain about Eriksson he plays with heart.  It doesn't justify his $6 cap hit, but he gives it his all.  Unfortunately, there isn't too much finish left in those hands of his.  I'm learning to like Eriksson.

Loui knows where to be on D and in the O-zone, he knows where to be force defenders to pay attention to him as his linemates move the puck around which opens up space for his teammates.  He's not a serious threat to score anymore but if I remember correctly, Loui was never really a "1-shot" player was mostly dangerous close to the nets due to how good his hands were.  He's obviously lost a lot of that touch, but he still shows that he knows where he needs to be and is still dangerous enough near the net that D can't just leave him space.

Obviously the Canucks need to figure out what to do with his contract due to their cap issues, but he's not otherwise a player that hurts the team.

• Hydration 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Loui knows where to be on D and in the O-zone, he knows where to be force defenders to pay attention to him as his linemates move the puck around which opens up space for his teammates.  He's not a serious threat to score anymore but if I remember correctly, Loui was never really a "1-shot" player was mostly dangerous close to the nets due to how good his hands were.  He's obviously lost a lot of that touch, but he still shows that he knows where he needs to be and is still dangerous enough near the net that D can't just leave him space.

Obviously the Canucks need to figure out what to do with his contract due to their cap issues, but he's not otherwise a player that hurts the team.

thats it exactly. Its good to see more fans recognizing that vs. the endless moaning we've got over his deal. 

It would be nice if Jim can find a way to move him this offseason, and Loui is making a strong case for still being a good player, this stuff gets noticed 10x more in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Robert Long said:

thats it exactly. Its good to see more fans recognizing that vs. the endless moaning we've got over his deal. 

It would be nice if Jim can find a way to move him this offseason, and Loui is making a strong case for still being a good player, this stuff gets noticed 10x more in the playoffs. 

Yeah, given the cap situation it would be ideal if we rid of him but right now he's playing good enough to stick in the lineup.

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah, given the cap situation it would be ideal if we rid of him but right now he's playing good enough to stick in the lineup.

he's pretty much earning about 1/2 his deal. So its not all dead cap space at least. I do think he's movable to a team like Ottawa with the right prospect pieces thrown in but we'll see. 

17 hours ago, Robert Long said:

he's pretty much earning about 1/2 his deal. So its not all dead cap space at least. I do think he's movable to a team like Ottawa with the right prospect pieces thrown in but we'll see. 

Isn't his contract front heavy?  I think Vancouver already paid him most of his $36 million.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Isn't his contract front heavy?  I think Vancouver already paid him most of his $36 million.

its very front heavy. For the last two seasons, its 12 mil AAV with 5 mil in real payout. Should be a dream for an owner like Melnyk, or a rebuilding team like Detroit. 

It just occurred to me as well, that Aquilini himself may want that too :lol:

Edited by Robert Long

its very front heavy. For the last two seasons, its 12 mil AAV with 5 mil in real payout. Should be a dream for an owner like Melnyk, or a rebuilding team like Detroit. 

It just occurred to me as well, that Aquilini himself may want that too :lol:

If there's a team in the NHL that would trade for Eriksson it would be Ottawa.

3 hours ago, BoKnows said:

If there's a team in the NHL that would trade for Eriksson it would be Ottawa.

it makes a lot of sense, particularly if it nets them Jake and Rafferty e.g. for taking on Loui. I'd be fine with that if it lets us keep Marky and Toffoli. 

The other move I would like to see is Demko to Detroit with Roussel for some picks back, or if Ottawa doesn't bite Loui+Demko to Detroit for the cap clearing. 

it makes a lot of sense, particularly if it nets them Jake and Rafferty e.g. for taking on Loui. I'd be fine with that if it lets us keep Marky and Toffoli. 

The other move I would like to see is Demko to Detroit with Roussel for some picks back, or if Ottawa doesn't bite Loui+Demko to Detroit for the cap clearing. 

I wouldn’t mind that at all.  I really like the steps that Jake took this season, but his ceiling won’t be near Toff.  We also have a good amount of young D prospects better than Rafferty.

On 8/5/2020 at 11:00 PM, FinchBird said:

Big Lou played big boy hockey in game 2 and probably stays with Furly out. Like what he brings to Bo’s game and he has something to prove. Would suggest he goes back to a wood stick though, Love to see him score winning goal in the big game and become the immortal one in Vancouver.

not just Loui, but I wonder why PK guys don't use wood sticks

Petey's  goal against Faulk with a broken stick in not that uncommon

Saw a baseball player get switched fron LF to 2nd base, guy runs to the dug out and changes gloves... why not PK guys

Loui is one of the best wingers on this team.

Overpaid?  Yes

Underwhelming production?  Sure

But he's one of the only forwards who can play 5v5 and penalty-kill properly.

Hope this helps.

I just cannot understand how a guy who had 215+ goals over 10 seasons gets to Vancouver and is a black hole offensively. It just completely dried up. He doesn't even look like he can sore. The behind his back wrap around in game 4 just highlighted his inability to get the puck in the net. Its so hard to watch as it must be heartbreaking for him and his team mates.

Its like he is cursed!!!

I get that offense dries up as you get older, but his has vanished.

It certainly would help if it comes back soon.

Yeah it IS a head scratcher. I figured he just had to settle in and find chemistry but if you expect it to "come back soon" I'm pretty sure that ship set sail some 2 years back.

On 8/20/2020 at 9:40 AM, canuckpuckluck15 said:

I just cannot understand how a guy who had 215+ goals over 10 seasons gets to Vancouver and is a black hole offensively. It just completely dried up. He doesn't even look like he can sore. The behind his back wrap around in game 4 just highlighted his inability to get the puck in the net. Its so hard to watch as it must be heartbreaking for him and his team mates.

Its like he is cursed!!!

I get that offense dries up as you get older, but his has vanished.

It certainly would help if it comes back soon.

You need to excersice in tough games and Loui isn't utilised like that. 

That's why I'm talking about having him on pp1 so we free up a good player for pp2. Pp2 lacks a really good player to steer things up.

Loui can fill the hole in front of the goal and make sure the puck stays in offensive zon in pp1. 

I really think his abilities suit pp1 great. 

Especially since pp2 really needs a Horvat.