StealthNuck

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

5 minutes ago, Pink Sock said:

I don't know what you're smoking. 

How could this decision come quicker for Green? He isn't stubborn and it's not a hard decision. Green made the right choice by parking Loui's ass in the press box.

In what world can you call Toffoli a burden for his line when that is basically the definition of Loui these days. Is this bizzaro world?

Because an injured Toffoli can't give Pearson and Horvat what they need. 

Loui was good at that. 

19 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

but Loui kind of disappeared in his last couple of games too. Maybe he had an injury. 

Yes and it happened before. But Vegas hadn't adapted for that line with Loui so it might have been really good for Horvat and Pearson. 

If Loui was injured it wasn't much to do. 

22 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Because an injured Toffoli can't give Pearson and Horvat what they need. 

Loui was good at that. 

What exactly was it that Loui was good at?

EDIT: Don't worry about it, not worth our time. 

Edited by Pink Sock

20 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Yes and it happened before. But Vegas hadn't adapted for that line with Loui so it might have been really good for Horvat and Pearson. 

If Loui was injured it wasn't much to do. 

Loui is a boat anchor and so is his contract.   Borderline line 4th line player who can PK.  Other players will have to leave because he can't acknowledge the game has passed him by.  The Canucks, have at least to this point, not embarrased him by demoting him or bad mouthing him.  Same can't be said for Loui.

Loui E has had a great career.  Made a ton of money.  Surely he has enough money now for a great retirement.

Getting scratched now from the roster and watching from the stands must be brutal for him to go through.  He is a pro and his pride must be taking a beating.

Really hoping he does the right thing now and decides to retire. 

19 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Loui is a boat anchor and so is his contract.   Borderline line 4th line player who can PK.  Other players will have to leave because he can't acknowledge the game has passed him by.  The Canucks, have at least to this point, not embarrased him by demoting him or bad mouthing him.  Same can't be said for Loui.

Yeah, I know, tell Green to hire me. 

15 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Yeah, I know, tell Green to hire me. 

Will you be able to get Loui to realize his best before date is passed and it's time to hang em up without becoming an even bigger embarrassment?  If so they should hire you.

Hire you for what. Pumping Loui's tires like you usually do here. I think not unless your opinion has actually changed on L E.

37 minutes ago, crobar said:

Hire you for what. Pumping Loui's tires like you usually do here. I think not unless your opinion has actually changed on L E.

I think he needs a little swedish flair around him more often. B)

47 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I think he needs a little swedish flair around him more often. B)

If he retires and moves back to Sweden he will get lots of thatB)

11 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If he retires and moves back to Sweden he will get lots of thatB)

Green doesn't move back. ::D

I will teach him to eat surströmming if he comes over. B)

• Haha 1

I would tell Loui that he will be playing out the remainder of his contract in the AHL.

His options are:

1. Accept that. 

2. Have his agent find a team that will take his contract in a reasonable trade

3. Agree to mutually terminate the contract and have his agent find him another team who needs a defensive forward at a reasonable contract rate.

I would refuse to buy him out, it wouldn't save us anything against the Cap. He has never in the time that he's been here, come close to meeting the expectations relative to the teams commitment to him.

Time to play a little hardball.

11 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

So was that also with a sweetener, or taking crap back too? 

Eriksson @ 100% for Abdelkader @ ~60%. Van then buys out Abdelkader resulting in a ~1.08 cap hit for 20-21 and slightly higher from 21-23.  The $$$ on the deal is a wash for both sides if DET holds LE for a season and then buys out. The benefit is they get a player who can still play in the NHL for a player that had 0 g AND 3 a IN 49 games last season. 

On 9/25/2020 at 11:16 AM, Mackcanuck said:

Great, tell Eriksson that we're not even inviting him to camp, he refuses to report, we suspend him, negotiate a termination of contract and he goes and signs somewhere else for 3 million, instantly making more than he will either of the next two seasons.

Problems solved!!! ;)

This leech has to go. He is such a drain on hope. 

11 hours ago, Slegr said:

This leech has to go. He is such a drain on hope. 

Yeah, playing an injuried Toffoli really sparked some hope... I wonder what you have said if playing Loui instead of Toffoli would have got us past Vegas.  

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Yeah, playing an injuried Toffoli really sparked some hope... I wonder what you have said if playing Loui instead of Toffoli would have got us past Vegas.  

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

• Haha 1