The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The two biggest pieces of garbage to ever suit up for the Canucks in one picture.

Messier doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Eriksson. What Eriksson has done doesn't come even remotely close to Messier's destruction and I'd think anyone thinking otherwise either wasn't a fan during those times or doesn't know the depth of how much Messier destroyed the Canucks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Messier doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Eriksson. What Eriksson has done doesn't come even remotely close to Messier's destruction and I'd think anyone thinking otherwise either wasn't a fan during those times or doesn't know the depth of how much Messier destroyed the Canucks.

Oh I'm not arguing.  He's a far, far distant number two.  Messier's tombstone had better have a hand sanitizing station nearby because it's going to double as a urinal.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Fact checked myself Lol

AHL start moved from Dec 4 20 to

Feb 21.

But theoreticaly this player could be sent to Utica when AHL camps start, after NHL camp.

This would be awesome. With the travel restrictions, if we can send him to AHL, it would be extremely unlikely that we'd see him on the main team again, and I would actually be shocked if he didn't refuse to report.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 1:09 PM, VegasCanuck said:

This would be awesome. With the travel restrictions, if we can send him to AHL, it would be extremely unlikely that we'd see him on the main team again, and I would actually be shocked if he didn't refuse to report.

But don't be surprised if Utica, Bakersfield and Stockton relocate to Abbotsford, Red Deer and Medicine Hat just for this season (or even to their home cities of Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary) for a Canadian AHL Division.  So call-ups would be simple. 

12 hours ago, Googlie said:

But don't be surprised if Utica, Bakersfield and Stockton relocate to Abbotsford, Red Deer and Medicine Hat just for this season (or even to their home cities of Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary) for a Canadian AHL Division.  So call-ups would be simple. 

For now apparently not but that could change.  

On 10/30/2020 at 10:10 PM, -AJ- said:

Agreed. Loui was an exceptionally disappointing signing, but that's all it has been. Messier is, and will always be the worst signing ever in Vancouver's history and future. And it isn't even close.

I wish nothing ill on Loui. I just want him to do the honorable thing, and give this team a break by not reporting and we part ways. I know we are contractually bound, but it really is best for all. Then he can finish his career in Sweden if he wants to keep playing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 10/30/2020 at 9:10 PM, -AJ- said:

Many I worked with were saying "the cup is ours" when the signing was announced. I said at that time he wouldn't make a big difference as he was past his best before date. I'm no where near as bitter about Messier as most. No Messier = no McCabe and Bertuzzi for Linden. McCabe and Bertuzzi in turn became a Sedin and Luongo. Meaning signing Messier led to the great WCE era and the 2011 cup run. And Linden returned to play out his career anyway. Pretty good results considering I didn't expect much to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

Many I worked with were saying "the cup is ours" when the signing was announced. I said at that time he wouldn't make a big difference as he was past his best before date. I'm no where near as bitter about Messier as most. No Messier = no McCabe and Bertuzzi for Linden. McCabe and Bertuzzi in turn became a Sedin and Luongo. Meaning signing Messier led to the great WCE era and the 2011 cup run. And Linden returned to play out his career anyway. Pretty good results considering I didn't expect much to begin with. 

Problem with Messier wasn't so much his lazy and piss-poor play on the ice, it was his absolutely disgraceful conduct away from it.  The franchise could easily relocated due to the damage that piece of **** did to its reputation. 

Question.  Has LE ever answered a question about whether he thinks he is producing at a level anywhere close to his contract? I recall a year ago he had a little spat in the media over TG's use of him.  But I don't recall a quote from him ever that answers the very very obvious frustrations of the fan base over his lack of production - and now blocking the team from getting better due to his bloated contract.

If anyone can produce a quote I think we would all love to see it.

If not then the question is why does he continue to get such a seeming free ride? I know the fans post their frustrations but if he ignores that no one in the media presses him for a quote then isn't that a free ride? Sure he has a guaranteed contract but honestly how does he feel about it at this point? Is he completely unconcerned or has he tried to offer an explanation of how he feels about a 6m cap hit to his team and teammates while his production is so poor?

Or was that what he thought he was doing by complaining about TG last year?

HMM...

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1