The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

On 11/19/2020 at 6:17 PM, fanfor42 said:

Question.  Has LE ever answered a question about whether he thinks he is producing at a level anywhere close to his contract? I recall a year ago he had a little spat in the media over TG's use of him.  But I don't recall a quote from him ever that answers the very very obvious frustrations of the fan base over his lack of production - and now blocking the team from getting better due to his bloated contract.

If anyone can produce a quote I think we would all love to see it.

If not then the question is why does he continue to get such a seeming free ride? I know the fans post their frustrations but if he ignores that no one in the media presses him for a quote then isn't that a free ride? Sure he has a guaranteed contract but honestly how does he feel about it at this point? Is he completely unconcerned or has he tried to offer an explanation of how he feels about a 6m cap hit to his team and teammates while his production is so poor?

Or was that what he thought he was doing by complaining about TG last year?

HMM...

I agree. Jake is constantly being raked over his game to game performance whilst the media doesn't press LE at all. That is, about his loss of any or all of his scoring touch. Is this shortfall injury related? Does he not like it here? Is he in disagreement with his deployment? Did he lose all his confidence when he got here? Is he just pulling a Messier and going through the motions? Has he lost his love for the game? Problems off the ice? Or is it mental fragility? I'd like to here his side of the 6 million dollar story.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 11/30/2020 at 8:59 PM, Dazzle said:

Just to have some context, that poster was the same guy bashing Benning preemptively for getting rid of Dahlen. The poster also claimed that the Canucks "mishandled" Dahlen, who DEMANDED a trade in the same year that he was in the AHL. He didn't wait to see what would happen next year after some offseason training. And after Dahlen went back to the Swedish hockey league, he went back to the second tier Swedish league - not the first.

You're right that there's context.

Well, it has surfaced a lot of abuse from coaches around the league. And it probably gets worse the lower tier in NA you get. 

So the neanderthal thinking in NA I talked about exists. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3

22 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, it has surfaced a lot of abuse from coaches around the league. And it probably gets worse the lower tier in NA you get. 

So the neanderthal thinking in NA I talked about exists. 

Because if neaderthal thinking exists, as you said it, Pettersson wouldn't have made it right? What about Lindholm? What about Backstrom? SO many excuses for Dahlen, but rather than wait out the AHL season, have a decent offseason and come back fighting for an NHL spot, he pouts. So how does he do on the SJ that could have used him? Yeah... they didn't want him either.

SO many excuses for Swedish players... yet the Swedish players who made it contradict your 'neanderthal' theory. Truly asinine.

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Because if neaderthal thinking exists, as you said it, Pettersson wouldn't have made it right? What about Lindholm? What about Backstrom? SO many excuses for Dahlen, but rather than wait out the AHL season, have a decent offseason and come back fighting for an NHL spot, he pouts. So how does he do on the SJ that could have used him? Yeah... they didn't want him either.

SO many excuses for Swedish players... yet the Swedish players who made it contradict your 'neanderthal' theory. Truly asinine.

I actually think Benning should have sent Dahlen to Timrå at once instead of AHL.

It was a pain for Dahlen to know that it went downhill for the team he loved. 

Psychology is something very important. 

And if you want goons only you get goons, or drones if it's more suitable. 

Benning showed a player that was teamfriendly in mind if you nurture it. 

Benning showed he didn't understand the situation. 

Go to Dahlens thread if you want to discuss mor. 

• Wat 2

4 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Naslund, Ohlund, and the Sedins developed just fine under Crawford, who's one of the so-called "Neanderthals".  Occam's razor would tend to suggest that Dahlen has no one to blame but himself, just like our 6 million dollar floater.  LE should join Dahlen in Sweden where none of the big mean coaches will hurt his feelings by calling out his atrocious play and telling him to at least try to play like an NHLer.

• Cheers 2

19 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I actually think Benning should have sent Dahlen to Timrå at once instead of AHL.

It was a pain for Dahlen to know that it went downhill for the team he loved. 

Psychology is something very important. 

And if you want goons only you get goons, or drones if it's more suitable. 

Benning showed a player that was teamfriendly in mind if you nurture it. 

Benning showed he didn't understand the situation. 

Go to Dahlens thread if you want to discuss mor. 

The only person to blame for Dahlen’s demise is Dahlen. There is a certain level of work ethic you need to make the NHL and he wasn’t even close. Despite loving his skill set I stop caring about him when I heard of his poor worth ethic. Let him have it easy in the lower league in Sweden.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

The only person to blame for Dahlen’s demise is Dahlen. There is a certain level of work ethic you need to make the NHL and he wasn’t even close. Despite loving his skill set I stop caring about him when I heard of his poor worth ethic. Let him have it easy in the lower league in Sweden.

Yep! in ten years time he's going to be saying "If only, if only I wouldn't be working as a postman now) 

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2020 at 3:18 PM, goog16 said:

The only positive is that he will be gone in 2 years!!!!

I am guessing one year.....

This will be a short season so may as well as take the lumps. Either buy him out or hope for a retirement for next season.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

:(

interesting. Usually when GMs say things like "as of right now" that doesn't bode well for the future for the player. We all knew there was no way to dump Loui that wasn't prohibitively expensive. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I was just reading where Miikka Kiprusoff walked away from $5.8 Million rather than stealing it for one season the article said

I wonder how many others have actually done that?

Markus Naslund retired with at least one year left on his deal with the Rangers.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I was just reading where Miikka Kiprusoff walked away from $5.8 Million rather than stealing it for one season the article said

I wonder how many others have actually done that?

That was the cap hit.  The salary of that final season was 1.5M.  

• Cheers 1

His signing bonus is 3 million this year (1 million salary). His bonus next year is only 1 million with a 3 million dollar salary. 

The time to get rid of Eriksson via trade or retirement is now. Since that is not happening we might buy him out his last season.

Next year we need to sign Hughes, Pettersson  but have Pearson, Sutter, Baertschi, Edler, Spooner, and Benn coming off the books. An Eriksson buyout would save an additional 2 million. The year after he would be carrying an extra 1 million but Luongo is off the books then.