The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

2 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

His signing bonus is 3 million this year (1 million salary). His bonus next year is only 1 million with a 3 million dollar salary. 

The time to get rid of Eriksson via trade or retirement is now. Since that is not happening we might buy him out his last season.

Next year we need to sign Hughes, Pettersson  but have Pearson, Sutter, Baertschi, Edler, Spooner, and Benn coming off the books. An Eriksson buyout would save an additional 2 million. The year after he would be carrying an extra 1 million but Luongo is off the books then. 

I think he'll be bought out next off-season for sure. With the low bonus, we do actually save money, as you pointed out.

why not take a page from the panthers management strategy? (behind closed doors) offer louis a spot on the coaching staff, his hockey IQ is pretty high and all the "little things" he does could be passed on.I mean from all the conversations about the team as a whole ,they say there's a friendship there, comradery. Louis retires collects this years stolen loot then joins the coaching staff next year.

• Cheers 1

On 12/2/2020 at 6:54 PM, Dats hockey said:

The only person to blame for Dahlen’s demise is Dahlen. There is a certain level of work ethic you need to make the NHL and he wasn’t even close. Despite loving his skill set I stop caring about him when I heard of his poor worth ethic. Let him have it easy in the lower league in Sweden.

Sure... The only problem I've heard has more to do with loyalty to his club in Sweden and a fear of concussions. 

Because those two "problems" can make people lose objectives. 

So psychology is key. 

The thing you talk about, "worth ethic"(or work ethic) is damage control from Utica. B)

• Wat 2

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Sure... The only problem I've heard has more to do with loyalty to his club in Sweden and a fear of concussions. 

So psychology is key. 

The thing you talk about, "worth ethic"(or work ethic) is damage control from Utica. B)

So he plays scared.  Got it.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

22 hours ago, Timråfan said:

So psychology is key. 

The excuses for Dahlen and Loui are tiring at best. 

On 12/3/2020 at 9:53 AM, Mackcanuck said:

:(

Translate that Canuck fans should be prepared to see Eriksson in the lineup this coming season.  "little things" will keep doing his little things.

Who knows, expectations are so low that maybe Green goes crazy in Toffoli's absence and gets put on a Petterson line as the defensive presence so it can do more head to head match ups.  It would be very Canuck like for Eriksson to suddenly get a bunch of points that won't matter to our future except make our draft standing worse), and then we think he will repeat that the next year and he goes back to being terrible.

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Translate that Canuck fans should be prepared to see Eriksson in the lineup this coming season.  "little things" will keep doing his little things.

Who knows, expectations are so low that maybe Green goes crazy in Toffoli's absence and gets put on a Petterson line as the defensive presence so it can do more head to head match ups.  It would be very Canuck like for Eriksson to suddenly get a bunch of points that won't matter to our future except make our draft standing worse), and then we think he will repeat that the next year and he goes back to being terrible.

I suspect Green will have a real short leash with him.  I can't think of any guy currently under contract who wouldn't be an upgrade on a useless floater with a piss poor attitude.  As fans, we need to do our part and make it clear that letting this worthless piece of garbage continue to disgrace the organization is unacceptable; we need to run this loser out of town.

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I suspect Green will have a real short leash with him.  I can't think of any guy currently under contract who wouldn't be an upgrade on a useless floater with a piss poor attitude.  As fans, we need to do our part and make it clear that letting this worthless piece of garbage continue to disgrace the organization is unacceptable; we need to run this loser out of town.

I know you hate LE. You hate his guts. You post that you hate him almost every single day.

However you are just a fan buddy.  You are not going to change reality.

Reality is Benning's quote.  LE will be here for the upcoming year.

Reality is that next year he can be bought out with a 2m savings. Which will likely happen.

Maybe move on?  

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I know you hate LE. You hate his guts. You post that you hate him almost every single day.

However you are just a fan buddy.  You are not going to change reality.

Reality is Benning's quote.  LE will be here for the upcoming year.

Reality is that next year he can be bought out with a 2m savings. Which will likely happen.

Maybe move on?  

It's been done before in Toronto with Murphy.  Our best hope is to make LE so uncomfortable in town that he demands a trade.  Refuse to serve him in restaurants, call him out for being a lazy sack of **** when he's walking down the street, boo him every time he touches the puck if fans are allowed back.  Anything is better than sitting idly by while that lazy bum wastes a roster spot that could be used on a player with a chance to be an actual NHLer.  It's our duty as fans to do everything humanly possible to make sure LE never plays another shift for us.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 4

On 12/13/2020 at 2:42 PM, Dannydog said:

why not take a page from the panthers management strategy? (behind closed doors) offer louis a spot on the coaching staff, his hockey IQ is pretty high and all the "little things" he does could be passed on.I mean from all the conversations about the team as a whole ,they say there's a friendship there, comradery. Louis retires collects this years stolen loot then joins the coaching staff next year.

um ya, that is kinda like taking your ex on a date with your new girlfriend

... I 'd reather keep Baumer and Newell

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

It's been done before in Toronto with Murphy.  Our best hope is to make LE so uncomfortable in town that he demands a trade.  Refuse to serve him in restaurants, call him out for being a lazy sack of **** when he's walking down the street, boo him every time he touches the puck if fans are allowed back.  Anything is better than sitting idly by while that lazy bum wastes a roster spot that could be used on a player with a chance to be an actual NHLer.  It's our duty as fans to do everything humanly possible to make sure LE never plays another shift for us.

Loui doesn’t owe any fan anything. And promoting openly harassing a player after what just took place with the Holtby’s is ridiculous at best. These guys Loui included are human beings not “pieces of garbage” 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Good way to ensure no UFA would ever want to sign with us ever again. Bravo! Ugh.

Edited by NorthWestNuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

On a lighter note, whenever the AHL Twitter account posts flashbacks on their graduates, I always look out for former and current Canuck players. Today's highlight is none other than our Loui Eriksson. I know the bar is set lower, but perhaps he can find a groove in a 2nd/3rd line tweener role this year, with some flashes of brilliance here and there as he might be facing lesser competition on a checking/supporting line. 

Edited by Harvey Specter
Spelling mistake

On 12/14/2020 at 7:04 PM, King Heffy said:

It's our duty to publicly harass someone, with the intention of chipping away at their mental health to the point where they decide to leave the city?

Okay, then...

• Cheers 4

8 hours ago, Harvey Specter said:

On a lighter note, whenever the AHL Twitter account posts flashbacks on their graduates, I always look out for former and current Canuck players. Today's highlight is none other than our Loui Eriksson. I know the bar is set lower, but perhaps he can find a groove in a 2nd/3rd line tweener role this year, with some flashes of brilliance here and there as he might be facing lesser competition on a checking/supporting line. 

I suspect 550 of those points were scored before he joined the Canucks ;) 

• Haha 3

On 12/14/2020 at 11:25 PM, canuck73_3 said:

The excuses for Dahlen and Loui are tiring at best. 

Watching fans talk $&!# about their own players is much worse. 

I wouldn't write anything about those players if the fans behaved nice and only joked about them. When they become nasty I jump in. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/14/2020 at 7:04 PM, King Heffy said:

People are hard on this opinion, but as fans, it’s within right to express our displeasure. Eriksson knew when he signed that massive contract that if he didn’t earn it, he’d hear it. It comes with the territory. And he hasn’t come close to earning it. He even complained to the press about his ice time. I have no issue with him being boo’d by Canucks fans. 

13 minutes ago, Slegr said:

People are hard on this opinion, but as fans, it’s within right to express our displeasure. Eriksson knew when he signed that massive contract that if he didn’t earn it, he’d hear it. It comes with the territory. And he hasn’t come close to earning it. He even complained to the press about his ice time. I have no issue with him being boo’d by Canucks fans. 

It's not even that he didn't earn it, it's that he isn't even trying, plus his whining to the press.  Ballard was vastly overpaid but still worked hard, dropped the mitts for teammates even though he wasn't good at it, and accepted his role without complaint.  I loved that guy.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3