The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

On 12/16/2020 at 12:05 PM, Harvey Specter said:

On a lighter note, whenever the AHL Twitter account posts flashbacks on their graduates, I always look out for former and current Canuck players. Today's highlight is none other than our Loui Eriksson. I know the bar is set lower, but perhaps he can find a groove in a 2nd/3rd line tweener role this year, with some flashes of brilliance here and there as he might be facing lesser competition on a checking/supporting line. 

Maybe he should go back to the oversized shoulder pads.

dsOLkfA.jpg

On December 19, 2020 at 2:54 AM, Timråfan said:

Watching fans talk $&!# about their own players is much worse. 

I wouldn't write anything about those players if the fans behaved nice and only joked about them. When they become nasty I jump in. 

First upvote I ever gave you. However, for me this issue doesn't just apply to the players, so I often do the same when someone (like you for example) talks crap about JB or any other member of the organization.

• Haha 1

On 12/22/2020 at 8:25 PM, WeneedLumme said:

First upvote I ever gave you. However, for me this issue doesn't just apply to the players, so I often do the same when someone (like you for example) talks crap about JB or any other member of the organization.

The bad in your comparation(or what you say) is that when I bring in JB(because of issues with par example Dahlen( as I don't need to say anything about JB without that issue)) I get 20 angry answers... When Dahlen got jumped only I stepped in. Regarding Loui it's better now but from the start it was almost only I that tried to steer the ship on a better course. 

A bit unfair to compare us two. B)

Edited by Timråfan

17 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Regarding Loui it's better now but from the start it was almost only I that tried to steer the ship on a better course. 

A bit unfair to compare us two. B)

As long as the boat's going back to Sweden where LE can sit on his lazy ass and stop being a disgrace to his family by wasting more of Aquilini's money playing like hte useless piece of garbage that he is, I'm more than willing to fill the tank.

9 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

It's getting pathetic but they need to put their foot down and not play him. 

To be fair, he was a healthy scratch quite a bit during the playoff run. Scratched for 7 of the 17 games. Based on that play rate, he'd only be dressed for 33 of 56 games this year, assuming he's healthy.

• Cheers 1

I dunno how much this plays into it but Eriksson has been paid his signing bonus for the year.  He is now due only 1M for the rest of the season.  Less the what ever it is say 20% escrow leaves say 800 k,  less tax - means he's looking at making something like 400k to play this season - take home pay.

I have a feeling that his attitude might reflect the fact that he doesn't feel very motivated by that kind of dough. 

As AJ says... 

Why bother about a player that won't throw away his rights(no one on this forum would do it either) and won't play much.

He played only because of injuries last season, Leivo par example. 

He didn't have a place on the playing roster last season. 

He will probably be in taxi squad due to Green like to have our younger players playing and he is experienced enough to know what to to if is a lot of injuries.

He might get pushed down if Green will rotate the squad. If so will the best beside the goalie, be taxi players. 

On 1/6/2021 at 3:25 AM, Timråfan said:

As AJ says... 

Why bother about a player that won't throw away his rights(no one on this forum would do it either) and won't play much.

He played only because of injuries last season, Leivo par example. 

He didn't have a place on the playing roster last season. 

He will probably be in taxi squad due to Green like to have our younger players playing and he is experienced enough to know what to to if is a lot of injuries.

He might get pushed down if Green will rotate the squad. If so will the best beside the goalie, be taxi players. 

Just listened to Brian Burke talking positive about LE. Said he is a good player and that Benning isn't going to sleep at night worrying about the player, maybe his pay. but that is on the GM, not the player and never is (this from a GM, not looking for a job)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Just listened to Brian Burke talking positive about LE. Said he is a good player and that Benning isn't going to sleep at night worrying about the player, maybe his pay. but that is on the GM, not the player and never is (this from a GM, not looking for a job)

If only more fans understood this.