The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

Not saying LE should be in the lineup - that's debatable although it makes sense considering the number of giveaways this season and the fact that's why we are losing - but getting really tired of the narrative that he's a floater etc. He's old and quite slow and he doesn't have the offense anymore (and those are all bads considering the contract and cap hit) but to say he's floating and not giving it his all after watching the playoffs is just ignorant IMO.

My best outcome would be that he's in the lineup for a few games, solidifying the defensive effort in the top 6, team wins a few games, LE is scratched again, team continue winning, LE retires after the season and everyone's somewhat happy.

• Hydration 1

LE is scratched again, team continue winning, LE retires after the season

Explain how that works, LE leaves a cool $4 mill behind ? I doubt many would walk away from that money

9 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He looked really really really good tonight. He looked very hungry.

May have been one of the better forwards tonight. He looked confident with the puck

That whole line looked excellent. The hardcore Louie and Jake haters must be just steaming right now.

• Hydration 2
On 2/6/2021 at 1:25 PM, Timråfan said:

Hi again, when are you going to say where the pub in Timrå is? 

Did ages ago.   When are you going to join me there for you to pay for my drinks?

• Haha 1
On 2/14/2021 at 2:11 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He looked really really really good tonight. He looked very hungry.

May have been one of the better forwards tonight. He looked confident with the puck

The thing is that LE is never "bad", he's just not worth $6 million.  

If he was getting paid $3 million or less, the complaints would be minimal.... be what Sutter or Beagle receives in terms of criticism.  

I never had an issue with LE being in the lineup, since he's already getting paid and not going anywhere, his presence never hurt the team.  Considering there aren't really better alternatives on the Canucks, I don't mind him being a regular as a defensive stalwart.  I always believe he should be with Pettersson... since they mesh together pretty good and that it feels up someone like Boeser to play with Horvat to bolster the 2nd line.  

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Did ages ago.   When are you going to join me there for you to pay for my drinks?

I must've missed that info.

Can you please repeat?

I think with your experience I can't afford buying you drinks. B)

It' s better you take that bill for us so we can be really drunk. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, Timråfan said:

I must've missed that info.

Can you please repeat?

I think with your experience I can't afford buying you drinks. B)

It' s better you take that bill for us so we can be really drunk. 

Nope, you can buy and we can start the night at Mekongköket but Tik's has better food (pre COVID anyway....not sure if they can still do buffet now)

On 3/16/2021 at 7:24 PM, Me_ said:

Could you imagine?

Erik Karlsson’s contract:

71C9BC7E-BE70-4F6A-8358-EA2D5D087860.jpeg

Not even sure that is their worst deal.  Vlasic is 7 for 5 more years, Burns 8 for 4.  26.5 tied up for 4 years for: 87 games between them so far 8 goals 29 points, -18.  Yeesh.  At least we hop back into their division next year!!

• Vintage 2
3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Nope, you can buy and we can start the night at Mekongköket but Tik's has better food (pre COVID anyway....not sure if they can still do buffet now)

The buffet is still going. But Saga is probably better than Mekongk...

On 2/23/2021 at 11:03 PM, GritGrinder said:

I just noticed that Loui played his 250th game with the Canucks recently which is 26% of his career. More than a 1/4 of his career and it feels like he's barely played here.

It feels like Loui has been here for eternity to me. And we have one of more year of this eternal damnation...sorry to be ringing the "woe is me" bell.

7 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

It feels like Loui has been here for eternity to me. And we have one of more year of this eternal damnation...sorry to be ringing the "woe is me" bell.

Likely he's either bought out or sent to Utica to rot if he doesn't do the right thing and retire.  Zero chance that worthless piece of trash disgraces this franchise again after this season.  Fans booing the $6 million floater every time he touches the puck is not something Aquilini will want happening.

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Likely he's either bought out or sent to Utica to rot if he doesn't do the right thing and retire.  Zero chance that worthless piece of trash disgraces this franchise again after this season.  Fans booing the $6 million floater every time he touches the puck is not something Aquilini will want happening.

Little harsh dont you think. 

• Hydration 1
  • Sedinery 1
On 3/18/2021 at 12:32 PM, BCNate said:

Not even sure that is their worst deal.  Vlasic is 7 for 5 more years, Burns 8 for 4.  26.5 tied up for 4 years for: 87 games between them so far 8 goals 29 points, -18.  Yeesh.  At least we hop back into their division next year!!

That's assuming that the border is open again. Don't count on that!

• 3 weeks later...