The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

On 3/18/2021 at 9:17 PM, King Heffy said:

Likely he's either bought out or sent to Utica to rot if he doesn't do the right thing and retire.  Zero chance that worthless piece of trash disgraces this franchise again after this season.  Fans booing the $6 million floater every time he touches the puck is not something Aquilini will want happening.

Maybe he retires and then the team hires him for some lame position.  That way, he doesn't lose $ and no longer has to face the horrid media and fans on a regular basis.

7 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Maybe he retires and then the team hires him for some lame position.  That way, he doesn't lose $ and no longer has to face the horrid media and fans on a regular basis.

7 hours ago, higgyfan said:

So the guy selling 50/50 tickets next season could be making $6 million.

What are the actual costs for buying out LE?

Will it be financially feasible, especially for AQ.

Cap saving would be 6M?

Would there be a penalty for next season and the following season?

Would a team take LE off our hands if paired with, say, Jake of some such value?

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

What are the actual costs for buying out LE?

Will it be financially feasible, especially for AQ.

Cap saving would be 6M?

Would there be a penalty for next season and the following season?

Would a team take LE off our hands if paired with, say, Jake of some such value?

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/loui-eriksson

$4m cap hit first season, $1m hit the year after. Aqua pays him $3m out of the $4m owed. It really comes down to how bad we need the $2m next year. Maybe we don't buy him out and he either retires, we find a team to take him at 50%, or we make a deal with Seattle (Asset for ED considerations) to take him.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

Go Fund me for his 3Mil next year to retire 

I'd throw $20 buck towards that. He'd probably want the full 4 million tho. So all you need to do is find 199,999 other people like me and we're good.

2 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

$4m cap hit first season, $1m hit the year after. Aqua pays him $3m out of the $4m owed. It really comes down to how bad we need the $2m next year. Maybe we don't buy him out and he either retires, we find a team to take him at 50%, or we make a deal with Seattle (Asset for ED considerations) to take him.

I don't think a deal with Seattle to move cap is likely, whatever we move to them is something we need too. 

A lot does hinge on who they take, if they grab a cheap prospect like Lind then for sure Loui has to be bought out. If they take Jake maybe not. 

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't think a deal with Seattle to move cap is likely, whatever we move to them is something we need too. 

A lot does hinge on who they take, if they grab a cheap prospect like Lind then for sure Loui has to be bought out. If they take Jake maybe not. 

I don't think so either, and it would be for an asset we probably wouldn't want to part with. But until the ed happens, it remains a possibility.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

LITR with covid any possibility? Or did he get it?

48 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I don't think so either, and it would be for an asset we probably wouldn't want to part with. But until the ed happens, it remains a possibility.

lets say we protect Lind and expose Jake. That does us some good cap-wise. Or we keep Jake and lose Lind. Yes it stinks, but its also not a huge hit compared to losing a top 4 d, e.g. 

We're going to lose someone, I don't see the need to pay Seattle more to do it. Unless of course they want to do something like take Holtby + a b prospect and a 3rd, something along those lines. Otherwise, meh, let them take who they take. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

And we waive him down to Utica we save short of 1M for next year?

But keep the 6M cap hit next year but zero cap hit the following season. 

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

And we waive him down to Utica we save short of 1M for next year?

But keep the 6M cap hit next year but zero cap hit the following season. 

yeah. its not great, but at least we're down to the last year of this guy one way or another. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

lets say we protect Lind and expose Jake. That does us some good cap-wise. Or we keep Jake and lose Lind. Yes it stinks, but its also not a huge hit compared to losing a top 4 d, e.g. 

We're going to lose someone, I don't see the need to pay Seattle more to do it. Unless of course they want to do something like take Holtby + a b prospect and a 3rd, something along those lines. Otherwise, meh, let them take who they take. 

I'd be happy if Lind was the last protected player (possible 3rd C) then we paid Seattle a low pick not to take Gadjovich.  Then they can have their choice of MacEwen/ Virtanen/ Bowey/ Holtby/ others.

Re: other posters, it would be a huge cost to have them take Loui, no question about it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Phil_314 said:

I'd be happy if Lind was the last protected player (possible 3rd C) then we paid Seattle a low pick not to take Gadjovich.  Then they can have their choice of MacEwen/ Virtanen/ Bowey/ Holtby/ others.

Re: other posters, it would be a huge cost to have them take Loui, no question about it.

yeah Loui would cost our 1st. Makes no sense to do that now. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd throw $20 buck towards that. He'd probably want the full 4 million tho. So all you need to do is find 199,999 other people like me and we're good.

Aquaman gets to pay his 1M signing bonus cut

43 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

This should be the plan IMO. Hell if it were up to me, I'd potentially even expose Pearson and protect Gadjovich (and I've been one of the guys 'defending' the Pearson signing as 'ok'). Or at least 'threaten' SEA with it while negotiating for what they're taking.

As for Eriksson, I can't see how we wouldn't buy him out. It saves Aqua $1m of actual cash on a sunk cost and it spreads that cost over 2 years while also saving us $2m of needed cap space. The year following is nowhere near as tight for cap and the $1m hit is largely inconsequential.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

This should be the plan IMO. Hell if it were up to me, I'd potentially even expose Pearson and protect Gadjovich (and I've been one of the guys 'defending' the Pearson signing as 'ok'). Or at least 'threaten' SEA with it while negotiating for what they're taking.

As for Eriksson, I can't see how we wouldn't buy him out. It saves Aqua $1m of actual cash on a sunk cost and it spreads that cost over 2 years while also saving us $2m of needed cap space. The year following is nowhere near as tight for cap and the $1m hit is largely inconsequential.

That's a good idea. No way they take Pearson at that price tag.