The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

45 minutes ago, aGENT said:

This should be the plan IMO. Hell if it were up to me, I'd potentially even expose Pearson and protect Gadjovich (and I've been one of the guys 'defending' the Pearson signing as 'ok'). Or at least 'threaten' SEA with it while negotiating for what they're taking.

From a human element re: player/ agent and team trust and team morale, it would not look good if they expose Tanner after a handshake agreement.  JB's already been rumored to be taking criticism for how he managed the Toffoli and Stecher situations (basically ignoring them and trying to get OEL to the point where they walked, the rest is history) and to have him expose a loyal player who took a team discount with exposure to an expansion team would not sit well, to say the least.

55 minutes ago, aGENT said:

This should be the plan IMO. Hell if it were up to me, I'd potentially even expose Pearson and protect Gadjovich (and I've been one of the guys 'defending' the Pearson signing as 'ok'). Or at least 'threaten' SEA with it while negotiating for what they're taking.

As for Eriksson, I can't see how we wouldn't buy him out. It saves Aqua $1m of actual cash on a sunk cost and it spreads that cost over 2 years while also saving us $2m of needed cap space. The year following is nowhere near as tight for cap and the $1m hit is largely inconsequential.

This is the best option, followed by giving Seattle a sweetener to take Virtanen.

4 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

From a human element re: player/ agent and team trust and team morale, it would not look good if they expose Tanner after a handshake agreement.  JB's already been rumored to be taking criticism for how he managed the Toffoli and Stecher situations (basically ignoring them and trying to get OEL to the point where they walked, the rest is history) and to have him expose a loyal player who took a team discount with exposure to an expansion team would not sit well, to say the least.

First of all, I think far too much is made of that. In a normal, not flat/Covid year, players/their agents would have felt FAR less pressure to get a deal done ASAP and would have simply waited while the GM sorted out his options. Second, it was more about waiting for AP to sign in VGK, and make Schmidt available, than the OEL negotiations that held up Tanev/Toffoli (I'm not sure we were ever re-signing Stecher, as much as I love the guy to be honest).

Third, Pearson did not sign at a discount. He got fair market value.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That's a good idea. No way they take Pearson at that price tag.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Ugh... :picard: There's a very good chance they take Pearson 'at that price tag'.

But isn’t Pearson protected next season?

1st year. NTC 

2nd year M/ NTC ( 7 team no trade list)

3rd year  Open

It’s actually a pretty good deal for us in this regard.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Vintage 1
38 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

But isn’t Pearson protected next season?

1st year. NTC 

2nd year M/ NTC ( 7 team no trade list)

3rd year  Open

It’s actually a pretty good deal for us in this regard.

NMC's are the only contracts that require ED protection. So, no.

• Hydration 2
4 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

The Canucks have more NTC than any other team

The Canucks have more NMCs and NTCs than any other NHL team - Vancouver Is Awesome

Remember the complaints about Gillis giving away too many NTC ..... and yet it seems ...  LOL

Hey, how many of Gillis's NTC were full NT deals, and how many of J.B.s' are full NTC deals.?

Oh and how many of ntc will there be on the Canucks next season.?

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1