The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

The fact that LE wasn't bought out, as soon as the window opened, tells me that JB may be working on a deal to have Seattle select him in the draft.

If that can be arranged, and we had to buy out Holtby and Virtanen, the total cap hit next year for buying out both of those guys would be $550,000.

Managing to find a way to get all 3 of those things done, would free up about 12.3 million in additional cap space.

9 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

The fact that LE wasn't bought out, as soon as the window opened, tells me that JB may be working on a deal to have Seattle select him in the draft.

If that can be arranged, and we had to buy out Holtby and Virtanen, the total cap hit next year for buying out both of those guys would be $550,000.

Managing to find a way to get all 3 of those things done, would free up about 12.3 million in additional cap space.

I don't see much advantage to any team to buy out a player until after the expansion draft.

2 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Does anyone know if we have to protect LE? If yes, then I better hope Benning forces LE to waive his NTC/NMC cause hes been an absolute cancer in this team.

I wouldn't say he's a cancer as much as he is an empty jersey with no drive to be competitive.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wouldn't say he's a cancer as much as he is an empty jersey with no drive to be competitive.

So benign then. The guy should do the right thing and terminate but he wont.

10 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Does anyone know if we have to protect LE? If yes, then I better hope Benning forces LE to waive his NTC/NMC cause hes been an absolute cancer in this team.

No.  Canucks have no one they are forced to protect.

• Vintage 2

• 2 weeks later...

Why do I have this gnawing fear in the pit of my stomach that many of those "releases" will haunt us this winter ..... Rafferty in Anaheim;  Baertschi in Vegas; Loui, Beagle and the Rooster when we play Arizona.  Heck, even Stecher when next we meet Detroit.

Edited by Googlie

4 hours ago, Googlie said:

Why do I have this gnawing fear in the pit of my stomach that many of those "releases" will haunt us this winter ..... Rafferty in Anaheim;  Baertschi in Vegas; Loui, Beagle and the Rooster when we play Arizona.  Heck, even Stecher when next we meet Detroit.

Last year’s offseason couldn’t have gone much worse, for last year, anyways. Most of the guys who left had great seasons (Toffoli, Tanev, Stecher), while guys who were brought in or extended had tough years (Virtanen, Schmidt, Holtby). It was laughable at times.

But it’s not going to happen every year. That was almost certainly Toffoli’s career season. Tanev likely won’t escape injury trouble again. The guys brought in this year are better quality too. Garland and Dickinson on paper are exactly what this team needs.

The one guy who just left that might haunt us next year is Nate Schmidt. Over his career he has been a very good defenseman, who just had a really bad season (like a bunch of guys). I bet he turns it around in Winnipeg, and looks like a steal for the Jets. But even then, it sounds like him staying in Van wasn’t going to work, and we got back the same pick we gave up for him (in a better draft year), so even if he shines it’s not really much of a loss.

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...

What a clown, you would figure from this interview that he was killing it on the ice just

not scoring. You would think that every shift would have been memorable and he would

try to have has much impact as possible. Out with full grit and tenacity every single

shift with that work boots work hat mentality... Is that how ANYONE remembers this guy?

He literally scored on us in one of his first games with us did he not?

AND we find out now he essentially SAT on his bad contract and refused to retire because

he wanted to try and be there and be positive every game. Uhhh Louie if Van was so $&!#ty

WHY would you want to stay at all? Because your greedy AF orrrrrr? 

Look at this: