The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

5 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Eriksson-Horvat-Boeser would and SHOULD be a very, very good line.

Eriksson is another shooter, not a play maker. Line needs a play maker. Only guy he's 'replacing' on that line is Boeser and as I wrote earlier...that's just dumb.

Eriksson DID produce when on Horvat's line and Boeser was out FWIW.

Edited by aGENT

On 16/02/2018 at 1:27 PM, aGENT said:

Eriksson is another shooter, not a play maker. Line needs a play maker. Only guy he's 'replacing' on that line is Boeser and as I wrote earlier...that's just dumb.

Eriksson DID produce when on Horvat's line and Boeser was out FWIW.

Not everyone can play with horvat. 

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Not everyone can play with horvat.

That's Gaudette. He plays a similar game to Horvat. Call it 'Horvat-light' if you like. Imo he'd pair well with Eriksson who would give a nice veteran, 2 way presence on that line. 

• Cheers 1

LE’s injury is a weird blessing in disguise... no way Green sits him if he’s healthy (and nor should he) but this lets us showcase a few kids for the stretch run.

Looking forward to Loui on Gaudette’s wing next year.   

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That's Gaudette. He plays a similar game to Horvat. Call it 'Horvat-light' if you like. Imo he'd pair well with Eriksson who would give a nice veteran, 2 way presence on that line. 

Yeah it could be a nice fit for a guy in LE who hasn’t had a good fit since he arrived.  

Especially if Gaudette likes to shoot - Loui does his best work in close.  

Loui-Gaudette-Virtanen  ?

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If you say so. To me LE has only produced on one line. Like you said thag was with horvat. Possibly because horvat inflates his linemates numbers. 

So lile I said. Not ever one can play with horvat.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

If you say so. To me LE has only produced on one line. Like you said thag was with horvat. Possibly because horvat inflates his linemates numbers. 

So lile I said. Not ever one can play with horvat.

Horvat's a good player. A play driver. He certainly helps other players play better.

Eriksson is not a play driver, never has been. He's a complimentary player and his best seasons have come with playing wing to a solid, play driving, two way C. I'd tend to agree he hasn't earned the right to play with Horvat but IMO, might be a good fit with a not dissimilar (if greener) player in Gaudette next year (and help shelter/ease AG in with his veteran presence and 2 way play).

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

Yeah it could be a nice fit for a guy in LE who hasn’t had a good fit since he arrived.  

Especially if Gaudette likes to shoot - Loui does his best work in close.  

Loui-Gaudette-Virtanen  ?

Could try a good number of W'ers on that line, Virtanen would add some size/physicality and even more shooting, Goldobin or maybe Pettersson (or Gagner) would make it a nice sheltered and more skilled line and add some play making. Have to see what shakes out over the summer though as I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of change before next fall. 

But yeah, I like LE and AG as a potential pair.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Horvat's a good player. A play driver. He certainly helps other players play better.

Eriksson is not a play driver, never has been. He's a complimentary player and his best seasons have come with playing wing to a solid, play driving, two way C. I'd tend to agree he hasn't earned the right to play with Horvat but IMO, might be a good fit with a not dissimilar (if greener) player in Gaudette next year (and help shelter/ease AG in with his veteran presence and 2 way play).

thats it exactly. Green really wanted Baer and Bo to be one of his go to "pairings" but I think the writing is on the wall there. Oh well at least I got Loui-Bo-Vanek for one game :lol:

Of course the production is disappointing, but honest to god what else would you expect being with Sutter? I love Sutters ability to shut players down but he isn't anything like Bo or the other C's Loui's had success with. 0.4ppg with Sutter as your partner is actually kind of OK. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm curious, how much do people think Eriksson is worth based on his current play? I'd say his supplementary offense and strong defense puts him at about $3.5M - $4M. Last year, I would've put him closer to $2M probably.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

Unless Eriksson is needed for babysitting mentorship duty for the two Swedish young'uns.

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I'm curious, how much do people think Eriksson is worth based on his current play? I'd say his supplementary offense and strong defense puts him at about $3.5M - $4M. Last year, I would've put him closer to $2M probably.

About the same!

It may be worth trading him and retaining some salary if they could possibly find a taker for cap purposes (to meet the minimum threshold) like an Arizona.  They get the cap hit but don't have to pay all of the salary.  I mean its 4 more years of this.

He just appears to be there in body but not spirit, it is strange. I don't see him as a mentor or leader either which would be helpful to the younger players.    

• Upvote 1

On 2018-03-02 at 4:37 PM, Borvat said:

I don't see him as a mentor or leader either which would be helpful to the younger players.    

Funny you say this as I have totally the opposite impression.   I believe a number of the young guys have noted his guidance specifically.   As none of us are in their room, hard to really know but interesting how you have opposite impression on this key element for a veteran guy,

• Like 1