The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Why would Dahlen be gifted a spot over Eriksson?

What I meant was give a young player with offensive skill who I think we can all agree on had a great season last year in Sweden an opportunity to see some NHL actions. Not to mention that we have been lacking secondary scoring all year or the bigger fact of his known past chemistry with Pettersson.

It doesn't matter now, I personally just dont trust the direction of this team with GM JB at the helm. Props to Linden for leaving when he did, I am sure he is sitting at home playing with his young kid looking at our team and saying what are they doing...

1 minute ago, Dats hockey said:

Is it bad I still don’t want to give up of Goldy? I swear he hit 45 posts this year

I agree, Goldy needs to be kept, we have such lack of depth of offensively skilled wingers it would be a mistake to give up on him. He seems to be doing a bit better in the 2 way department lately, but his skill is undeniable. Just a matter of can he put it together and be more patient when he has the puck.

Sit LE21 and player other guys, heck even put Schaller into that 4th line role, that was why we signed him. LE was signed to be a legit top 6 60pt guy not a pylon on the 4th

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

just a few off page 1, man was CDC, all Canuck fans and even Ferraro wrong about this absolute FAILURE of a huge mega buyout proof contract given out by GM JB.

if we cant trade him this off season, 1 JB should be let go of GM duties, many POOR contracts have been moved, some worse than Eriksson's. 2. just waive him day 1 of training camp and let him ride the AHL bus like Wade Redden

I was happy with this signing when it occurred. Man was I wrong!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

50 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Me too.  Who knew LE would fall off a cliff with his abilities for no apparent reason.  It is quite shocking, really.

Me as well. The term made me nervous, but I was predicting at least 25 goals from Loui in that first year with the twins.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

16 hours ago, kloubek said:

Me too.  Who knew LE would fall off a cliff with his abilities for no apparent reason.  It is quite shocking, really.

15 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Me as well. The term made me nervous, but I was predicting at least 25 goals from Loui in that first year with the twins.

I tried to warn you guys :P

The team has clearly made a point of showing their displeasure with Loui in the past couple of weeks.  Benning publicly called him a disappointment and said that his role on the team would be re-evaluated in the off-season, coupled with Green's scratch the other night.  Where they go from here, who know?  I suppose they could threaten to bury him in the minors?  Wouldn't be a great look for the organization, coupled with Gagner and Schaller's treatment (not wrong), but really, this guy is a complete anchor on the team right now, both in production and as an example for the young players.  3 years in, it's pretty clear Loui, isn't going to score more than 10-15 goals a season.

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

I tried to warn you guys :P

While the term was longer than almost anyone wanted, there was reason to be optimistic.  He had just had a career year and had demonstrated previous chemistry with the Sedins.

Luckily most of his career has played out at times when we havent been particularly competitive.  (Due in part to his own inability to put up points, mind you)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/16/2019 at 1:01 AM, Provost said:

I wonder what the cap implications would be if he retired after getting his bonus money this year.

Not sure if he is a guy that wants to move back to Sweden at the end of his career, but walking away and getting to go home, vs. only $3 million per year in salary might not be inconceivable.

He will return to Sweden.  He bought a chain of restaurants back in Sweden a few years ago - his wife told Swedish media that it was planning for his post-hockey career.  

On 3/15/2019 at 8:01 PM, Provost said:

I wonder what the cap implications would be if he retired after getting his bonus money this year.

Not sure if he is a guy that wants to move back to Sweden at the end of his career, but walking away and getting to go home, vs. only $3 million per year in salary might not be inconceivable.

Especially if benning sends him to utica.

3 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Especially if benning sends him to utica.

That is basically the threat.  It did sound like they are going to decide what to do with him at the end of the season and that it is coming to a head.  Not only is he not effective, he has zero intensity.

He has three hits in 70 games (it was 2 until the last couple games).  It is literally almost impossible to avoid even accidentally running into an opposing player more often than that.  3 hits from a player on your 4th line who is supposed to be checking and playing a defensive role... yikes.

He chose a buyout proof contract, so the only choice is to waive him, and when no one picks him up... basically tell him that he can retire or get demoted.  If he has anything going for him back home he will probably retire.

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

That is basically the threat.  It did sound like they are going to decide what to do with him at the end of the season and that it is coming to a head.  Not only is he not effective, he has zero intensity.

He has three hits in 70 games (it was 2 until the last couple games).  It is literally almost impossible to avoid even accidentally running into an opposing player more often than that.  3 hits from a player on your 4th line who is supposed to be checking and playing a defensive role... yikes.

He chose a buyout proof contract, so the only choice is to waive him, and when no one picks him up... basically tell him that he can retire or get demoted.  If he has anything going for him back home he will probably retire.

Not necessarily.  There is precedence of some high profile, high paid veterans being demoted and refusing to retire.  Thinking specifically of Redden, Commodore, Souray.  Say what you want, but any way you slice it, 3 million a year is still a huge chunk of cheese to walk away from.