The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

27 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Yeah he cant keep up to the fastest player in the league currently... maybe ever.

The only guy we currently have faster than McDavid is Virtanen.  I bet the Soilers would give up a lot to get Jake.

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah i don't know about Petey, I thought that it was more that he was just seeing tougher competition down the stretch and like all rookies needed time to adjust. He was getting back to form at the end of the year tho.

Marky just had crappy d in front of him.

Petey listened to coach Green and took on a more defensive role hitting players. That took unnecessary energy and at least one time hurt him. 

Markström didn't have a crappy D in front of him. He had often one player against 2-3 players due to Greens strategy. 

LE has been jinxed and a bust since scoring an own goal in his first game as a Nuck.  

He hits alot of posts with his shots, but just cant get seem to get there.  For a few weeks, maybe months you stick it out, but 3 years....

He plays a decent two way game and was completey eclipsed by Baer and now Pearson.  His only hope to change that is if there is an injury and he can score again.  That's not Green, that's LE.  

• Upvote 2

I actually like the idea of a player swap here. Plus we have more leverage in this trade scenario in the sense that all though the players are essentially a wash, the contracts aren’t. Lucic’s contract has one more year than Erickson’s, so monetarily that is a large difference. The pot would have to be sweetened to take on his contract. Hopefully in the form of extra draft picks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I actually like the idea of a player swap here. Plus we have more leverage in this trade scenario in the sense that all though the players are essentially a wash, the contracts aren’t. Lucic’s contract has one more year than Erickson’s, so monetarily that is a large difference. The pot would have to be sweetened to take on his contract. Hopefully in the form of extra draft picks.

I could see a larger deal including Loui and Milan.  What else do the Oilers need?  Clearly, with McDavid and Draisaitl in their primes the Oilers are in win now mode.  Who do we have, that would help them win now?  What do we get back along with Milan?  

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I could see a larger deal including Loui and Milan.  What else do the Oilers need?  Clearly, with McDavid and Draisaitl in their primes the Oilers are in win now mode.  Who do we have, that would help them win now?  What do we get back along with Milan?  

They need solid goal tending but I don’t want to give up on our young goalies yet! 

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I really don't want Lucic anywhere near the Canucks, as I think it will create cap problems later on (and I think he has become quite a dreadful player).   At least Loui's contract becomes more appealing (total salary drops and has a 15 team no trade clause) after the coming season.  I suspect that Edmonton is on his no trade list.

The Oilers are really shallow at 3C, but they also have a big problem with staying under the cap.

I stated this proposal before in jest, but I'm beginning to think it might work.  Van could add a LD prospect (not Juolevi) if needed.

Edm gets 5.75m in cap hit (Russell + Manning's buried contract) + Gaudette

Van gets 8th overall.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Petey listened to coach Green and took on a more defensive role hitting players. That took unnecessary energy and at least one time hurt him. 

Markström didn't have a crappy D in front of him. He had often one player against 2-3 players due to Greens strategy. 

The Canucks had one of the worst D cores in the league. Do you watch the Canucks at all?  :frantic:

Edit: please Jim Benning....get this 6 million dollar plug off the Canucks anyway you can!!!!

Edited by Kanukfanatic

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The Canucks had one of the worst D cores in the league. Do you watch the Canucks at all?  :frantic:

Edit: please Jim Benning....get this 6 million dollar plug off the Canucks anyway you can!!!!

The games I watched we had the canucks player in the corners digging and the oppo often came in speedy attacks 2/3 on 1. Not a great measure on how good the D is. 

What is the stats for pk? It shows a bit how good the defence is. 

On 5/3/2019 at 11:09 AM, Timråfan said:

I say likewise here... Do you know how Green coached Loui? 

Maybe Timra can buyout the rest of your friend Louie's contract and he can play there? You can watch him for a full season!! Etransfer should do it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Maybe Timra can buyout the rest of your friend Louie's contract and he can play there? You can watch him for a full season!! Etransfer should do it.

Nahh, I think you and him deserve each other. 

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I thought you liked him? Timra could use his veteran presence, no?

I talk about a bad coach and that  fans punish a player instead of the coach. 

This is bad for the club and make players like EK either stay away or want a helluva expensive contract. 

But use your brain and be stupid all the way... It's not my problem. 

I demand a lot more of the people responsible, coach and GM. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I talk about a bad coach and that  fans punish a player instead of the coach. 

This is bad for the club and make players like EK either stay away or want a helluva expensive contract. 

But use your brain and be stupid all the way... It's not my problem. 

I demand a lot more of the people responsible, coach and GM. 

So were supposed to sign EK? 

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

So were supposed to sign EK? 

I think we all want to upgrade defence... Who is not so important. EK has been one of the suggestions. 

But he is probably out of question or really expensive just because some fans are really bad for the club. 

17 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

cant we just end his contract like mike richards and la

No. The NHL has guaranteed contracts.  Richards commits a crime which gave LA an excuse to terminate for material breach.  And even then there were a series of legal issues before LA ultimately was penalized for terminating the contract.  

19 hours ago, qwijibo said:

No. The NHL has guaranteed contracts.  Richards commits a crime which gave LA an excuse to terminate for material breach.  And even then there were a series of legal issues before LA ultimately was penalized for terminating the contract.  

Well there is video evidence he has been robbing the Canucks on a nightly basis :) 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2