The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

Yah, where is the Loui of the world cup?    Where did he go?

Pretty impressive that JB's big time summer FA acquisition isn't do so well but the overall team is.  Wait till he finds his game, I guess.  He is playing right now with the weight of that $6m contract.   

Edited by Neversummer

Luis is fine. 2 points in 5 games. He's really helped the Sedin'a move the puck. He's also been a part of some key goals this year, including Edler's last night. Points aren't everything.

He doesn't score like Vrbata. He gets the dirty goals. We need a player like that - gritty. We had no push back last year. Hes needed

Edited by Sedin Brothers

Even Eriksson isn't scoring you still notice him making plays on the ice and he is bound to get going. Comparing him with Vrbata isn't fair because Vrbata was absolutely invisible last year to a point that when he was out of the line up at the end of the year you don't even notice the differences.

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

At least Booth hit, drove to the net, and played mostly crappy minutes. 

Still early, Eriksson will be fine. 

Actually Booth did nothing, but get hurt a lot.  Errikson plays excellent defensive hockey, plus he's great along the walls, and a very good net fron presence - evidenced by the Edler goalie.  He's the type of player, when not scoring, helps the team win in other ways.  Think of Marion Hossa.  That's how Errikson plays.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Loui admitted in an interview the other day that he is more of a passer.  So we picked up a passer to play with two passers?   We need 30+ goals out of him if we want to be close to a playoff spot

Well I'm really hoping Rodin gets better then, that way we can try him with the Sedins and have Eriksson mentor Baer and Horvat on a line. 

Too early for all the declarations.

I hated the signing (more the term than the player) but five games is too small a sample. Last season at this time we had a similar record and raving that certain players were going to be amazing and others would suck based off those five games. Now there is cause for concern. If he's no fit with the Sedins, then why did we pick him up? Something to keep an eye on till Christmas break.

14 minutes ago, Sedin Brothers said:

I've come to the conclusion that Eriksson isn't going to score much with Daniel and Henrik. It's not his fault. The Sedin's just never really get the third linemate involved. I'd put Eriksson on the 2nd line.. we need him to get going.

When all the people have been suggesting to separate the twins in the past, I wasn't so convinced... But now with their game becoming so predictable, I think it's time to separate them. I cringe as I write this but I think that is the only way to bring more offence given the limited resources up front. And I hate to break Granlund-Sutter-Hansen but it will have to be broken to make balanced lines.

I would probably pair Daniel with Sutter rather than Horvat and put Eriksson, Henrik, and Hansen together. And keep Baertschi with Horvat.

I know its very early but after watching Erikkson for 9 games with the canucks I've yet to see what his offensive strengths are. He's not a strong skater, doesn't have a good shot, doesn't go after the puck with any intensity, can't dangle and what we were told was his greatest strength, his ability to stand in front of the net and score on rebounds and deflections, so called dirty goals, hasn't materialized. For a player who has scored between 25 and 30 goals the last 8 years I haven't seen even a glimpse of any of the strengths I mentioned. We got him to score goals, at least show us you are capable of doing so, even if they don't go in for a little while, at least show us something, hopefully soon.

The 3 top wingmans for the Sedins were Burrows, Samuelsson and Carter.  Each of them compliment the Sedins by bringing someone the twins don't do.

Burrows.... create off the rush, crashes the net, do the spadework to retrieve the puck.

Samuelsson.... shoots from anywhere and everywhere, the right-hand shot

Carter.... around the net, willing to shoot, right-hand shot

Eriksson needs to stop emulating what the Sedins do, and just simplify his game.  Henrik and Daniel doesn't need anyone player to cycle the puck in the corner with, they don't need someone to try to set them up.... they need a trigger man and someone to patrol the blue paint. 

8 hours ago, Lancaster said:

The 3 top wingmans for the Sedins were Burrows, Samuelsson and Carter.  Each of them compliment the Sedins by bringing someone the twins don't do.

Burrows.... create off the rush, crashes the net, do the spadework to retrieve the puck.

Samuelsson.... shoots from anywhere and everywhere, the right-hand shot

Carter.... around the net, willing to shoot, right-hand shot

Eriksson needs to stop emulating what the Sedins do, and just simplify his game.  Henrik and Daniel doesn't need anyone player to cycle the puck in the corner with, they don't need someone to try to set them up.... they need a trigger man and someone to patrol the blue paint. 

Time to mix experience with youth and energy. 

Henrik with Eriksson and Sutter 

Daniel with Horvat and Hansen. 

Spread out the Sedinary.  Team Daniel vs Team Henrik. Get some internal competition going.  It's not like these combos can't be changed on the fly.  At any point you can play the twins with Hansen etc and have a line of Eriksson Horvat and Rodin.   

These are our top six guys. When Rodin gets back we can drop Sutter/Bo down to the third line center spot and have: 

Eriksson/Daniel, Henrik and Hansen

Daniel/Eriksson, Horvat/Sutter and Rodin.  

What does this team not do to try and get some offence going. 

EW

Edited by Eastcoast meets Westcoast
  • Upvote 1