The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well... every successful team needs an asshole.... maybe its better to have one that can hit vs. complain about ice time? 

How about we have neither Loui or Lucic?  It sure seems like Loui will pack up and leave town for good once he gets his 3 million dollar bonus.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Alflives said:

How about we have neither Loui or Lucic?  It sure seems like Loui will pack up and leave town for good once he gets his 3 million dollar bonus.  

i hear ya. Just feeling giddy as the draft approaches. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well... every successful team needs an asshole.... maybe its better to have one that can hit vs. complain about ice time? 

A Ferland type of player wouldn’t have anywhere near the latitude in taking deliberate charges/late hits from the refs if he wore a Canuck uniform (my opinion).  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think Lucic would be ripped to come back to Vancouver and end his career with the possibility of a Cup at home.

Heard Louie has moved his family back to Dallas, just sayin.

• Upvote 2

On 6/20/2019 at 7:39 PM, Timråfan said:

"we both know" is a real giveaway regarding Google translate. 

If you don't want to answer, that is on you but you shouldn't need Google translate if I am using the language the right way....and I am.   

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

If you don't want to answer, that is on you but you shouldn't need Google translate if I am using the language the right way....and I am.   

I know you're good at english. B)

But wich question are you talking about? 

Regarding pubs, wich town are you talking about? 

19 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Damn, not Edmonton  ?

Maybe it confirms Edmonton.  Once his wife heard the news she booked it back to Dallas before he could get her to Edmonton.  Wouldn't you?  I know I would.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Maybe it confirms Edmonton.  Once his wife heard the news she booked it back to Dallas before he could get her to Edmonton.  Wouldn't you?  I know I would.

Realistically players dont spend too much time with their families anyway, might as well have them live in a warm climate and away from the canadian media

Wonder if there is any chance that the parties agree to mutually terminate his contract?  Would that allow him to sign somewhere else within the NHL or does it only give him the opportunity to move overseas?  

I can't imagine there is any chance he comes back to the Canucks, if we can't find a suitable trade for him, then what?  

2 minutes ago, skategal said:

Wonder if there is any chance that the parties agree to mutually terminate his contract?  Would that allow him to sign somewhere else within the NHL or does it only give him the opportunity to move overseas?  

I can't imagine there is any chance he comes back to the Canucks, if we can't find a suitable trade for him, then what?  

Overseas only.  Can’t sign with another NHL team until current contract completes.  

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Overseas only.  Can’t sign with another NHL team until current contract completes.  

Marleau was traded to the Canes with the idea they would buy him out and that he could sign with SJ to retire a Shark. How is Erickson any different?  

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Marleau was traded to the Canes with the idea they would buy him out and that he could sign with SJ to retire a Shark. How is Erickson any different?  

A buyout is different from a mutual termination. Patrik Berglund with the Sabres is the most recent example of a mutual termination I can think of.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:53 AM, Timråfan said:

I know you're good at english. B)

But wich question are you talking about? 

Regarding pubs, wich town are you talking about? 

Timrå itself - Sundsvall is the "big smoke" but in Timrå there is a pub only locals really know about so I am sure you do too so in English, name it and name what food it is famous for.

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Timrå itself - Sundsvall is the "big smoke" but in Timrå there is a pub only locals really know about so I am sure you do too so in English, name it and name what food it is famous for.

I've barely visited the "pub" and eaten a buffelunch there once. Can you really call it a pub? 

Interesting that you know about Namo. How come? Google or in real life? 

You're not a local anyway. They have another name for the village "Timrå". 

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

I've barely visited the "pub" and eaten a buffelunch there once. Can you really call it a pub? 

Interesting that you know about Namo. How come? Google or in real life? 

You're not a local anyway. They have another name for the village "Timrå". 

Bet you cannot even find it on Google (though I haven't tried).   Real life and you are not close  yet to the spot.   Keep guessing as that isn't the place.   EVERY one who plays there knows the place.   Name it.

No, I am not a local.  I am Canadian by birth but spent most of my adult life in Europe and now am lots of back and forth.  Know Sweden (and Swedish) very well so you can skip the English if you like.    

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I remembered why Carolina decided to trade a 1st for Marleau.

Rick Dudley and Don Waddell are running the team. Sound familiar? They worked together on the now defunct Atlanta Thrashers.

Holy crap... how do they still have a job? That trade is/was AWFUL.