The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Who reported that Loui was talking trash about Green at the Worlds? Was it TSN? Maybe the media should be careful how they treat Canucks players ;) I have a feeling this was all just miscommunication, the language barrier, things taken out of context. Obviously Loui is frustrated with how things have gone for him in VAN and the media ran with it.  

http://www.hockeysverige.se/2019/05/02/loui-eriksson-om-tuffa-tiden-i-vancouver-jag-och-tranaren-gar-inte-riktigt-hundra/

Edited by SilentSam

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Maybex2

Here is an answer from Loui about what people interpreted as criticism... 

Journalist: Du riktade lite kritik mot tränaren inför VM?

Loui– Det var inget sånt, det var inget stort men det blev stort med de rubrikerna. Men vi är inte oense om något.

In english for foreigners. 
Journalist: You criticized the coach before the World Cup?

Loui: - It was nothing like that, it was nothing big but it got big with those headlines. But we do not disagree about anything.

Here Loui states that he and Coach Green doesn't disagree about anything. Talk about storm in a teacup. 

what is the source for this? 

it would certainly be good if true. 

11 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Naah, I can get you a pin if you like.

If you read what I wrote you should have noticed that I don't talk about how Loui play. Except when he was at the WC. 

I try to understand more and not let testosteron steer my path as it seems a lot of fans here do. Testosteron isn't very good at letting people use their brain. 

Pretty hard to talk about a player who gravely underperforms and gets paid a lot of money for it.

Actually,

testosterone is needed for full cognitive functioning..  perhaps you have high estrogen levels or an imbalance.

Its worth getting checked, there has been links to Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and other neurological diseases that disrupt basic brain functioning and understanding when Testosterone levels are low.

Edited by SilentSam

3 hours ago, Lancaster said:

The Goldobin-Pettersson-Eriksson line did show a lot of promise early last season, I was surprised that Green stopped it after like a month or two.

Of course we now realized that it was pretty much just Pettersson pulling the line, but I hope Green at least put Eriksson with Elias.

There was pretty good chemistry between the two.... they should keep it going to at least boost up Eriksson's stats.  If the Canucks could somehow make LE put up 20 goals and like 50 points riding shotgun.... it would make him much easier to trade.  

Last year we were clearly not really competing so wasting a bunch of games with Loui playing with Petey was fine.

It is clear that JB expects the team to compete this year with Hughes joining the team, hence the acquisitions of Myers, Benn, and JT Miller.

I highly doubt management or the coach will waste any games at all having Loui play with Petey or Bo. They now want the team to win so either JT Miller plays with Petey and Baer plays with Bo or vice versa. 

Edit: having typed the above I then read the NUCKER67 post where he wondered if Green does the following:

J.T. Miller - Pettersson - Eriksson

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

That is kinda intriguing I suppose. But would Green even try that or will he go with the obvious which is JT Miller and Baer in the top 6 with Petey, Boeser, Bo, and Pearson?

Edited by Kanukfanatic

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/loui-eriksson-travis-green-and-dont-get-on-100-per-cent

http://www.hockeysverige.se/2019/05/02/loui-eriksson-om-tuffa-tiden-i-vancouver-jag-och-tranaren-gar-inte-riktigt-hundra/

perhaps Eriksson is now backtracking  from the comments he made in the 2nd link..  but he did make comments questioning Coach Green.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The paper refurbished the old news with complements including a few new questions to Loui. But the article is from 23 maj so it's just lazy fans and lazy north american clickbaiting journalists that stirs the pot.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/tre-kronor/kan-kopas-ut-fran-sitt-dromkontrakt/

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Please, enlight me what you believe Loui said about coach Green. I've asked that question a few times and people have a hard time answering that.

People hate Louie because he doesn't put up points like he used to but I think he has the best hockey IQ on the team.  The way he plays is amazing to watch and when I go to games he looks more like a hockey player than anyone else out there.  He's definitely not worth so much money but he is a valuable asset to have both on and off the ice.  Imo that is but what do I know I've only been watching canucks for about 30 years :p

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, GINCHMASTER said:

I think he has the best hockey IQ on the team.  The way he plays is amazing to watch and when I go to games he looks more like a hockey player than anyone else out there.

If so he's definately worth testing with Petey again. But with a third gritty player in the line or Meyers as the "forth" member of the line. B)

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

If so he's definately worth testing with Petey again. But with a third gritty player in the line or Meyers as the "forth" member of the line. B)

i appreciate hearing the views of someone in sweden

but the problem really is

loui was tried with ep40 and goldobin and yes it did work

but then other teams adjusted when that line exploded with production

and both goldy and loui could not counter adjust well enough

so they were moved off the ep40 line and replaced

the question now is

who should sit so loui can play?

should leivo sit? he is still developing and has upside

should motte sit? he shows more energy and desire

should jake sit? that seems very unlikely

loui really has no upside

and is barely holding an nhl spot

the nucks need to look forward and improve their future

loui is not part of that plan

so it does seem this is the time to make a decision on him

he is still capable but has limited value to the team

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 1

Trading Loui would require the Canucks taking salary back. It might not be worth trading him if that's the case, especially with Luongo's recapture penalty for the next 3 years. No, he doesn't deserve $6 a year, but at least he can still play. No team is going to give the Canucks prospects and picks for Loui.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i appreciate hearing the views of someone in sweden

but the problem really is

loui was tried with ep40 and goldobin and yes it did work

but then other teams adjusted when that line exploded with production

and both goldy and loui could not counter adjust well enough

so they were moved off the ep40 line and replaced

the question now is

who should sit so loui can play?

should leivo sit? he is still developing and has upside

should motte sit? he shows more energy and desire

should jake sit? that seems very unlikely

loui really has no upside

and is barely holding an nhl spot

the nucks need to look forward and improve their future

loui is not part of that plan

so it does seem this is the time to make a decision on him

he is still capable but has limited value to the team

You can't just have a whole team of inexperienced players without some sort of mentor position. Louie is our team father figure and has more experience than anyone on the team. These kids need someone like that and I would take louie over motte any day of the week

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

49 minutes ago, GINCHMASTER said:

People hate Louie because he doesn't put up points like he used to but I think he has the best hockey IQ on the team.  The way he plays is amazing to watch and when I go to games he looks more like a hockey player than anyone else out there.  He's definitely not worth so much money but he is a valuable asset to have both on and off the ice.  Imo that is but what do I know I've only been watching canucks for about 30 years :p

So Loui has a higher hockey IQ than Petey?

:frantic:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Please, enlight me what you believe Loui said about coach Green. I've asked that question a few times and people have a hard time answering that.

“I haven’t had so much ice time,” he said in Swedish of the recently completed season.

“The coach and I don’t really get on 100 per cent,” he acknowledged about his relationship with Travis Green. “It is difficult when I do not get the same trust that I received from all the other coaches I had during my career. Of course it is tough on that front.”

the above is directly translated from the Swedish interveiw. ( I double checked the quotes myself in google translate)

Eriksson implies that he and Green do not get along.

That is the stuff that as a player you question your Coach in his office during the season or in an exit meeting at the end of season.

You don’t air it in public.   This is why Management wishes to talk to him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Benning still needs to clear space. Whether it's Eriksson or Sutter or Tanev - or all of them. Someone needs to go so they can sign Brock and Goldy.

Wrong. As said 100 times already, the team can sign Boeser without anyone having to move. Please read the threads.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

The paper refurbished the old news with complements including a few new questions to Loui. But the article is from 23 maj so it's just lazy fans and lazy north american clickbaiting journalists that stirs the pot.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/tre-kronor/kan-kopas-ut-fran-sitt-dromkontrakt/

yeah its true, most of our media is a toilet