The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jets sign Quinton Howden

5 minutes ago, kacholu said:

Isn't he the guy Florida picked for the Ballard trade? 

I guess no one won that trade

Yeah he was. 

I think he can find a place in Winnipeg, but it won't come easy for him. He plays a heavier game does he not? 116 hits in 58 games, he could be a good bottom 6 guy with some scoring. Like 20 points. 

4 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I don't understand what the Jets are doing. I thought they were making room upfront for promotions for Armia, Connor, Laine, and Ehlers. Instead they're signing a bunch of tweener forwards.

I assume Howden's Manitoba Moose depth with the idea being that if he can beat out the guys you have listed (which is super unlikely) he'll be a leader on the Moose with the chance at a few callups this season.

Not a bad move by the Jets. The Moose were awful last season.

• 3 months later...
On 7/1/2016 at 0:04 PM, kacholu said:

Isn't he the guy Florida picked for the Ballard trade? 

I guess no one won that trade

It wasn't even only what we gave up for him (Grabner, 1st) to make that trade bad, we even clung on to him for 3 years to sit around eating up 4 mil in cap space when it was clear that AV didn't want to play him. 4 mil at that time could've fetched us a good UFA. And who knows? maybe we could've even kept Ehrhoff with that extra space.

7 hours ago, D-Money said:

On waivers yesterday...

Joins Connauton and Kassian as recent guys who sparked so much outrage as "lost assets", only to prove as players then available for free, they were nothing of the sort.

Kassian's on waivers?

6 hours ago, Butters Stoch said:

It wasn't even only what we gave up for him (Grabner, 1st) to make that trade bad, we even clung on to him for 3 years to sit around eating up 4 mil in cap space when it was clear that AV didn't want to play him. 4 mil at that time could've fetched us a good UFA. And who knows? maybe we could've even kept Ehrhoff with that extra space.

Ballard was misused and it was a poor trade, considering FLA wanted to get rid of Ballard's salary. It was a big gamble that cost us big time.

Granted, Howden didn't pan out for FLA either; however, we lost out on Grabner who had decent NHL stats, though he played only a few NHL games.

Canucks gave up on him too early. Some of it was due to AV not willing to play younger players.

Archived