Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jayson Megna


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Incursio said:

Maybe strange isn't the right word, but I figured this was a Utica signing when I saw it. Not sure where he fits in on the Canucks. 

One way doesn't imply he will be in the NHL - it simply means that he will earn the same salary regardless of whether he plays in the AHL or NHL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am interested to see what Utica's lines will be this season. If Travis Green and the Utica Comets win the calder cup next season Green deserves to be our head coach. Thatcher Demko will be ready to be an NHL back up for Markstrome, and we will hopefully develop some NHL ready forwards and defence men. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, oldnews said:

One way doesn't imply he will be in the NHL - it simply means that he will earn the same salary regardless of whether he plays in the AHL or NHL.

Wouldn't it make him waiver eligible as well though? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Incursio said:

Wouldn't it make him waiver eligible as well though? 

Nope. His age when he signed and years pro is all that impacts waiver eligibility I believe. The 1 way/2 way thing and waiver eligibility only applies to EA sports. In real life a one way contract just means he makes the same money in the AHL as he would in the NHL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Incursio said:

Wouldn't it make him waiver eligible as well though? 

Waiver eligibility is determined by age and NHL seasons - one or two way contracts don't effect waiver eligibility, they just determine how much a player will make - a one way deal they make the same at either the AHL or NHL level, two way means they make significantly less (usually 10-15% ish) than they would if they are recalled or make their NHL roster.

 

Waiver eligibility:  https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-faq

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Nope. His age when he signed and years pro is all that impacts waiver eligibility I believe. The 1 way/2 way thing and waiver eligibility only applies to EA sports. In real life a one way contract just means he makes the same money in the AHL as he would in the NHL.

 

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Waiver eligibility is determined by age and NHL seasons - one or two way contracts don't effect waiver eligibility, they just determine how much a player will make - a one way deal they make the same at either the AHL or NHL level, two way means they make significantly less (usually 10-15% ish) than they would if they are recalled or make their NHL roster.

 

Waiver eligibility:  https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-faq

Ah. I didn't know that.

Thanks guys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On July 1, 2016 at 6:43 PM, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Not so much, I think he knows he'll be the Canucks coach by the end of the year. That's why he turned down calgary's offer.

I thought the same. WD has very little  screw up room left. 

I didn't know Calgary offered him anything. He was interviewed by Calgary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, aqua59 said:

I thought the same. WD has very little  screw up room left. 

I didn't know Calgary offered him anything. He was interviewed by Calgary

What has WD screwed up? When will people realise a coach can only go as far as the team in front of it?

 

What do you guys expect here? A miracle? Him to play your favourite players because you're somehow the experts and he's not? Give me a break.

 

Thanks for the laugh at least. but I'm pretty sure WD will still be the coach at the end of the season. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, aqua59 said:

I thought the same. WD has very little  screw up room left. 

I didn't know Calgary offered him anything. He was interviewed by Calgary

Rumour had it that Gulutzen wanted him as an assistant in Calgary but he turned it down. I heard the reasoning was because he doesn't want to implement somebody else's system/coaching philosophy. To me I think he's a real gem and if clipboard Willie doesn't get a contract extension, we've got the perfect development coach to bring up and bring our young guys along as this team transitions to a younger generation of players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2016 at 4:13 PM, Incursio said:

It's a one way deal. That's...Strange

 

 

Benning is flashing the wallet whenever possible in the A and in the deals with the European guys.  

 

We have an awesome organization and awesome unappreciated ownership that never balks at using cash for advantage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2016 at 7:34 PM, Virtanen#18 said:

What is the point of wasting $ on a 1-way???  Like we can't find any decent players on 2-way deals for Utica??? I don't see him more developed than Gaunce or Grenier... 

Ooooohhhh nnooooooooo....... a rich guy wants to spend his money on his team.....wwwaaaaahhhhhh.....he doesn't know how much i deserve a CUP.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, The Lock said:

What has WD screwed up? When will people realise a coach can only go as far as the team in front of it?

 

What do you guys expect here? A miracle? Him to play your favourite players because you're somehow the experts and he's not? Give me a break.

 

Thanks for the laugh at least. but I'm pretty sure WD will still be the coach at the end of the season. ;)

Keep laughing. That's what I did on so many occasions last season wondering what the heck WD was up to? Oh he'll be coach if they improve and are competitive. He's got to grow just like the younger players have to grow.

That I do not have faith in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Benning is flashing the wallet whenever possible in the A and in the deals with the European guys.  

 

We have an awesome organization and awesome unappreciated ownership that never balks at using cash for advantage.

that and I think you owe it to your young players as well to have as competitive team as you can in Utica.  It would be a disservice to new players like Demko et. al to not give them a fighting chance in the A.  One of JB's most over looked successes is how much more successful our AHL team has become- I think it pays dividends when prospects know they'll be coming to a good organization that wins and develops well i.e. DET.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...