CanuckleHeaddddd

Luca Sbisa

3 year contract    Average Annual Salary:   $3,600,000

Dan Hamhuis

New 2 year contract with Dallas   Average Annual Salary:  $3,750,000

Who would you rather have???   

THE TRUTH HURTS!!!

Hammer AINEC.

Benning keeps talking about how they want to remain competitive but then they do this. They had a legit d-man that was pretty much begging to play for them and they give him the cold shoulder. Our front office is full of clowns. I'm still happy with the eriksson signing, but hammer was treated like garbage. I don't buy what this management team is selling.

Someone has to take Sbisa. It's like people are forgetting that or something. People rip on him all the time, yet seem to think he's worth something to other teams. He's also 26 while Hammer is 33. Sbisa fits the "Younger and faster" motto GMJB is trying to push. 

10 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

Hammer AINEC.

Benning keeps talking about how they want to remain competitive but then they do this. They had a legit d-man that was pretty much begging to play for them and they give him the cold shoulder. Our front office is full of clowns. I'm still happy with the eriksson signing, but hammer was treated like garbage. I don't buy what this management team is selling.

Hamhuis just hasn't been very good the last couple seasons. He has no offensive game and his D game isn;t very dynamic. He doesn't play as rough as he used to either.

Sbisa hits. He can play in OT. He gets some points.  And he has a wide open contract. No clauses.

Remember everyone who wanted to resign Beiksa ? He sucked for the Ducks. We moved at the right time. I think we did with Hamhuis too

i want sbisa. just cause benning does know what he is doing. the canucks need toughness in front of the net. and we really don't have enough of it. ty hamuis for all that you have done. but we need tougher d, kinda like what pedan and trymakin bring.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what did Hamhuis actually do last year?  I don't remember him being a force on the blueline. I do remember people complaining about him pre-injury and wanting Benning to ship him out for an asset. Now all of a sudden we have to have him back for next year. 

The guy doesn't hit anymore, he doesn't have any more offensive capabilities and he's injury prone now. At least Sbisa can nail a few guys into the boards and is actually a pretty good skater as well. He's a solid 5 or 6 guy and good depth as well. 

Hamhuis wanted top 4 minutes. He even said that himself. If he can get that in Dallas good for him. If Dallas is signing him to replace Demers then they have downgraded their defence. We'll see how he does in a top 4 role next year. 

I know Sbisa is younger.

Hammer is clearly better for me. If I had to choose. Both their contracts are for 2 years. Hammer in our top 6 makes our defense legit. Every pairing is good.

As many here had Sbisa as our 7th D whether we had Hammer or not; No one put Hammer as the 7th D.

Neither. Either way we have a $3.6 mil cap hit minimum for a third pairing defenseman, when we have tryamkin and Larsen to fit in the lineup. Larsen signed a one way deal, and tryamkin has the option to return to the khl instead of reporting to the ahl. Not to mention Biega is on a  one way deal now. Someone is gonna have to be waived or traded, and that's still gonna leave one or two guys not playing regular minutes. Benning seems to overload on depth players, and a lot are on one way contracts. Doesn't make any sense to me. He says he wants to play our youth, then fills up all of

our empty spots in the lineup with reclamation projects or guys that are overpaid for the role. 

Dan Hamhuis provided we are assuming he would take a discount to resign in Vancouver albeit a longer term. My guess is if he were to sign with Vancouver it probably would be something like 2.5 Million / year for 3 years and what he can probably do for the next 3 years 2.5 M is good value.

Also with the D-Core the team has now they could use Dan Hamhuis as a mentor and leader for guys like Tryamkin, Juolevi, and Hutton. Who is going to be the veteran leader of the Canucks defense now? Certainly not Luca Sbisa.

My ideal scenario would have been to trade Luca Sbisa and resign Hamhuius for a longer term but smaller cap hit. 

• -DLC- unlocked this topic

Archived