The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The last piece - "a winger that has some grit and size to him, that can score." - via trade

Landeskog would be my target. What would we give up?

Tanev, a pick (1-3 rounder), maybe CBJ's 2nd rounder, and a B level prospect (Brisebois), possibly more?

I honestly don't know the value of Landeskog but be prepared to see Tanev go if we're ever trading with Colorado. 

Tanev is our best dman and after the hall trade it just put a higher price tag on right shot top 4 defenseman, does landeskog have higher value than hall? Does larsson value that much higher than tanev? 

To col: tanev, 2nd pick 2017

to van: landeskog 

Landeskog would be our nucleus player for the next generation, the guy we need to build around up front with horvat, virtanen and boeser riding shot gun. He's the complete package, but of course our d has a hole. 

So the canucks would need to look into a russell, polak, or schenn to off set the loss for a year just until we can find a better option. 

24 minutes ago, billabong said:

Tanev is our best dman and after the hall trade it just put a higher price tag on right shot top 4 defenseman, does landeskog have higher value than hall? Does larsson value that much higher than tanev? 

Landeskog would be our nucleus player for the next generation, the guy we need to build around up front with horvat, virtanen and boeser riding shot gun. He's the complete package, but of course our d has a hole. 

So the canucks would need to look into a russell, polak, or schenn to off set the loss for a year just until we can find a better option. 

I'm a big fan of Tanev, but would be thrilled with this trade.  Gudbranson could take the right side on our top pair.  UFA backfill for line 2, then Larsen/Tryamkin on the third pair. 

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

thanks - I'm intrigued.  

So so far, Kane, Landeskog and Hartnell as possibilities.  

Hartnell would have been good except it would not work now because of his NMC that would mean 4 forwards with NMC, and vegas would get a very good player then. not gonna happen.

1 hour ago, Jaku said:

Hard pass on Evander Kane, he's cancer in the dressing room. That will only cause more problems than solve. 

Landeskog would certainly be a player to look into.

Considering you have been in many a locker room with Evander Kane, I will take your word as gospel. 

1 minute ago, zzbottom said:

Sbisa couldn't even fetch you Jimmy Hayes.

See that's exactly what I thought at the end of last season. Until I saw all of the money thrown at non-superstar D-men and a guy like Larsson fetch a potential star forward like Hall, that is. It made me realize that the serviceable D-men's value is actually a lot higher than what I expected. In fact, it made me feel even better about getting Juolevi. With expansion coming soon, there will be teams that will need to get rid of players. Sbisa could have some value there as well.

43 minutes ago, billabong said:

Tanev and Granlund for Landeskog 

Daniel - Henrik - Eriksson

Landeskog - Horvat - Rodin

Beartschi - Sutter - Hansen

Etem - Gaunce - Dorsett

Edler - Gudbranson

Hutton - Larsen

Sbisa - Tryamkin

:emot-parrot:

4 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Tanev and Granlund for Landeskog 

Daniel - Henrik - Eriksson

Landeskog - Horvat - Rodin

Beartschi - Sutter - Hansen

Etem - Gaunce - Dorsett

Edler - Gudbranson

Hutton - Larsen

Sbisa - Tryamkin

:emot-parrot:

The defense... Umm... Your just asking for a bottom five pick. I like it. We would score but we'd get scored against a lot. A good team in the future.

Colorado needs LD more than right D, so unless they move Barrie how does Sbisa, Gaunce, and a top 10-15 protected 1st for Landeskog sound? Kane would come much cheaper right now, but Landy would be a better guy to have in the room. 

Evander Kane would be the best and cheapest option right now.  Unless he is a mass murderer I don't see how he will be able to unsettle a dressing room full of leaders like the Sedins and Gudbranson.  He took on Petrovic and beat him 3 times but I am sure he had no intention of ever dropping them with Guds that game.  Trust me Guds will have a nice little talk with him and all will be real gud...

Maybe some home cooked meals will make him feel better.  Just make sure that the bouncers at the Roxy don't allow him in and we should be okay...

2 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

The defense... Umm... Your just asking for a bottom five pick. I like it. We would score but we'd get scored against a lot. A good team in the future.

The main point is we get another "foundational" peice for the rebuild while being entertaining lol.

oh and the defence you dont know how they'll perform until they actually play. we could get great seasons from them or not haha. Dallas' defence and questionable goaltending got them to the 2nd round. I cant deal with the boring hockey we saw last season. as long as we have solid goaltending and out score our problems its all good to me, if we make the playoffs thats bonus.

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

The main point is we get another "foundational" peice for the rebuild while being entertaining lol.

oh and the defence you dont know how they'll perform until they actually play. we could get great seasons from them or not haha. Dallas' defence and questionable goaltending got them to the 2nd round. I cant deal with the boring hockey we saw last season. as long as we have solid goaltending and out score our problems its all good to me, if we make the playoffs thats bonus.

When landescog is in his prime... Ooh! I just got chills!

Just now, Trebreh said:

He is not your prototypical Swede too, he plays like a Canadian. He fought Shea Weber! Lol

Make it happen GMJB!

Archived