The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rugged scoring winger via trade??

100% think there's a trade coming in the meat month or so for some more forward help. Not Evander Kane, but someone we don't know about. One of those guys Benning didn't "expect" to be available. 4 mil isn't enough to get any really good help on the open market. If there is someone available on the trade front though, I am sure it will be pursued.

This is worthy of its own thread, as it is on everyones mind. |don't worry about the cdc babies that comment on threads they feel shouldn't be here. Kane would be a nice addition, but I feel the price will be too high for management and would cost a 1st round pick.

10 hours ago, Aircool said:

OMG... so perfect... Not only was this thread redundant conceptually... BUT LITERALLY REDUNDANT OMFG LOL.

That's ironic because your input is redundant itself - we already have a compulsive mini-mod named elvis to handle these duties.

Canucks looking for big winger who can score

The Vancouver Canucks added Loui Eriksson in free agency, but they want more.

In dire need of goals, Eriksson's going to help. He scored 30 times last season, and will form what should be a formidable all-Swedish first line with the Sedin twins. But Jim Benning knows the Canucks - the only team to score fewer than 200 goals in the Western Conference - need more offense.

While the Sedins are around, Vancouver is going to chase a playoff spot. That much is clear early in an offseason in which the club has tried to get better for the immediate future.

"If I had a crystal ball, I would say we'd try to add a winger who had some grit and size to him, who can score," Benning told The Province's Jason Botchford.

Those players aren't available on the free-agent market, which means Benning is going to have to get what he wants via trade.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1054863

On 7/3/2016 at 1:00 AM, kenhodgejr said:

This is a thread for what other options are out there?

Chris Kreider maybe?

What can we possible throw their way to land Kreider? How about an Edler + Gaunce and a 3rd rounder? 

• 2 weeks later...

I asked Benning about trading for a gritty second line LW at prospects camp on the microphone in front of everyone and he said no  he's not looking, he's happy with the way the team looks now. Then an article comes out today that their still looking. Hope its for real and hope we can pick someone like Chris Kreider up! 

Burrows, 2017 1st and 3rd?

I would not mind us getting hartnell if it was a bigger deal!

They want to get rid of Hartnell so to me I think he has 3 years left and I would ask for more

Hartnell + Ruopp + Bittner or Milano

for

Sbisa,Dorsett,Gaunce or Grenier and a 4th next year or 3rd at best!!!

we get young players that will make our rebuild faster and get the winger we want.

only problem is then we have to protect Hartnell in the expansion draft!We could keep some or retain some $$ to make the trade happen!!

I've got a scary feeling JB might snag us Kane, but if he does I really hope he consults the leadership and future leadership group along with the coaches as to whether they'd be happy playing with a criminal. Scoring consistently at a 20-30 goal pace, only 24, big and strong, he'd be a fantastic asset and essentially what we've always wanted Kassian/Etem to become. Of course the only issue is his personality, and who knows, if he comes home to Vancouver maybe he changes things up? Still, it's a dangerous move to make.

That being said if JB does pull off a trade, Buffalo are rebuilding and would love prospects or picks in return for Kane. I'd do something like Gaunce + 1st or Gaunce + Sbisa + 2nd rounder for Kane + 3rd or later round pick. Having Kane in our top-6 gives us a pretty lethal first 3 lines that are strong, hard north-south lines that can compete against the big Pacific division.

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived