The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Sbisa for Yakupov

1 hour ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I know Benning made comments that suggest he wants a rugged scoring winger, but how many of them are really out there that we wouldn't have to overpay for? 

What we really need is secondary scoring. I think Nail Yakupov is very talented, and given the right coaching and development could turn into a "real good" player for us. 

His value is at an all time low right now. It was rumoured that Edmonton was shopping him at the Trade Deadline for a 2nd Round Pick, although many analysts have said they believe his actual value is around a 3rd Round Pick. 

Right now we are deep in the Defensive position and could stand to lose Sbisa to make room for Tryamkin/Larsen on the 3rd pairing. 

My Proposal:

To Vancouver

Nail Yakupov 

To Edmonton 

Luca Sbisa 

I think Edmonton would do this to shore up their defensive depth, while at the same time providing Vancouver with the secondary scoring depth we need. 

Our lineup could be something like... 

Daniel-Henrik-Eriksson

Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen

Yakupov-Horvat-Rodin/Virtanen

Burrows-Granlund-Dorsett

Etem

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Tryamkin-Larsen

Pedan

Miller

Markstrom 

Thoughts? 

I think it would take another piece but I personaly would do this everyday of the week. I guess yak is kinda the odd man out.. Like where does he fall into their line up now?? 

Wont be cracking the 2nd now thats for sure.

4 hours ago, mmead said:

You've definitely seen it before I suggested it about a month ago and got crucified for the suggestion. Now people are saying it's an overpayment lol

Don't know why anyone would have crucified you for that.  Gets an extra...  what... 1?  1.5?  Off the books, and we take a chance on what could be a 1st liner in different scenery.  

Do I really think that he will live up to his potential?  Not exactly.  But giving up a slightly overpaid bottom pairing defenseman is no big deal.... especially with larsson signed now to fill the spot.  To me, it is entirely worth the risk.

I would do this. He's got one season to prove himself before he's on the first flight to Las Vegas. If he turns out to be the next dubnyk it would be pretty fun to rub in their faces. Watch him and hall go neck and neck in the scoring race next year lol

I still think Yakupov could be a good top 6 player if given the right opportunity to succeed. I am definitely in favour of buying low on him. Who knows maybe the change in scenery and having the team that drafted him give up on him might be the kickstart he needs. I'd rather see Yakupov in our top 6 then Hartnell.

Archived