The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Doug Jarvis assistant coach

Dr. Hockey

If he's as good a coach as he was a player, we are in good hands.  Great work ethic, knows the game, and simply doesn't know the meaning of quit.  If he can instill that in the players, we have a winner folks.  GCG!

39 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

IRONMAN

Linden, Henrik, and now Doug. We are bringing in all the guys who refuse to leave the ice.

Almost like benning has a plan, building a team of heart and soul character people from the top to the bottom.  I'm one of those looking forward to the teams future.  In benning we trust! 

48 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Makes me feel old though..I used to watch him play for Montreal.

Sorry Shaky...you are old.  So am I.  I have the same recollections as you do. Remember Pierre Mondou who came in to replace Jarvis?  Doesn't seem so long ago, does it?

Doug Jarvis = the Ultimate Shut Down centreman who won what I remember to be 100% of his face off draws.  No doubt he will elevate the Canucks' centremens ability to win face-offs.

8 minutes ago, HK Phooey said:

Sorry Shaky...you are old.  So am I.  I have the same recollections as you do. Remember Pierre Mondou who came in to replace Jarvis?  Doesn't seem so long ago, does it?

Doug Jarvis = the Ultimate Shut Down centreman who won what I remember to be 100% of his face off draws.  No doubt he will elevate the Canucks' centremens ability to win face-offs.

I think Jarvis is an excellent choice. My recollection of Jarvis' face off capabilities mirrors yours and I feel confident that he should help us improve this very poor aspect of our game.

I like that he has a tonne of experience, but does he have it between the ears? I mean 'baseball helmet' Lidster and 'pull that bus' Pearn aren't exactly mental giants. I always thought Gulutzan was the smart one on the bench, can the same be said for Jarvis?

If he's brought in for defensive systems and our PK, then we've probably picked the best guy available. Working with the prospects immediately looks good too. 

1 minute ago, captainhorvat said:

Really? Bennings best move? Is jarvis gonna quarterback the powerplay from the bench?

No, but he's going to teach the kids how to do it better than they are now.

Great signing. 

Selke winner himself, so he can definitely help develop the defensive side of the game for our younger forwards. 

Also has extensive experience running an effective NHL PP unit. 

Keep up the great work JB!

Archived