The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks looking to move Sbisa

I like Sbisa, he's had some $&!#ty partners, none of which are good defensively.  He's the only defender who hits.  Yes with Tryamkin getting stronger and more physical as he learns his mean streak and the addition of Gudbranson makes Sbisa expendable especially with Pedan nipping at the heels.   I don't mind if they move Sbisa as it makes sense, but I also don't mind if he stays.   

He's our easy target in an expansion draft, so either way I think he's gone by next summer

8 minutes ago, Nessnuck27 said:

Would like to see a Sbisa for E. Kane deal. Obviously other pieces added 

Yakupov's trade value is believed to be a 3rd rounder. I'd trade Sbisa to EDM for Yakupov. Other pieces are in it too but at this point, EDM would rather have stay at home, rugged defenseman with top 4-6 potential in Sbisa than someone who just isn't going to work for them. Yakupov is easily expandable with Puljujarvi in their hands. 

Yakupov has expressed staying in the NHL, and I think he could use a change of scenery. He'd fit nicely with Horvat and Baertschi. He really needs to get out of Edmonton to rejuvenate his career. 

8 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

True but avs prob want a dman back and i dont think the oinkers have one to give up

To get Barrie, I'd bet the Oil would be willing to part with any defenseman not named Darnell Nurse.

A package including Klefbom or Reinhart would be definite possibilites.

16 minutes ago, The Sedge said:

Ugh, Botchford's finest

Such a clown.

The city desperately needs a reputable source - in the meantime, that Toronto troll transplant does far too much talking on behalf of a franchise he has no respect for.  It's no wonder no one in this market respects him in turn.

Anything out of Botchford has proven to be worthless noise time and again.   Canucks management have no regard for the guy, so anything he mouths has already been subject to a circle game and a few degrees separated at best.

7 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

True but avs prob want a dman back and i dont think the oinkers have one to give up

None of them have a R shot in the Tanev quality that could be involved in a trade with Colorado. 

We have many more D men available to involve in a trade with Colorado than Edm or Tor.

Colorado doesn't need forwards in my opinion, if they lose Barrie, then need D...they need D even with Barrie.

Sbisa-Larsen-Guance-CBJ 2ndwould be ideal and our D would be stacked

Edler-Barrie

Hutton-Gudy

Tryamkin-Tanev (Tanev would be such a good partner for Tryamkin) 

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

To get Barrie, I'd bet the Oil would be willing to part with any defenseman not named Darnell Nurse.

A package including Klefbom or Reinhart would be definite possibilites.

Reinhart has like little to no value and the Oil sees Klefbom as their #1 defenceman, trading him doesn't improve their defence.

People love to hate on Sbisa and he did have a pretty rough first year with us but last year he was very solid, our best dman at times. I think Benning has seen how much dman are fetching right now and seeing what he can get for Sbisa.

Don't see us being in the Barrie sweepstakes if we're going to offer him.

We don't need more right-side D (Tanev, Guddy, Larsen, Biega) and they don't need more left D (Beauchemin, Zadorov, now with Tyutin and Wiercioch signed for cheap).  Instead, wouldn't be surprised if there was weight behind the Jackets and the team making a trade, namely Luca for Hartnell.

Both guys have term (Scott 3 years, Luca 2), and they each fit positional needs (Scott as a rugged, scoring winger that J.B. wants, Luca as an affordable depth left-side D behind Murray and Jack Johnson) while the destination team likely needs the very type of player that the selling team wants to trade.  If this pans out hope it's not straight across but that J.B. gets an extra asset for the declining power winger.  

Archived