The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Buf Van Col

3 hours ago, underrated said:

I like the additions of both Barrie and Landeskog, although I think it would take a massive package to get them.

Maybe this is outrageous but long-term I think it adds two core pieces to build around:

Edler, Tanev and Hansen

for

Landeskog, Barrie and Gelinas

Admittedly our defense takes a hit this season, but Landeskog is the young power forward who can be a franchise player up front, and Barrie is the young puck moving defenseman we build around.

Daniel - Henrik - Ericsson

Landeskog - Sutter - Baertschi/Virtanen

Dorsett/Etem - Horvat - Burrows

Etem/Dorsett - Grandlund - Boeser

Hutton - Barrie

Sbisa - Gudbransson

Tryamkin - Gelinas

Larsen

Would it be possible to trade Sbisa + pick instead of Edler? Our defense wouldn't take as much of a hit.

We would protect Barrie, Guddy and Gelinas.

Edler-Barrie

Hutton-Guddy

Tryamkin-Gelinas 

Beauchemin-Tanev

Sbisa-Zadorov 

xxx-tyutin

They protect Tanev, beauchemin, and zadorov

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

Canucks fans overvalue Hansen wayyy too much... 

Canucks fans overvalue most Canucks players way too much for the most part.  Then on the flip side, undervalue other team's players when it comes to trade proposals.

It's like that with almost all fanbases, but CDC usually brings it to a whole new level. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Would it be possible to trade Sbisa + pick instead of Edler? Our defense wouldn't take as much of a hit.

We would protect Barrie, Guddy and Gelinas.

Edler-Barrie

Hutton-Guddy

Tryamkin-Gelinas 

Beauchemin-Tanev

Sbisa-Zadorov 

xxx-tyutin

They protect Tanev, beauchemin, and zadorov

Possible? Yes.  
Much harder to pull off? Absolutely.

I just don't see why they would go for that deal.  If someone offered us a Sbisa equivalent and a pick (unless it's a first rounder) we wouldn't take it.  I don't think the would either.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Canucks fans overvalue most Canucks players way too much for the most part.  Then on the flip side, undervalue other team's players when it comes to trade proposals.

It's like that with almost all fanbases, but CDC usually brings it to a whole new level. :rolleyes:

I tend to find it also brings about sweeping generalizations of Canucks fans ;P

That said I do agree in that we are not getting a Landeskog or Kane or whatever for a Sbisa or a Hansen, or a late round pick or some combo of that. Just because Edmonton got the shaft due to trying to quickly fulfill a desperate need, doesn't mean that a new market rate has been set.

4 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I tend to find it also brings about sweeping generalizations of Canucks fans ;P

That said I do agree in that we are not getting a Landeskog or Kane or whatever for a Sbisa or a Hansen, or a late round pick or some combo of that. Just because Edmonton got the shaft due to trying to quickly fulfill a desperate need, doesn't mean that a new market rate has been set.

Actually, I'm far from being the first member of CDC to say it.  :lol:

10 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Actually, I'm far from being the first member of CDC to say it.  :lol:

Oh by no means do I think you are/were :)  And really, aside from the people that say all of us are rioters and/or the worst fans in the NHL, it doesn't bother me too much.

2 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Oh by no means do I think you are/were :)  And really, aside from the people that say all of us are rioters and/or the worst fans in the NHL, it doesn't bother me too much.

To this day I still say that barely qualifies as a riot.  Mostly a few small groups of roving idiots who thought that it would be fun to trash a few things in front of a bunch of bystanders.  The media really played that up.

Archived