The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson on Soundcloud

Shirotashi

13 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

It's too bad we only managed to get the Sedins a proper linemate when they're a couple of years off retiring. They deserved the Benning treatment a LONG time ago, Gillis never delivered. If they had a 30 goal UFA slotted next to them during their Art Ross years we would have seen some deadly numbers being put up. Now we can just hope Daniel, Henrik and Eriksson can combine for around 60-70 goals as a line.

I think that Burrows guy did pretty well with them don't you think?

6 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

I'll be recovering in Edmonton from piercing my ears with Five Finger Death Punch from the previous night. 

FFDP, cool. I saw them at the 2013 Mayhem Festival in Auburn, WA and last year in Seattle. Great live band.

20 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I searched Louie Eriksson on YouTube and half of the clips are of him getting drilled... Should we be concerned? On a line with the Sedins, there is no deterrent to the opposing line abusing  these guys... Is that when our D will jump in? 

Gudbranson says hi.

6 hours ago, 250Integra said:

I think that Burrows guy did pretty well with them don't you think?

What about 1 hit wonder Anson Carter who proceeded to wiener off for more money and flopped in Columbus?

He was crap before the Twins, and was crap after, but he still put 30 in with them. Burr in his prime years was a better fit, and way better player overall though, as evidenced by his point totals, pk skill, and overall heart.

I do think though, that previous GM's used the "they make players better" excuse as a means to spend money in other areas of the lineup. We all knew it was happening, but what can you do? I'm honestly stoked that Loui will be here for the Twins golden years, and I anticipate that their game's will still be quite complimentary throughout.

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Gudbranson says hi.

I don't really understand comments like this, it's not like Gudbranson will intercept the hit. He or others may very well stand up for Loui, but it doesn't mean he will ceased to be hit while on the ice, it just means there will be a possible retaliation. We're talking about paid professionals here, they won't be afraid to hit a guy just because Gudbranson might drop the mitts. Think about it, Eriksson gets hit, and Gudbranson is sent off for 5 and maybe an instigator? Who exactly would that deter besides the weakest of men? That's an opposition win despite any broken nose.

My true hope is that Loui can learn to avoid being hit in the first place.

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

I don't really understand comments like this, it's not like Gudbranson will intercept the hit. He or others may very well stand up for Loui, but it doesn't mean he will ceased to be hit while on the ice, it just means there will be a possible retaliation. We're talking about paid professionals here, they won't be afraid to hit a guy just because Gudbranson might drop the mitts. Think about it, Eriksson gets hit, and Gudbranson is sent off for 5 and maybe an instigator? Who exactly would that deter besides the weakest of men? That's an opposition win despite any broken nose.

My true hope is that Loui can learn to avoid being hit in the first place.

Of course they would.  If you've ever played hockey (and I'm not saying you haven't) and the other team has a really nasty player on the ice you always second guess going into the corners and what you do.  If Gudbranson, Tryamkin (don't know if he fights) is on the ice with that line opposing players are going to hesitate to go hard on them because they know Guds will be there to make them pay.

3 minutes ago, dura_mater said:

Of course they would.  If you've ever played hockey (and I'm not saying you haven't) and the other team has a really nasty player on the ice you always second guess going into the corners and what you do.  If Gudbranson, Tryamkin (don't know if he fights) is on the ice with that line opposing players are going to hesitate to go hard on them because they know Guds will be there to make them pay.

I have, and that isn't the point, neither is any fear of going into the corners. It's all about the fear (or lack thereof) of making the original hit regardless of the aftermath. 

Scrums occur after most big open ice hits, yet both still occur. What does that tell you? 

Look, I'm not trying to come off as some bruising tough guy, I was middle of the pack at best in that regard, but never dissuaded by goons. NHL players make more money, and play at a much higher level, than I did, and my point is that if they worry about laying a clean hit at an opportune time then they are trifling babies. 

Take the hit to make the play doesn't just apply to offense, it's defensive too.  

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I have, and that isn't the point, neither is any fear of going into the corners. It's all about the fear (or lack thereof) of making the original hit regardless of the aftermath. 

Scrums occur after most big open ice hits, yet both still occur. What does that tell you? 

Look, I'm not trying to come off as some bruising tough guy, I was middle of the pack at best in that regard, but never dissuaded by goons. NHL players make more money, and play at a much higher level, than I did, and my point is that if they worry about laying a clean hit at an opportune time then they are trifling babies. 

Take the hit to make the play doesn't just apply to offense, it's defensive too.  

It's more the dirty hits and cheap shots and general abuse that other teams will no longer be able to inflict with impunity.

Just now, WeneedLumme said:

It's more the dirty hits and cheap shots and general abuse that other teams will no longer be able to inflict with impunity.

Well I thought I was commenting on clean hits laid on Loui, not cheap shots. But in response to your comment, I agree. I'm just saying you can't stop a clean player from laying a hard clean hit no matter who you have on the ice. 

10 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

His goal song should def be the theme from the Louis CK show. 

I am soooo excited to have Loui come on board. We have "sedinery" now, what will we call it when Eriksson's in the mix? 

That would be "Horace and Pete" by Paul "Rhymin" Simon. You can't go wrong there!

When we hit some rough patches there is always a Burrows or a Hansen to pull the team along during those stretches, Eriksson is a nice addition to the core as well for the youth.

Benning showing patience as he re-fits the club with the cupboard getting full ( it was left bare with Gillis ) and none of these long term deals or NTC to be sadlled with too.....

Archived