The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twelve Cops Shot In Dallas Five Dead After Protest Over Recent Killings

SabreFan1

13 hours ago, Fateless said:

America is creating an extremely dangerous situation. They allow citizens to carry weapons that should be designated for the military only (sniper rifles, assault rifles, etc). Then the police start abusing their power and killing people that shouldn't be shot.

What do they think is going to happen?

A sniper rifle or your ordinary 308 ( a sniper rifle) makes a great hunting rifle or should I say that a great hunting rifle just so happens to make a great sniper rifle. 

Assault rifles are a different animal. 

23 minutes ago, Electro Rock said:

I find it amusing how the oligarch paramilitaries bully and even kill people for years, day in, day out, but the moment someone fights back they try to act like innocent victims and sainted heroes.

Nope, too bad little piggies, you wanted a fight, drop the gloves and man up!

You're going to get yourself banned from CDC.  This is the 2nd time you've typed this.  The 1st one the mods deleted.

This was bound to happen...as were the incidents leading up to it. I agree that "most" peace officers are doing their job and are trained to react to certain situations. But here's the fact of the matter: far far too many "peace" officers come from a military background. I come from a military background, and I can tell you that based on my training things tend to escalate quickly. Being a soldier is in fact the complete OPPOSITE mentality to being a peace officer. But in order to fulfill the demand for more peace officers on the street (and coupled with a reduced military due to withdrawals from combat zones) there seems to be what "appears" to be a perfect match of former soldiers who need a job and law enforcement agencies that need that certain personality type willing to put themselves in harms way in the name of public safety.

So although I would agree that former military personnel may be very good at SWAT/SERT team tactics (and an area where they would be most employable in law enforcement in general), they have no place as general duty police officers (ie/ highway patrol etc).

To that end (and since we can't see as much of the video leading up to the incident) I have this question: Why was a highway patrol officer approaching a vehicle with a broken tail light with his weapon drawn and in an aggressive mindset? We all want to know why these idiots would ambush some peace officers (and don't get me wrong, these folks are disgusting in their attitude and tactics towards police)...but could it be that they have the same questions brewing in their own minds about basic police tactics/attitude towards the public.

This is a terrible tragedy, and all we can do is hope that police departments everywhere look at their tactics/attitude and hiring practices to help stem off a potential wave of violence that could follow. And for those who are disposed already to dislike the police (either because they stand on the wrong side of the law or ones who have had their "civil" attitude tainted by incidents) I can only hope that they curb their violent tendency to want to act out and look for more peaceful (lawful) solutions to the issues at hand.

35 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Yeah, what were they supposed to do, go fight the cop's battle for them? I mean its not enough that the police had the shooters outnumbered by 1000 to 1, plus a robot.

Let's see one of these politicians get out there and impose their authority without their paramilitary goons backing their play.

1 hour ago, Electro Rock said:

I find it amusing how the oligarch paramilitaries bully and even kill people for years, day in, day out, but the moment someone fights back they try to act like innocent victims and sainted heroes.

Yeah. It's always "amusing" when innocent people are murdered.

39 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Why do you say he is stupid?

1 hour ago, Electro Rock said:

If only every police force in North america would just turn in their badges and disband. Find other work. Stay home. Let us police ourselves. Wouldn't that be grand?

53 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Meanwhile former congressman Joe Walsh declared "war" on Obama blaming him for what happened.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/07/08/former-congressman-promises-war-warns-obama-to-watch-out-after-dallas-shootings/

2 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

If only every police force in North america would just turn in their badges and disband. Find other work. Stay home. Let us police ourselves. Wouldn't that be grand?

Yes, actually.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

You're going to get yourself banned from CDC.  This is the 2nd time you've typed this.  The 1st one the mods deleted.

I don't know if they busted his grow-op or if the big bad RCMP gave him a speeding ticket but it's par for the course to see Electro Rock spewing sociopathic tripe and wallowing in this news like a pig in its own poop.  

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

Anyone ever get the feeling we live in the dark, alternate universe that characters in sci-fi and fantasy shows find themselves in sometimes?

Or this is all a simulation and the user is deliberately pitting us against each other wanting to see what happens.

Archived