The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twelve Cops Shot In Dallas Five Dead After Protest Over Recent Killings

SabreFan1

1 minute ago, clam linguine said:

Why do you say he is stupid?

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'd prefer not to lose parts of my day by debating it with you.  You're pretty partisan when it comes to your political and social views.

1 minute ago, Salmonberries said:

If only every police force in North america would just turn in their badges and disband. Find other work. Stay home. Let us police ourselves. Wouldn't that be grand?

If it made for an opportunity to clean up the corrupt oligarchy and restore society, hell yeah.

Just now, Electro Rock said:

If it made for an opportunity to clean up the corrupt oligarchy and restore society, hell yeah.

Let's kick it off. everyone turn in their badge. Hey. we;re all adults right? I'm confident we can work out our conflicts ourselves.

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Meanwhile former congressman Joe Walsh declared "war" on Obama blaming him for what happened.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/07/08/former-congressman-promises-war-warns-obama-to-watch-out-after-dallas-shootings/

Hope he enjoys his Secret Service review.  They're not fans of veiled threats and/or people instigating potential violence against a president.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Hope he enjoys his Secret Service review.  They're not fans of veiled threats and/or people instigating potential violence against a president.

I had the same thought too. Regardless of where you stand on the political spectrum, making indirect threats against the president is never a good idea. 

" Obama is personally responsible for the division between races in this country. Obama must be removed from office. Just educate yourself on what he and the asinine governor of Minnesota said yesterday. "

" These killings are the direct result of all the support of BLM by the leftwing idiots in the media and government. Starting with Obama and his "Justice" Department "

lol. If authorities think this way then nothing will ever be fixed.

1 hour ago, Electro Rock said:

I find it amusing how the oligarch paramilitaries bully and even kill people for years, day in, day out, but the moment someone fights back they try to act like innocent victims and sainted heroes.

Nope, too bad little piggies, you wanted a fight, drop the gloves and man up!

Minnesota and Florida were the recent, deplorable events were they not.  That has zero connection to police officers in Dallas. You need to differentiate separate people and places from faceless organizations.

"The moment someone fights back" is an asinine framing of the situation - this was murder purpotrated against innocent people by a suicidal ex-combat vet.  I would say it is worse than the absolutely despicable actions of the aforementioned officers, as I doubt they woke up in the morning planning to kill anyone, whereas this was pre-meditated yet sickeningly arbitrary in execution.  Really upset about the incidents and willing to die for it?  Why not track down the actual guilty party?  (Not that I'm condoning that, but it would at least suggest these actions were to right a wrong rather than a tantrum on the most extreme level carried out by a sick mind.)

As a society I think it's normal to have a soft spot for vigilante types, but that's where this action fails: he is not righting a wrong or punishing a guilt party.  No, he is committing murder against people simply for sharing the same profession as the "bad guys" who did something hundreds and thousands of miles away.  The inability to differentiate coupled with suicidal tendencies has to scream serious mental health issues.  Or is he painted into the same category as extremist terrorists?  Either way there is nothing noble or commendable about the act. Other than the families and coworkers of the slain officers who will have to live with the grief, depression, anger and hopelessness, nobody will remember him nor will any greater positive come out of the action.

I truly believe police forces and much of the general population at large in the US are on a long journey to treating black citizens with respect and they have a long way to go.  I've made my feelings on the issue quite plain on the forum that systemic racism in law enforcement needs to be addressed.  I respect all protests - civil and otherwise - that push this issue forward. 

This selfish and pathetic action, however, does nothing to advance that cause and thus I condemn it in the strongest way possible.

7 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Minnesota and Florida were the recent, deplorable events were they not.  That has zero connection to police officers in Dallas. You need to differentiate separate people and places from faceless organizations.

"The moment someone fights back" is an asinine framing of the situation - this was murder purpotrated against innocent people by a suicidal ex-combat vet.  I would say it is worse than the absolutely despicable actions of the aforementioned officers, as I doubt they woke up in the morning planning to kill anyone, whereas this was pre-meditated yet sickeningly arbitrary in execution.  Really upset about the incidents and willing to die for it?  Why not track down the actual guilty party?  (Not that I'm condoning that, but it would at least suggest these actions were to right a wrong rather than a tantrum on the most extreme level carried out by a sick mind.)

As a society I think it's normal to have a soft spot for vigilante types, but that's where this action fails: he is not righting a wrong or punishing a guilt party.  No, he is committing murder against people simply for sharing the same profession as the "bad guys" who did something hundreds and thousands of miles away.  The inability to differentiate coupled with suicidal tendencies has to scream serious mental health issues.  Or is he painted into the same category as extremist terrorists?  Either way there is nothing noble or commendable about the act. Other than the families and coworkers of the slain officers who will have to live with the grief, depression, anger and hopelessness, nobody will remember him nor will any greater positive come out of the action.

I truly believe police forces and much of the general population at large in the US are on a long journey to treating black citizens with respect and they have a long way to go.  I've made my feelings on the issue quite plain on the forum that systemic racism in law enforcement needs to be addressed.  I respect all protests - civil and otherwise - that push this issue forward. 

This selfish and pathetic action, however, does nothing to advance that cause and thus I condemn it in the strongest way possible.

Great post.

47 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I would say it is worse than the absolutely despicable actions of the aforementioned officers, as I doubt they woke up in the morning planning to kill anyone, 

I find these comments to be typically irresponsible and inflammatory.  Court rooms should make these decisions.

We do not know what  happened on the ground or in the car.  My guess is that one of the cops on the ground felt like he was losing control and fearfully shot to save himself.  Self defense is not a despicable action.

If  what you imply is true...I hope the full weight of the law comes down against the officer(s).

13 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Meanwhile in Canada:

Wow, Facebook just deleted my post of this:

Sorry, this page isn't available

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

4 hours ago, clam linguine said:

I find these comments to be typically irresponsible and inflammatory.  Court rooms should make these decisions.

We do not know what  happened on the ground or in the car.  My guess is that one of the cops on the ground felt like he was losing control and fearfully shot to save himself.  Self defense is not a despicable action.

If  what you imply is true...I hope the full weight of the law comes down against the officer(s).

This is exactly my point. I rarely side with law enforcement in theses type of situations(5 on 1, aggressive posture, coercive tone)  really this is the most rational thing I have seen anybody post so far. 

Human nature wins out every time. Fear will throw rational response right out the window as it so pleases in all but the most highly seasoned soldiers/ officers. I would bet most of these killings we continue to see are simply a lack of experience in managing the risk in a takedown or arrest, lawful or not. 

Coupled with (and it blows my mind that it is still this way? WORLDWIDE ?)     Unfit, slow, and uneducated you have virtual time bombs ticking in a country of 319 million that are being paid "To Serve and Protect " 

Those that are chosen to enforce the law should be of the highest caliber(lol)  Mentally, emotionally, and physically.  Clearly this is not the case. 

Archived