The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twelve Cops Shot In Dallas Five Dead After Protest Over Recent Killings

SabreFan1

5 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Minnesota and Florida were the recent, deplorable events were they not.  That has zero connection to police officers in Dallas. You need to differentiate separate people and places from faceless organizations.

Pièce De Résistance

5 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

systemic racism in law enforcement needs to be addressed.  I respect all protests - civil and otherwise - that push this issue forward. 

/thread

Unfortunately racism in the US has taken on a new face (from both sides of the issue). Certainly there still exists the traditional form of racism (ie/ racist person who simply is ignorant and doesn't like other races for nothing more than their nationality or color), but for the most part it now seems to boil down to distrust and stereotyping. It has been stated that the incident in Minnesota may not have occurred had the driver been white. But again, I don't believe that the officer in question acted in a manner based strictly upon the traditional form of racism...I feel as though he acted how he did, more based upon distrust and stereotyping [black person driving around with a busted tail light and who admitted to possessing a firearm...conclusion? He must be a drug dealer or gang banger (stereotype)...better approach the car with gun drawn and react with force at the slight irregularity (distrust)].

Not sure how this attitude gets fixed any time soon...

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

The sniper count started at 2 then went to 4 and now the Mayor of Dallas is saying it was only 1.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dallas-police-ambush/suspect-dallas-sniper-attacks-believed-be-lone-gunman-n606336

The rush to get information out and the panic and shots. They have 3 others in custody. This guy went crazy and then racist.

On 07/07/2016 at 9:45 PM, Hugor Hill said:

Are they sure? 

Cuz open carry is legal in Texas.

Camo shirt is legal in Texas.

Black people are also legal in Texas.... I think.

On 07/07/2016 at 9:45 PM, Hugor Hill said:

Are they sure? 

Cuz open carry is legal in Texas.

Camo shirt is legal in Texas.

Black people are also legal in Texas.... I think.

If you bring your ar-15 to a situation like that,of course he's going to be a suspect.

I get there's systemic racism in the US, but can you imagine the stress that cops there deal with everyday?  With the sheer number of guns and the hopelessness of poverty and injustice, every stop could be their last.

8 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

The rush to get information out and the panic and shots. They have 3 others in custody. This guy went crazy and then racist.

Sorry for the late reply.  I slept in this morning.

The other 3 were released on Friday after being questioned.

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

If you bring your ar-15 to a situation like that,of course he's going to be a suspect.

I get there's systemic racism in the US, but can you imagine the stress that cops there deal with everyday?  With the sheer number of guns and the hopelessness of poverty and injustice, every stop could be their last.

Well ya... Put almost an entire country into that situation, there's no hope, no real chance to get out of that situation... Then you brainwash the people with all that freeDumb bs. Then you turn it into a police state and actually have the most incarcerated citizens amongst the UN nations(which would indicate it may be one of the least free countries) you've got the recipe for disaster. To summerize; what happens when you have a large population of people wake up to realize they're the least free. You're going to have a lot of anger and embarrassment. 

This starts right at the top with the government and the elite, that have the police protecting them and need the police to be ruthless. The states is more corrupt than Mexico but at least in Mexico it's not denied. America needs another revolution in the worst way because America needs to become the greatest nation in the world again, something it hasn't been since the day the last honest politician got killed.

17 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well ya... Put almost an entire country into that situation, there's no hope, no real chance to get out of that situation... Then you brainwash the people with all that freeDumb bs. Then you turn it into a police state and actually have the most incarcerated citizens amongst the UN nations(which would indicate it may be one of the least free countries) you've got the recipe for disaster. To summerize; what happens when you have a large population of people wake up to realize they're the least free. You're going to have a lot of anger and embarrassment. 

This starts right at the top with the government and the elite, that have the police protecting them and need the police to be ruthless. The states is more corrupt than Mexico but at least in Mexico it's not denied. America needs another revolution in the worst way because America needs to become the greatest nation in the world again, something it hasn't been since the day the last honest politician got killed.

Russia has more murders than the US and much less guns. I think a lot of it is crazy people doing crazy things and just using whatever means is the easiest and most effective. In the US it's guns (if it wasn't guns they would find another way).

My buddy in t3xas said when someone kills a cop they know they are going to die. Suicide by cop. He said this sniper tried to surrender but they had no intention of letting that happen. It a different world there.

Trevor Noah on the Daily Show had a good observation about America a few nights ago. And how everybody is always either one or the other. Democrat or Republican, Yankee or Red Sox, etc....

And on this issue, either a supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement or law enforcement. When in fact, if you just stop to think for a moment it is clear that it is very possible to be a supporter of both or maybe even against both. 

It's lowest common denominator politics and it's war(monger) mentality. Everything needs to be a war on something for people to listen. Good guys vs bad guys. With us or against us. 

It's obvious they need to learn to focus on the solutions to their problems (or even addressing them honestly) instead of wasting all their time fantasizing about the glory of war / being the hero who kills bad guys.

Obviously not all Americans. But sadly enough of them. 

5 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Sherriff David Clarke being a bitch as usual blaming Obama for starting a "race war", and "war on cops."

And what the hell is with the cowboy hat. You live in Milwaukee.

64438367.jpg

War on Obama.

Good thing it's almost over with Obama winning.

Somewhat unsettling but I've noticed on a lot of discussion forums / social media in the U.S. after an incident like this, is not about why it happened, who was shot or how to prevent future incidents. They prefer to discuss what weapon was used.

After Sandy Hook, after Orlando, etc.... Same pattern. It seems the important thing for them above anything else is to prove to others how much knowledge they have about guns.

Gun nuts are nuts with guns. To them, all victims probably just look like this, 

basic%20silhouette1-black.jpg

Black Lives Matter is rediculous and is just fueling a racism problem in the US right now. 

I recently read an intresting statistical breakdown of the amount of accidental or unjust shootings in the US last year. Given the black population in the US compared to the percentage of violent armed crimes commited by black males vs white males the breakdown was that 3 percent of police shootings involvijg either race were unjustified. 

With BLM though you cant be pro police without being a racist white supremascist. You can't be against racism unluss you support BLM which is really activly promoting a racial divide by holding black only meetings and so on. 

Archived