The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twelve Cops Shot In Dallas Five Dead After Protest Over Recent Killings

SabreFan1

35 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Good guns need guns to protect themselves from bad guns with guns too.

But srsly.

Dallas police chief:

“But it’s increasingly challenging when people have AR-15s slung over and shootings occur in a crowd and they begin running, and we don’t know — or we don’t know if they’re the shooter or not, or they begin, it’s been the presumption that a good guy with a gun is the best way to resolve some of these things,” he continued. “Well, we don’t know who the good guy is versus who the bad guy is if everybody starts shooting, and we’ve expressed that concern as well.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/watch-the-dallas-police-chief-obliterate-the-myth-of-a-good-guy-with-a-gun-stopping-a-bad-guy-with-a-gun/

49 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

He's had a ceiling higher than others. Including god himself, Ronnie Raygun. Only in the Republican bubble is Dubya's sub 40 finish greater than Obama's current 50+%.

C'mon mang. your anti-Obama hard on is showing..

Far from anti-obama. I actually like the guy as a person from the interviews he give on talk shows. He is just the most irrelevant president in history. He may be mixed race, or black,  or from Hawaii or from Africa or Kenya or whatever but his legacy will nil. I guess that is okay.

1 hour ago, Realtor Rod said:

Far from anti-obama. I actually like the guy as a person from the interviews he give on talk shows. He is just the most irrelevant president in history. He may be mixed race, or black,  or from Hawaii or from Africa or Kenya or whatever but his legacy will nil. I guess that is okay.

The fact that you buy into this garbage shows that you really don't know anything at all about him.

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

So what are you proposing banning of all guns?

Sniping off people from an elevated area could easily be done with any common bolt action hunting rifle, like a 308 WIN, or a 7MM. 

So unless your stating all guns need to be banned (which could never happen) comments like this are pointless. 

I'm rubbing it in the faces of the ammosexuals on this board

On July 11, 2016 at 3:12 AM, SamJamIam said:

#2ndamendmentproblems

Majority of criminals that poses guns have obtained them ilegally.

Brasil has around 40 000 gun related deaths every year, Caracas averages around 4000 murders a year and I am not going to talk about Mexico, Columbia, El Salvador etc.

I don't recall those countries having 2nd amendment issues.

Criminals always find ways to get guns.

6 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Majority of criminals that poses guns have obtained them ilegally.

Brasil has around 40 000 gun related deaths every year, Caracas averages around 4000 murders a year and I am not going to talk about Mexico, Columbia, El Salvador etc.

I don't recall those countries having 2nd amendment issues.

Criminals always find ways to get guns.

Illegally obtained guns include those legally acquired but just not owned by the murderer.  Surprisingly when someone gets shot, the person whose gun was used tends to say it was stolen from them.  Whether it was truly stolen is anyone's guess at that point but what is clear is that the legal access to the gun is what facilitated the ease of procuring access to it for illegal purposes.  All with a cloak of deniability.

If your only respite from that argument is to point to one of the most dangerous, corrupt, gang-run countries in the world, then no one is going to pull the wool from your eyes.  It's clearly held on there nice and tight.

23 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

Illegally obtained guns include those legally acquired but just not owned by the murderer.  Surprisingly when someone gets shot, the person whose gun was used tends to say it was stolen from them.  Whether it was truly stolen is anyone's guess at that point but what is clear is that the legal access to the gun is what facilitated the ease of procuring access to it for illegal purposes.  All with a cloak of deniability.

If your only respite from that argument is to point to one of the most dangerous, corrupt, gang-run countries in the world, then no one is going to pull the wool from your eyes.  It's clearly held on there nice and tight.

Even in countries that have tough gun laws it appears that there is no shortage of weapons.

My point was that the criminals will find ways to get guns and that 2nd amendment does not apply to felons.

I don't recall people stopped drinking during the prohibition.

There are countries with heavy gun ownership like Canada, Sweden, Switzerland but yet crime rate is so low.

Is gun violence prevalent in the USA because there are so manny guns or are there more violent people?

If you think that 2nd amendment is the main reason for all the violence.....well I don't need to tell you about the wool.

14 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Even in countries that have tough gun laws it appears that there is no shortage of weapons.

My point was that the criminals will find ways to get guns and that 2nd amendment does not apply to felons.

There are countries with heavy gun ownership like Canada, Sweden, Switzerland but yet crime rate is so low.

Is gun violence prevalent in the USA because there are so manny guns or are there more violent people?

If you think that 2nd amendment is the main reason for all the violence.....well I don't need to tell you about the wool.

We just tend to solve our differences out on the ice eh.

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Switzerland and Canada have a large number of guns but far more are rifles. They're designed for hunting, not carrying as a concealed weapon that's easy to discharge. The US has a metric &^@# ton of pistols which are easy to source, hide and use in urban settings. Combined with insanely low legal requirements for how you must store, move and dispose of your guns, it's obvious that the US gun problem is due to its uniquely demented gun laws.

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Like I say, be a person in a corrupt country with no hope, no future...then turn it into a police state. This is a recipe for violence... Guns are not to blame... &^@#ing with, lieing to, stealing from and abandonment of the people by the constitution and government is what's to blame.

15 hours ago, SamJamIam said:

Switzerland and Canada have a large number of guns but far more are rifles. They're designed for hunting, not carrying as a concealed weapon that's easy to discharge. The US has a metric &^@# ton of pistols which are easy to source, hide and use in urban settings. Combined with insanely low legal requirements for how you must store, move and dispose of your guns, it's obvious that the US gun problem is due to its uniquely demented gun laws.

I don't disagree that the gun laws are not working in the USA, system is broken and needs to be fixed.

You mentioned Switzerland, there are around 420 000 full auto and 320 000 semi auto riffles and pistols.

Imagine if full auto weapons were legal in the USA, and also how often Swiss go on rampage shootings?

I understand your point about hand guns but street gangs also use AK's, M16, shotguns, sniper riffles, TEC 9 etc.

Yes Glock is easier to conceal, but I don't think crime would be down if we had more assault riffles vs. handguns.

I lived in Europe for several decades, currently live in the USA and culture of violence is way different down here.

Until systematic poverty, crime, hopelessness, corruption, racism is fixed violence will not change.

Certain areas down here are like war zones, and since I have been in an actual war zone, I can recognize one.

Archived