Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twelve Cops Shot In Dallas Five Dead After Protest Over Recent Killings


SabreFan1

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

Media gets most of the blame for this, they portray police people as the worst people in the world. This just opportunity for people who owns guns itching to pull the trigger to finally use it

Idk if I would say most of the blame. There are quiet a lot of valid stories and videos of officers wildly abusing power. You have all the high profile black shootings of course but also that cop who was sexually assaulting women, the kids who called the cops after there bike was stolen and ended up getting gunned down, etc. etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

Media gets most of the blame for this, they portray police people as the worst people in the world. This just opportunity for people who owns guns itching to pull the trigger to finally use it

This is the problem.

 

Yes there is definitely racism among police officers, but the media constantly fans the flames on these things. 

 

You've got angry people with guns and the media sits back and almost eggs them on. Disgusting really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's shocking to see then again it's not. No doubt it's boiling over. The black community in particular is tired of this. If the police keep trotting on with such behavior against them pretending everything is fine and dandy it will come back to burn them eventually. And this might be the start of that.

Of course, though, republicans already out in full force blaming Obama for the behavior of the police department.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is the problem.

 

Yes there is definitely racism among police officers, but the media constantly fans the flames on these things. 

 

You've got angry people with guns and the media sits back and almost eggs them on. Disgusting really.

All they care about are ratings and how much money they can make.

Even headlines these days are created to stir readers and whip them into frenzy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Baka said:

Idk if I was say most of the blame. There are quiet a lot of valid stories and videos of officers wildly abusing power. You have all the high profile black shootings of course but also that cop who was sexually assaulting women, the kids who called the cops after there bike was stolen and ended up getting gunned down, etc. etc.

This just goes to show why you want to recruit intelligent people into positions of authority, just like with soldiers.  I am not anti-police by any means, but the double standard of what people can't get away with compared to what police can is frustrating beyond belief.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its really sad that its come to this. And even sadder that you could see it coming. You can't just keep killing black people with no justice and expect everyone to stay calm and happy. What's even worse though is that there's no way to transform the police culture in America overnight so all that's gonna happen is the violence will escalate... I mean, its not like police officers nationwide are gonna see this as a wake up call and collectively change their minds, it'll just make them angrier and more judgmental and the violence will continue (thus making citizens more prejudiced against police officers in return, extending the cycle).

What I'll be interested to see is what kind of sentence these shooters get vs what the police officers involved in the recent murders will get. Big test for the American legal system coming up given the close proximity of all these events... when they're caught, the snipers today should and will get life sentences/death penalties and if the officers just get a slap on the wrist then we'll get another uproar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"This is the fault of President Obama. His statements today triggered further demonization of our police, and propped up the black lives matter group to make a move as evil as this. The blood is on Obama's hands. He needs to be GONE!"

Yeah. It had nothing to do with those two incidents in as many days where cops executed two black men. Nope. Not a thing. It's all Obummer's fault.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

"This is the fault of President Obama. His statements today triggered further demonization of our police, and propped up the black lives matter group to make a move as evil as this. The blood is on Obama's hands. He needs to be GONE!"

Yeah. It had nothing to do with those two incidents in as many days where cops executed two black men. Nope. Not a thing. It's all Obummer's fault.

These same idiots somehow also manage to become police officers.........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

It's shocking to see then again it's not. No doubt it's boiling over. The black community in particular is tired of this. If the police keep trotting on with such behavior against them pretending everything is fine and dandy it will come back to burn them eventually. And this might be the start of that.

Of course, though, republicans already out in full force blaming Obama for the behavior of the police department.

It will burn poor people in black neighborhoods like Baltimore.

After the riots police presence dropped resulting in 2015 being the deadliest year ever with 344 homicides.

 

Just what's happening in Chicago, cops will look the other way in certain situations and certain areas.

So far 319 homicides with 2000 wounded, who do you think is getting shot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...