The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twelve Cops Shot In Dallas Five Dead After Protest Over Recent Killings

SabreFan1

21 minutes ago, Fateless said:

America is creating an extremely dangerous situation. They allow citizens to carry weapons that should be designated for the military only (sniper rifles, assault rifles, etc). Then the police start abusing their power and killing people that shouldn't be shot.

What do they think is going to happen?

The problem is with not with cops abusing power but with people resisting arrest.   In every case of cops shooting people, they do so when some sort of altercation occur between them and the person killed.   In short, if you follow order of the cops you will not be shot.

7 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Its really sad that its come to this. And even sadder that you could see it coming. You can't just keep killing black people with no justice and expect everyone to stay calm and happy. What's even worse though is that there's no way to transform the police culture in America overnight so all that's gonna happen is the violence will escalate... I mean, its not like police officers nationwide are gonna see this as a wake up call and collectively change their minds, it'll just make them angrier and more judgmental and the violence will continue (thus making citizens more prejudiced against police officers in return, extending the cycle).

What I'll be interested to see is what kind of sentence these shooters get vs what the police officers involved in the recent murders will get. Big test for the American legal system coming up given the close proximity of all these events... when they're caught, the snipers today should and will get life sentences/death penalties and if the officers just get a slap on the wrist then we'll get another uproar.

You are right about the cycle.

After the death of Eric Garner in N.Y, officers Liu and Ramos were executed in cold blood.

Like you said that probably made cops even more trigger happy vs. certain people.

This will have the same affect, hence the circle continues.

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Perfectly set stage for the impending race war under Heir Dtrumph.

Way to go America, you've done this to yourself.

Good job. 

Don't get too far ahead of yourself.  So far it's 2 angry people with guns.

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Texas has open carry laws.  He may be a 'suspect' simply because he was doing what he is legally permitted to do

They were saying that caught one of the snipers.  I wouldn't be surprised if they got that picture from his phone.

America

A country where trained cops are followed to act on impulse and treat everyone as a threat while untrained civilians are expected to stay calm and follow directions while someone is screaming and cursing at them while waving a gun in their face from behind a badge

This was inevitable 

13 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

"This is the fault of President Obama. His statements today triggered further demonization of our police, and propped up the black lives matter group to make a move as evil as this. The blood is on Obama's hands. He needs to be GONE!"

Yeah. It had nothing to do with those two incidents in as many days where cops executed two black men. Nope. Not a thing. It's all Obummer's fault.

The police who did that are demonizing themselves. Other police officers should be out in the public calling out against those police officers too. Those cops are not only making them look bad, they're making them a target for angry protesters.

Obama would have been irresponsible to not put those police officers under the spotlight. If they can't handle the heat, maybe they should stop murdering civilians.

4 minutes ago, LuckyLuciano said:

Witness who took one the pictures could have notified the PD had Texas not have had all these pro gun laws. So disappointing. 

The state allows citizens to have guns so they can fight the tyranny of the state.

The 2nd amendment is working as intended.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Don't get too far ahead of yourself.  So far it's 2 angry people with guns.

Really? In all of America, 2 angry people with guns?

I find it incredibly sad, from my high perch here in Canada, that you asses continue to kill each other and defend your stupid 2nd amendment all at the same time.

All of America is to blame for the deaths of those cops. Your fault.

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Really? In all of America, 2 angry people with guns?

I find it incredibly sad, from my high perch here in Canada, that you asses continue to kill each other and defend your stupid 2nd amendment all at the same time.

All of America is to blame for the deaths of those cops. Your fault.

I've never killed a person in my life.  Dial it down a few notches.

12 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

"This is the fault of President Obama. His statements today triggered further demonization of our police, and propped up the black lives matter group to make a move as evil as this. The blood is on Obama's hands. He needs to be GONE!"

Yeah. It had nothing to do with those two incidents in as many days where cops executed two black men. Nope. Not a thing. It's all Obummer's fault.

Someone said that?

Archived