The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twelve Cops Shot In Dallas Five Dead After Protest Over Recent Killings

SabreFan1

4 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

The state allows citizens to have guns so they can fight the tyranny of the state.

The 2nd amendment is working as intended.

Kind of ironic isn't it.

This is what all those gun nuts are raising their voices about when they talk about the second amendment. Somehow it's different when black people use that same constitution to fight for their rights though.

10 minutes ago, DonLever said:

The problem is with not with cops abusing power but with people resisting arrest.   In every case of cops shooting people, they do so when some sort of altercation occur between them and the person killed.   In short, if you follow order of the cops you will not be shot.

Incorrect.

A few searches on google will show you many situations where people get tazed and shot while they are already incapacitated and unable to fight back.

The problem is there is a small minority of cops that DO abuse their power and it means that people don't trust any cops. The system needs to deal with the abuse of power in the system of they ever want to gain control of this situation.

1 minute ago, Fateless said:

Incorrect.

A few searches on google will show you many situations where people get tazed and shot while they are already incapacitated and unable to fight back.

The problem is there is a small minority of cops that DO abuse their power and it means that people don't trust any cops. The system needs to deal with the abuse of power in the system of they ever want to gain control of this situation.

Then it's now highly incumbent upon the rest of them to speak out. It's not happening. Why? They will always protect their own.  

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

2nd amendment in action.

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I've never killed a person in my life.  Dial it down a few notches.

Do you defend the 2nd amendment? Do you think your cops should be running around in paramilitary gear without a psych evaluation?

Maybe I do need to dial 'er back a bit, but what's happening in the US bothers me. It's really damn sad. 

A massive divide sits there and very few recognize they're just digging the gap wider, away from their countrymen and into the corporate pocket. 

Hooded, winked and fat. Sure, not your fault directly, but until you oppose it....

There is zero excuse or justification for this - it serves only to lessen the community support for the BLM movement.

Sadly this was predictable and in my opinion could have been lessened with proper responses over the past few days to the death of the 2 black men shot and killed.

Leadership begins at the top - full stop. In both cases the officers involved should have been placed in protective custody until the initial investigation. To have them free given the video's of the incidents is the genesis of this. Secondly the command of both police departments should have been public about ensuring that if the evidence directs that it was murder that it would be treated as such - if it isn't it would be only after a thorough and transparent investigation.

And lastly the seeds for civil war exists in parts of the US - Poverty, the feeling of suppression and loss of hope.  My comments are not in support of tonight's horrific actions, rather a bad feeling that this is going to get worse before it gets better.

When 99.99% of cops are upstanding citizens doing a hell of a job I hope that people remember that a couple of bad cops did bad things - just like a few radical people tonight did some very horrible things .... Don't form bias on an entire race or force based on the terrible actions of a few. I hope they bring this to a peaceful end without any further injuries or death.

1 minute ago, Hugor Hill said:

2nd amendment in action.

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It was also written 200 years ago, and the US Army wasn't in existence and about 37 less states. We're not talking muskets and flintlocks. The fledgling US was worried about the British taking the Colonies back. The US once outlawed liquor, then repealed it. Context is what's completely missing. Raymond Chandler had it right. "So many guns around and so few brains....."

I own firearms and I'm fine with our laws as it stands. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

It was also written 200 years ago, and the US Army wasn't in existence and about 37 less states. We're not talking muskets and flintlocks. The fledgling US was worried about the British taking the Colonies back. The US once outlawed liquor, then repealed it. Context is what's completely missing. Raymond Chandler had it right. "So many guns around and so few brains....."

I own firearms and I'm fine with our laws as it stands. 

Then let it be.

Archived