Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will the Canucks be able to deal with California teams?


Adarsh Sant

Recommended Posts

On 09/07/2016 at 7:42 PM, literaphile said:

Except you didn't list all of the games. Canucks played 15 games against those three teams, not just the 10 you listed, and had a 7-7-1 record over those 15. While I agree that it's not a terrible record, .500 hockey isn't something to brag about.

Well it doesn't exactly speak highly of the California teams either as they collectively had a .500 record against the lowly canucks. They must REALLY suck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, bleedblue2017 said:

Edler, Pedan, Tree, Gudbranson? Pretty obvious, they are all trees (Edler 6'4" 220lbs, Pedan 6'5" 230lbs, Gudbranson 6'5" 216lbs, and Tryamkin 6'8" 240lbs) if all four of these guys are on the starting roster that is scary!

I might be looking in the wrong place (roster listing on CDC) but I still only see 2 starting D over 6'4": Tree and Gud. Edler is 6'3" and Pedan isn't even listed there (prospect in Utica). We have gotten bigger, which was needed, but we don't have 4 of our 6 starting D over 6'4".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Jam126 said:

Yeah, but none of the 4 are 6'2" or shorter.

That is true, but I was responding to the assertion that 4 of 6 are taller than 6'4" and I believe that to be incorrect. Further, the average height of D in the NHL is ~6'2"

 

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2010/10/15/1751273/sizing-up-the-nhl-by-height-weight-and-age

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

That is true, but I was responding to the assertion that 4 of 6 are taller than 6'4" and I believe that to be incorrect. Further, the average height of D in the NHL is ~6'2"

 

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2010/10/15/1751273/sizing-up-the-nhl-by-height-weight-and-age

 

Yes, but that was written in 2010. I agree that our D is at average height in the NHL. But compared to last year, it's alot bigger than our team's average D last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Yes, but that was written in 2010. I agree that our D is at average height in the NHL. But compared to last year, it's alot bigger than our team's average D last year.

I agree and by now the average D is probably taller than 6'2". It's good we are bigger than last year, we just don't have 4 of our starting 6 taller than 6'4".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/07/2016 at 6:22 PM, Adarsh Sant said:

The past few years, the Canucks have been getting pushed around by the Bay Area teams. They haven't been able to keep up in speed or size or goaltending or scoring or defense. With the additions of Gudbranson and Eriksson, the return of Sutter, and the help of Virtanen's size, do you think the Canucks will be able to keep up this year? Or are we in for another year of 0-3 road trips against the California teams. Thoughts?

 

I'm wondering if the Cali teams can handle the Canucks this year??? :canucks:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:20 PM, bleedblue2017 said:

Edler, Pedan, Tree, Gudbranson? Pretty obvious, they are all trees (Edler 6'4" 220lbs, Pedan 6'5" 230lbs, Gudbranson 6'5" 216lbs, and Tryamkin 6'8" 240lbs) if all four of these guys are on the starting roster that is scary!

They are bigger on the back end but you embellish shamelessly.  In order of ice time:

 

Edler 6'3" 215

Tanev 6'2" 185

Hutton 6'2" 183

Gudbranson 6'5" 216

Sbisa 6'2" 198

*Larssen 6'0" 190

Tryamkin 6'7" 228

Pedan 6'5" 215

Biega 5'10" 187

 

This is right off the Canucks website which dates to training camp last Sept (Hutton will certainly be bigger this camp). 

Otherwise * Wikipedia

 

fwiw, the average size of NHL players is 6'1" 202 for forwards, 6'2" 209 for defense and 6'2" 198 for goalies (pensionplanpuppets.com)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Burrows for Kopitar (50% retained)

 

Higgins+Sbisa for Theodore+Getzlaf (50% retained)

 

Miller+Dorset for Jones+Thornton (50% retained)

 

Make the cap work somehow

 

Buy out the Sedins, resign 6 years at 1M per

 

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Getzlaf Kopitar Sutter

Virtanen Thorton Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Granlund

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Theodore

Jones

Markstrom

 

2017 CHAMPS

 

There we dealt with them :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 1:49 PM, steviewonder20 said:

I agree and by now the average D is probably taller than 6'2". It's good we are bigger than last year, we just don't have 4 of our starting 6 taller than 6'4".

There very well could be, camp isn't here yet and there are some hungry young guys just itching to make the team. So at the moment our d is average, or is it? I guess we will just have to wait and find out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...