The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann has Gained 25lb since last season

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Most players tend to lose weight over the course of the season. So being up 25 lbs is definitely possible if the net gain is only actually like 10-15 lbs.

I dunno, Bob. I doubt Jared lost weight during the season. 

He had quite a good number of "off days" and "training days". JB even talked about "working with Jared.... putting on mass... getting bigger" yadayada

18 hours ago, Fateless said:

Considering his strength was in his speed and tenacity - adding that much weight that fast could really hurt the part of his game that got him into the NHL. Its important to build muscle into your frame as you develop, but 25 pounds in a year could do more harm than good.

Not saying you are wrong.... But the bias within our fanbase, would lead to a lot of posts like this that would seem logical on the surface... But really, anyone with a bias that wants to come across as logical would write this exact same post....

Why don't we just see if it affects him? I mean how many fans were crying about how little he weighed last year? And now those same fans are saying, oh well he'll be too slow now.... It's kind of funny.

7 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Should have fipped one of our other prospects for Gudbranson instead of McCann. This kid has so much swagger and determination he'll go far in the NHL, even on a stacked Florida forward group.

That's not how that works.

7 minutes ago, Kanucklehead10 said:

So he gained 25 pounds.....Yay? Good for him? 

Seriously?? 

Why is this even considered topic worthy?? All Hockey players gain/lose weight during the offseason.

It's as pointless as making a thread about Crosby saying that he just bought a new lamborghini.

You're looking for worthy threads on CDC???

Archived