Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Colorado and Signings (Proposal)


Guest

Recommended Posts

The main thing we need to make a good run for the playoffs is to get a big scoring winger. Let's start with:

 

Tanev, 5th round pick to Colorado for Gabriel Landeskog, 6th round pick.

 

Dank-Hank-Eriksson 

Landeskog-Sutter-Rodin 

Beartschi-Horvat-Hansen 

Dorsett-Granlund-Virtanen 

 

Edler-Gudbranson 

Hutton-Tryamkin-Really enjoy this pairing 

Sbisa-Larson/Stetcher/Subban/Biega 

 

My next transaction is to sign Russell. He can replace Hamhuis as the mentor of the young guns.

 

Edler-Gudbranson 

Hutton-Tryamkin

Sbisa-Russell 

 

Thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you mean Tanev for Landeskog?

After the Taylor Hall trade, you never know what Tanev could really get us. I'd rather keep him. Though I wouldn't upset about that return. Canucks do need another scoring forward, I'm not sure trading our top young defensemen helps us in the long run.

 

I do not like the idea of getting Russell unless its for $2 - 2.5 million, 1 year deal. He will want a lot more, and if Canucks are getting a new defensemen I would like him to be an offensive PMD. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In order or LAND-eskog... you would have to pay a kings ransom. 

 

It will take one of Boeser, Horvat, Virtanen + a first round pick. 

 

They dont want Edler, and Edler is NOT moving. 

Tanev has one of the best contracts in the league (for a 1st pair elite shutdown defence-man) so hes not going anywhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will take quality to get quality.  That said, I don't think Landeskog is worth Tanev.  He's never cracked 30g in the NHL, and only once cracked 60 points.  He's young, 23 years old, but Tanev brings stability, and is cost effective for a team on a budget, or gearing up for playoffs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SpennyCanuck said:

They dont want Edler, and Edler is NOT moving. 

Tanev has one of the best contracts in the league (for a 1st pair elite shutdown defence-man) so hes not going anywhere. 

Would you trade Tanev for Barrie, straight hockey trade? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Type R said:

Would you trade Tanev for Barrie, straight hockey trade? 

 

8 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

If Barrie signs the same contract. Absolutely. If its $6 million plus,(what I think he is asking for) it would be hard to commit to that.

Personally, I wouldn't. 

 

My Reasoning: 

Its all about the Cap these days. It seems that most of the competitive teams have had good drafting,then trade their older assets for more draft picks/ young prospects. 

 

+1 to Art

I believe that Barrie is the better player (overall) and is a team need, but I don't think it would be worth an extra $2 mill for him. 

If he signed an identical contract as Tanev, then hell yah! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cowichan Canuck said:

Edler and 5th isn't going to land Landeskog and a 6th.

 

He's a young, lottery pick, producing, captain and Edler is an older, somewhat unhealthy, on the decline dman with a NTC.

What are you talking about? 

 

You obviously didn't get the CDC memo :  Edler + 5th can literally get us any player, from any team,  because CDC says so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol Tanev is an ELITE TOP PAIR defenseman? pretty sure the rest of the league don't view him as that.. he maybe underrated in the league.. but he's definitely overrated on cdc

Yah man, you're right about everyone overrating the Canucks players here.

But clearly you don't check your analytics. analytics are just numbers... but they prove that Tanev is one of the most effective defensive defence-man in the league. 

 

http://becauseoilers.blogspot.ca/2016/03/in-search-of-right-handed-defensemen.html 

 

Its a long read... but give it a chance. If you don't feel like reading it, you can scroll to the bottom. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tanev is certainly worth a fair amount.  He doesn't put up the points or has much physicality, but from a defense perspective he's about as solid as they come.

 

But no, the original proposal wouldn't nearly be enough to land Landeskog - even though I think he would be a very good fit.

 

And as for the Russell idea, I can see why you would propose signing him, but I am not sure it is really necessary.  If Larsen ends up being a serviceable player, we have enough top 6 defensemen.  For that matter, if Larsen is decent we have 7 top 6 defensemen as it stands right now, and will likely have to lose one of them if we don't want a multi-million dollar player sitting out games.  As for backups, I'm perfectly comfortable with the players we can bring up if required. 

 

Keep in mind that with Stecher likely to be at least a bottom pairing defenseman in a year's time, Juolevi likely being ready in a couple of years, and Subban waiting to try out for the big league, we have up and coming players who are going to need ice time.  If we sign Russell to even a short, 3-year contract, that ends up being 1 or 2 years longer than we need to make that happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, SpennyCanuck said:

Yah man, you're right about everyone overrating the Canucks players here.

But clearly you don't check your analytics. analytics are just numbers... but they prove that Tanev is one of the most effective defensive defence-man in the league. 

 

http://becauseoilers.blogspot.ca/2016/03/in-search-of-right-handed-defensemen.html 

 

Its a long read... but give it a chance. If you don't feel like reading it, you can scroll to the bottom. 

Great read. I honestly had no idea Josh Manson had that great of numbers. His HERO chart was probably the best in the NHL last year for a defensive defensemen. Cool to see different metrics come to the same result. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol Tanev is an ELITE TOP PAIR defenseman? pretty sure the rest of the league don't view him as that.. he maybe underrated in the league.. but he's definitely overrated on cdc

I don't think he is overrated.  I think we have all seen him mature into a very efficient, solid defender and I am as confident with him on the ice as any Canuck defensive dman I can remember.  He was on the top line for Canada at the WHC this summer and impressed a lot of people. If he were better offensively he would make 2 million more.

 

Barrie is a bit of an adventure defensively and I don't think we should pay 6 million for Barrie, plus Tanev.  I think Tanev is probably one of the best value dmen in the league for what he brings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

I don't think he is overrated.  I think we have all seen him mature into a very efficient, solid defender and I am as confident with him on the ice as any Canuck defensive dman I can remember.  He was on the top line for Canada at the WHC this summer and impressed a lot of people. If he were better offensively he would make 2 million more.

 

Barrie is a bit of an adventure defensively and I don't think we should pay 6 million for Barrie, plus Tanev.  I think Tanev is probably one of the best value dmen in the league for what he brings.

i'm not saying Tanev is not good at what he does.. but that's like saying Willie Mitchell was an elite star defensemen.. which he obviously isn't he's a great shutdown guy. in order to be an elite defenseman in this league or a legitimate top pairing on a contending team.. you either have great offense with average defense.. or great defense with average offense.. and can play in all role.. PP PK 5v5 4v4 etc.. Tanev have good/great defense.. 0 offense.. he would be near the middle/bottom of your list to put him on the PP or any offense situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...