The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael Carcone | LW/RW

Ichiban604

Carcone and MacEwen aren't getting enough love, I couldn't have been the only one impressed with Carcone yesterday against the Jets, he was playing hard, finishing all his checks, had a little trash talk and his line was solid for the most part. They generated many chances. He was working his ass of every possession. I don't think we are missing much grit now that I think about it, Carcone, MacEwen, Gudbranson, Virtanen, Gadjovich, Labate,  Stuart, and Pedan. That's just a few of the top of my head. This guy has some serious potential.

Carcone had a good prospects tournament last year too and then looked overmatched most of the year in the AHL.  I'd be happy if he just looks like he belongs in the AHL before getting too excited about his play in another prospects tournament with little defensive structure.  That second goal was pretty but about as well defended as some bantam games I've seen.

8 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Carcone had a good prospects last year too and then looked overmatched most of the year in the AHL.  I'd be happy if he just looks like he belongs in the AHL before getting too excited about his play in another prospects tournament with little defensive structure.  That second goal was pretty but about as well defended as some bantam games I've seen.

He's older, at 21.  Guys like Gadjovic are only 18/19.  Carcone should look good amongst the young guys.  

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He's older, at 21.  Guys like Gadjovic are only 18/19.  Carcone should look good amongst the young guys.  

Carcone was like a water bug last year skating around full of energy but accomplishing very little plus he spent as much time on his butt as he did his skates.  He seems to excel in loosely structured prospect tournaments but now he needs to show that he can contribute in a more structured game against older players.

If he can play a high energy forechecking game while not getting pushed off the puck in the d-zone and then be competent on the PK he will show real value in the AHL. 

Bold Prediction: With the injuries to Brendan Gaunce and Derek Dorsett opening up spots on the 4th line, Michael Carcone and with his firey-- Burrows/Rypien like energy and playing style, Carcone somehow manages to score a 4th line winger spot out of training camp.

6 hours ago, Quantum said:

Bold Prediction: With the injuries to Brendan Gaunce and Derek Dorsett opening up spots on the 4th line, Michael Carcone and with his firey-- Burrows/Rypien like energy and playing style, Carcone somehow manages to score a 4th line winger spot out of training camp.

I doubt it. Even with Gaunce and potentially Dorsett out to start the year, there's not enough room for the waivers eligible players plus Boeser and Goldobin, let alone Carcone. Then there's Virtanen, LaBate, MacEwen, or even Pedan and Biega who would play wing as a 14th forward and still be a sub for D. Carcone would have to be pushing for rookie of the year in preseason to make it.

On 9/18/2016 at 4:16 PM, stonecoldstevebernier said:

I thought Carcone played a very good game today. He's a great skater and crafty with the puck, he did well to create a few chances around the net. I don't know how that'll translate into playing against pros with Utica, or if he'll even be in the AHL, but his offensive skills are easy to see.

My guess is if he played about 61 games in Utica, he would get at least 5 goals and 13 assists for at least 18 points.   If he got exactly all those totals, he would think it was groundhog year (pssst - he played in AHL last year for Utica of all teams and those were his totals).

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

My guess is if he played about 61 games in Utica, he would get at least 5 goals and 13 assists for at least 18 points.   If he got exactly all those totals, he would think it was groundhog year (pssst - he played in AHL last year for Utica of all teams and those were his totals).

(pssst - that post is from a year ago.)

14 hours ago, elvis15 said:

I doubt it. Even with Gaunce and potentially Dorsett out to start the year, there's not enough room for the waivers eligible players plus Boeser and Goldobin, let alone Carcone. Then there's Virtanen, LaBate, MacEwen, or even Pedan and Biega who would play wing as a 14th forward and still be a sub for D. Carcone would have to be pushing for rookie of the year in preseason to make it.

...or Molino.

Carcone was brilliant in that last game. It'd be fun(in a couple yrs) to have a little guy like him or Palmu, goin balls-to-the-wall(like Gallagher in Mtl). Can give a team a lot of energy.

Ironically our play of the tourney however, had to be LaPlante's tilt with that Cal goon. Shades of Rypper..that was awesome.

Does Cull have a penchant for toughness? Looks like a few of these kids already tried to show what they've got to offer.

On 12/09/2017 at 1:56 PM, Quantum said:

If that were to happen i think Upshall will score a contract. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Michael Carcone | LW/RW
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Love how feisty Carcone is.  Showed in the prospects tourney that he won't take crap from anyone.

Am a big fan of some of the young guys we signed out of the Q including Carcone, D'Aoust and MacEwan...

Archived