The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3 Canucks prospects made top 50 list of top NHL prospects

Bruce Boudreau

Juolevi,Boeser, and Demko made the list of the best 50 prospects right now.

This ranking uses rookie of the year eligibility to classify who is considered a top prospect.

I don't know how much credibility this or other rankings have but it is nice to see some validation for the quality of the Canucks top 3 prospects.

Do you agree with these rankings? Check out the entire top 50 here. 

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2652458-ranking-the-top-50-nhl-prospects/page/2

48th Demko

44th Boeser

9th Juolevi

Prospect rankings are always a coin toss. Thanks for posting the list, it's a neat read, even if the format of click-click-click-click makes me want to throw my laptop out the window.

Why can't websites just do lists anymore? Like ones where you can read down it. 

Bleacher report has very little credibility. I clicked the link and found Boeser ranked in the 40s and instantly dismissed it. Any rankings which are slide show based are never worth taking seriously. Close the link and don't give them their page views. 

Nice to see Juolevi in the top 10, but the list is pretty bad. It seems to be based on draft position and hype rather than accomplishments.

Boeser at 44 doesn't make sense to me based on the season he just had. Not that it matters, but there's lots of questionable picks ahead of him. The only reason he doesn't seem to be higher is because of his draft position.

Demko being the only goalie in the top 50 is nice to see though.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Nice to see Juolevi in the top 10, but the list is pretty bad. It seems to be based on draft position and hype rather than accomplishments.

Boeser at 44 doesn't make sense to me based on the season he just had. Not that it matters, but there's lots of questionable picks ahead of him. The only reason he doesn't seem to be higher is because of his draft position.

Demko being the only goalie in the top 50 is nice to see though.

I agree about Boeser.  Kyle Connor had a bigger year but not that much bigger and he is ranked 4th or something.  Boeser should be in the 20's.

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

48th Demko

44th Boeser

9th Juolevi

Prospect rankings are always a coin toss. Thanks for posting the list, it's a neat read, even if the format of click-click-click-click makes me want to throw my laptop out the window.

Why can't websites just do lists anymore? Like ones where you can read down it. 

Because page views generate ad revenue and each click of yours is a page view. That is the reason why I never use sites like Bleacher Report. They aren't going to get me to waste time clicking through their awful list when it could have just been displayed on a single page.

13 minutes ago, Toews said:

Because page views generate ad revenue and each click of yours is a page view. That is the reason why I never use sites like Bleacher Report. They aren't going to get me to waste time clicking through their awful list when it could have just been displayed on a single page.

I know, but I couldn't honestly care less about the ad revenue generated. It's my time that I won't spend. Let's be honest, it's almost 1 am and I'm on a hockey website in the summer; I'm a busy guy. 

Not too busy to buy a new computer if I throw mine into the ocean over too many slide clicks though.

Ahem. Juolevi should turn into one hell of a hockey player though. 

6 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I know, but I couldn't honestly care less about the ad revenue generated. It's my time that I won't spend. Let's be honest, it's almost 1 am and I'm on a hockey website in the summer; I'm a busy guy. 

Not too busy to buy a new computer if I throw mine into the ocean over too many slide clicks though.

Ahem. Juolevi should turn into one hell of a hockey player though. 

It isn't just the time wasted that irks me, its the exploitative nature of these websites. That and it's infuriating to click through them.

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

These eastern-influenced rankings are usually pretty lame. That said, with 30 teams, it's nice to have 3 guys highly regarded.

Yea I do not know if its eastern bias or what, to have Boeser rated that low after breaking records held by greats like Toews and Parise does not compute. Also the fact Demko is probably the best prospect goalie out there right now, and is rated 48? Perhaps we can chalk that up to goaltenders not getting any respect rather than East Coast bias. 

Either way our prospect pool is lookin might good right now :towel:

5 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Yea I do not know if its eastern bias or what, to have Boeser rated that low after breaking records held by greats like Toews and Parise does not compute. Also the fact Demko is probably the best prospect goalie out there right now, and is rated 48? Perhaps we can chalk that up to goaltenders not getting any respect rather than East Coast bias. 

Either way our prospect pool is lookin might good right now :towel:

Pretty obvious the loafer spends time combing his GQ hair(& dancing at proms), as opposed to seriously training :^)...

Archived