The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-Article- Huge if True

CanadianRugby

45 minutes ago, The Bookie said:

Puck Daddy isn't a person; there are a bunch of writers who contribute. Well, for the most part I should say "writers". They have supreme twitter embedding skills, put it that way.

Without clicking on this one (I stopped giving them that quite awhile ago) I'll go ahead and wager that this is by that Ryan Lambert guy. All that poop gives it away.

NYC I believe. Their lead writer, Wyshynski, seems almost to be a league employee. A lot of the official NHL statements and stuff go directly from Daly to Wysh.

I don't know if it's connected but their general stance on the Canucks seemed to go downhill around the time that Harrison Mooney (Pass it to Bulis) got the boot from Puck Daddy after getting all skeevy with some female hockey bloggers.

Ah, my bad, thanks for the correction. I checked, and it may have been Cooper and Lambert who liked the Canucks. Apparently, Wysh is hated by Avs and Canucks fans.

That article was garbage. The first statement alone way just so terrible, how the hell does that not get proofread or edited, what in the hell?-

"....pursue a Jay Feaster like pursuit..." . Yup, we actually had to read that!

Pursue a pursuit, what the #$%& is that?  How 'bout you pursue, then peruse a #$%&ing thesaurus, you dick. F-

Frustrating part of reading "articles" (or whatever this trash is people keep writing) about the Canucks is thay lots of people laugh and joke saying we have no direction.. obviously completely false, thiS leads to 29 other fan bases, staff, and media and even other players thinking we are the joke of the league. Well I for one cannot wait to see this team be the underdog next year and surprise the hell out of everyone 

im so sick of the notion that if this team isnt tanking than it isnt rebuilding. count how many players we have under 25. its more than a few teams who are considered in rebuild mode. hi toronto. another one i dont understand is people saying we gave away a young prospect for gudbranson. its not like gudbranson has even hit his prime yet?? Considering what we gave up for a very solid young defender, who should be around for about ten years, i think we did great. teams dont have to finish in the top five last place positions each year to rebuild. i personally think the "rebuild" term has been over glorified the past few years and its become more of a made up media type thing to get people talking and reading articles. im excited for this years team and being huge underdogs. ive seen it before in the late eighties and nineties. i like the mix of vets and young guys. we are definetly changing the culture but that doesnt mean we cant be trying in the mean time.

20 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Jesus man.  

Why do these writers all hate the Canucks so much?

I don't know if it's a hate of the Canucks.  It's a hate of the strategy that Benning has taken to win the cup.  In this writer's opinion:  "For some inexplicable reason, the Vancouver Canucks continue to pursue a Jay Feaster-like pursuit of “going for it.”  I'm sure a lot of them hated on Vancouver back in 2011.  But not too many people hate on ***** teams (unless it's Toronto).

11 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

I don't know if it's a hate of the Canucks.  It's a hate of the strategy that Benning has taken to win the cup.  In this writer's opinion:  "For some inexplicable reason, the Vancouver Canucks continue to pursue a Jay Feaster-like pursuit of “going for it.”  I'm sure a lot of them hated on Vancouver back in 2011.  But not too many people hate on ***** teams (unless it's Toronto).

it would be interesting to look at all the cup winners in the past twenty years and see which ones actually tanked hard for a few years. also which ones who either just missed the playoffs or just made it and still managed to win a cup maybe a few years later.

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Because we're not lying down and giving up.  Because we're doing it differently than the precious precious Maple Leafs.

Hahahaha, can you imagine what is must be like supporting the leafs?!?  Living in that void/ bubble where everyone must self destruct equally like Toronto must be incredibly depressing. Their writers appear to live inside a dreamcatcher because the reality of their franchise is very difficult to stomach.  Now because the east coast writers are forced into living in a state of fantasy, this impacts their ability to comment on other markets with any resemblance of credibility. 

1 hour ago, linden17 said:

im so sick of the notion that if this team isnt tanking then it isnt rebuilding. count how many players we have under 25. its more than a few teams who are considered in rebuild mode. hi toronto.

8 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

I don't think it's a hate on for the Canucks per se.  The media is trying to justify the Leaf's strategy and anything that is different MUST be wrong.

I posted in other threads that both Roger's and Bell are the largest shareholders of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment at 37.5% each.  Roger's owns TSN and Bell owns Sportsnet.  Conflict of interest anybody????

The fact is, I don't have a problem with the Leafs strategy for their rebuild.  I think it was right for that team at that time.  They started out with a house cleaning in the front office and are following up with a complete tear down of the team.  The culture was not conducive to winning so it needed to be changed.

The Canucks are starting out from a different place.  They had a good culture that was held over from a very good team that won 2 Presidents trophys in 2010-2012.  Why would they get rid of that?  A good culture is very difficult to establish.  Also, the Canucks had relatively few players in their prime when he took over.  He is trying to speed up the rebuild by adding players in their early 20's.  There's nothing wrong with that.  There's also nothing wrong with adding a few veterans to shelter and mentor the young players.  It's good for their development.  So is being competitive. 

Archived