The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your ultimate muscle car

YummyCakeFace

1 hour ago, aliboy said:

By far the nicest backside ever constructed on an automobile. They are to cars what Latin American women are to humans. Buxom and powerful. 

Also loved the Buick GS 455 they had bench seats, automatic transmissions with a column shifter. Completely disguised as a normal car until you his the pedal. 

image.jpeg

24 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

By far the nicest backside ever constructed on an automobile. They are to cars what Latin American women are to humans. Buxom and powerful. 

Also loved the Buick GS 455 they had bench seats, automatic transmissions with a column shifter. Completely disguised as a normal car until you his the pedal. 

image.jpeg

We had a 68 442 many years ago, it was amazing, my brother was told to buy the 400, rather than the bigger engine, and it still went like stink. Problem was, we lived in Ontario and it rusted out on us, got very bad, so we had to move on, very sad. The handling was amazing, like it was cemented to the road and it's the handling I remember every bit as much as the speed.

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

A friend of mine had a 68 Shelby Mustang GT500 back in the day,,,we used to go to Birch Bay and cruise the strip...fun times....

shelby_zpsvg2irzyf.jpg

I'm not a mustang fan by any means  except for this car, totally amazing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎25 at 10:04 AM, 420since1974 said:

1969 Plymouth Roadrunner 440 6 pack.

The quickest 1/4 mile times of any regular production car (excluding exotics).

http://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/the-top-50-fastest-muscle-cars-of-all-time/

369fa1d90b2afd3f9499153df26ea618.jpg

Years ago, in Victoria, my buddy and I, in his 68 cougar(289 bored to 292) followed a guy in a roadrunner for about 8 miles trying to get him to have a light to light race. Dude wouldn't even look at us till it was plain no big blocks would try him. Hillside at Quadra heading east side by side and the light turns green.

We kicked that roadrunners ass, for the first 10 feet, then he went past us like we were in reverse. Guy pulls over at the  next gas station to fill it up, reminding us of the price you pay to run true muscle cars, rather than ponies. Probably end up in jail now for doing what we did every Friday and Saturday night. :(

57 minutes ago, gurn said:

Years ago, in Victoria, my buddy and I, in his 68 cougar(289 bored to 292) followed a guy in a roadrunner for about 8 miles trying to get him to have a light to light race. Dude wouldn't even look at us till it was plain no big blocks would try him. Hillside at Quadra heading east side by side and the light turns green.

We kicked that roadrunners ass, for the first 10 feet, then he went past us like we were in reverse. Guy pulls over at the  next gas station to fill it up, reminding us of the price you pay to run true muscle cars, rather than ponies. Probably end up in jail now for doing what we did every Friday and Saturday night. :(

On 7/26/2016 at 9:04 AM, Bizarre said:

Against is what I meant. I highly doubt that would beat some of the cars I grew up around from the generation.

depends on the driver and trust me a Cobra engine in a lighter,smaller car flies off the line!!!

I have never seen a car beat it off the line pre 1970 1/4 mile it beat ALL!!!!

Not huge into cars but always like Chevelles and Beaumonts.  My dad had 4 chevelles at once back when I was a kid, it was the first car I got to start up.  He also had a demon that he wrote off in a ditch 5 min away from a family party we were all at.

68de71ad122e391e35b37badbfead529.jpgc8f48f6a401e5cca1c9823eb45909e57.jpg

Archived