The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans Unite **Summer initiative**

Tavrohorvat53

Canucks Fans Summer Initiative  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We're now less than 80 days away from starting a brand new season. This season is a fresh start, a reset for a team that expectedly underachieved once faced with few major injuries at critical times during the season. With their legs taken out from under them, the patchwork team that was iced worked hard and persevered, through Cali and once again against the saddest team in pro sports, in the final game of the season. In the end the boys showed signs that they weren't satisfied with the status quo and all they wanted was to keep winning. That was very encouraging to see because it is a sign that this group is becoming closer and creating some chemistry.

One benefit of the Canucks dismal season was that it gave many Canucks fans a chance to go to  games more frequently. During the 2015-16 season I attended approximately 15 games, sat all over the arena and  observed the same thing every place  I sat. You might have noticed it too. Vancouver fans are shockingly disconnected to the game and its ebbs and flows. The ever so "observant" Canucks fans divide into three groups. Group 1 consists of  fans that are so intently & intensely watching the game - as though its a movie - that they don't partake in the cheering apart from the general oohs and ahhs. Group 2 consists of chit chatters, instagramers, snapchaters and those who are doing everything but pay attention to the game. Then finally there's the Rowdy Randys, these guys travel in packs or are lone warriors and other optimistic fans that do their part to show their support for their team when attending the game. These three groups have one major thing in common. They only know one chant and one chant only. Go Ca you guessed it.

The GO CANUCKS GO chant is an instant classic, because its the only chant there is for our team. Sadly it has been so overused that it has almost lost all its  motivational purpose, sending no message and failing to capitalize on incidents/events/history in the game. 

There are certain things that happen in every game that provide an opportunity for fans to make a statement or make some noise. When theres a Bad penalty call, a missed call, fights, hits, dirty hits by opposing players or goals, fans generally have the same reaction, however everyone voices their displeasure differently and no one says anything because nobody is on the same page. 

Since it is clear what type of events/incidents can draw reaction from fans, with help from CDC, I suggest once again that we put our creativity, wittiness, humour and our Canucks knowledge together and create some chants/slogans/chorus to fit some of these occasions. The hope here is to have some chants or slogans that are short and concise, and once narrowed down to few choices each category will be put up for a vote. Once we know the chants then the hard work starts aka getting the chants to peoples hands. Any suggestions? ( twitter,fb, printed on card & handed out at gate)

A new season is almost here. This means a fresh start for the team and also for the fans. The fans that attend these games, are true Canucks fans deep down, and they want to cheer on our boy's but they just don't know what to say. So lets make it ready for them and create a culture and movement at Rogers Arena!

*Share ideas here, reply to each other, discuss*

I don't think Miller and Markstrom get enough support, considering the support of Lack, Schneider and Luongo. A simple Miller/Marky chant would be nice.

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson -- Swedish Triplets???  (clapclap, clapclapclap)

Dorsett, beat 'em up? (clapclap, clapclapclap)

We are all Canucks??  (clapclap, clapclapclap) -- I know this one is a bit cringy

When Horvat scores and the P.A announces it - Bo SCOREVAT

Chant along to Virtanen's goal song????

Etem up?

Hansen scores on a breakaway (PA) - Jannik HANDSEN

That's all I got right now...

29 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Just sit there, watch the game and shut up.

LOL. Agreed!

Problem is your not going to get all fans to "chant" along especially with certain lines. Try telling the corporate season ticket holders there that are just entertaining clients to start these chants and actually get involved in the game!

24 minutes ago, jono2009 said:

LOL. Agreed!

Problem is your not going to get all fans to "chant" along especially with certain lines. Try telling the corporate season ticket holders there that are just entertaining clients to start these chants and actually get involved in the game!

Get them to sing "Taking care of business".  :lol:

Prefer the "Coil-ers Su-ck' chant, followed up in the 2nd period with the "Lu-cy Su-cks" chant and ending the 3rd with "Takin' care of Business" when we send the Coilers,  and everyone else  home, battered, bruised and without 2pts.

They should re-brand  with a hip-hop theme- when the Canucks score they should pump "Ridin (dirty)" as the goal song and have a bunch of female R&B dancers come out and grind away (dress them up in those horrible old millionaires jerseys and call them the Ca-millionaires?). They could even get the players on board wearing chrome grill mouth guards..............I'll get my coat.

5 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Prefer the "Coil-ers Su-ck' chant, followed up in the 2nd period with the "Lu-cy Su-cks" chant and ending the 3rd with "Takin' care of Business" when we send the Coilers,  and everyone else  home, battered, bruised and without 2pts.

Would love to say it but I think we should also keep it classy as we all know what the media would do if we start chanting things like "Coiler Sucks." Wouldn't mind once in a while chant the opposition goalie's name after a goal is scored. 

6 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Would love to say it but I think we should also keep it classy as we all know what the media would do if we start chanting things like "Coiler Sucks." Wouldn't mind once in a while chant the opposition goalie's name after a goal is scored. 

Who cares about what the media thinks? Their joke of a franchise let Andrew Ferrence wear the C.  You know, the same piece of trash who flipped off the crowd?   Add in that they now employ an even bigger scumbag in Lucic and they're in no position to call us classless.  Only an inbred clown could cheer for that team and retain what little dignity they have.

I'd like to see us ramp it up with booing Keith and Marchand when they touch the puck.  Also add in stuff like "she said no" for when 20 Cent comes to town.

Go Leafs Go, Go Leafs GO! Go Canucks Go! Go Canucks GO! LEAFS SUCK LEAFS SUCK LEAFS SUCK.  circa mid nineties was fun, hated that many blueshirts in our building.  

Watch all the Canucks games, in the Senators building, for the past seven years, and its a similar experience but the other way around.  1/4 of the jerserys at least are VAN, mostly blue and green, the rest Sens red, and somewhere out in the nosebleeds a Go Canucks Go chant starts  and gets very loud, and the Go SENS GO....eventually wins it out (no Canucks suck, but they do like to razz our goalies from time to time).   Makes me feel right at home. 

i know it isn't just in our building, but i hate the pa announcer telling us to make some noise....most fans, cheer as they would as if they were home watching on the tube...maybe, we do need some specific chants of encouragement for when things aren't going well and some for when there are...we should get deb on it right away...it would be nice if we could cheer our team, the way we cheer our kids, when their teams play...but it just isn't our mind set...

Archived