The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weird Food Combinations

Toews

Inspired from @thejazz97's post on ketchup with KD I thought we could have a thread on the weird and confounding things you have seen people do with their food. So off the top of my head...

Dipping fries in a milkshake (I refuse to try this no matter how many people tell me it's great)

Pineapple Pizza (not exactly weird but I have never understood the appeal)

Anchovy pizza (what the hell is this..)

Cheese over sliced apples (my grandfather used to do this)

Salt on many types of fruit (watermelon, apple, etc.) is pretty good. I've had maple ice cream with bacon bits that actually was amazing. Fried eggs with tortillas, yum. Fruit jam on a turkey sandwich (reminds me a bit of cranberry sauce at thanksgiving).

4 minutes ago, Toews said:

Inspired from @thejazz97's post on ketchup with KD I thought we could have a thread on the weird and confounding things you have seen people do with their food. So off the top of my head...

Dipping fries in a milkshake (I refuse to try this no matter how many people tell me it's great)

Pineapple Pizza (not exactly weird but I have never understood the appeal)

Anchovy pizza (what the hell is this..)

Cheese over sliced apples (my grandfather used to do this)

Dipping fries in milkshakes is really strange but cheese and apples goes together..I like fresh apples with sliced chedder cheese...also cheese on apple pie.

5 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Dipping fries in milkshakes is really strange but cheese and apples goes together..I like fresh apples with sliced chedder cheese...also cheese on apple pie.

You will actually be surprised by the number of people that do this. My girlfriend never orders fries without a milkshake. So far I have resisted all attempts at even trying it lol.

Is the cheese with apples something that's more popular with a certain generation? I honestly never saw anyone but my grandfather do that.

6 minutes ago, Toews said:

You will actually be surprised by the number of people that do this. My girlfriend never orders fries without a milkshake. So far I have resisted all attempts at even trying it lol.

Is the cheese with apples something that's more popular with a certain generation? I honestly never saw anyone but my grandfather do that.

you saying Im old..lol...I dont really know..it kind of ran in our family...and I know many others that like it, Im not alone..maybe the younger generation finds it strange...not sure.

If you tried it Im sure you might like it.

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

you saying Im old..lol...I dont really know..it kind of ran in our family...and I know many others that like it, Im not alone..maybe the younger generation finds it strange...not sure.

Honestly I figured you were older considering you seem to have been around the game longer than some on here have been alive. 

11 minutes ago, Toews said:

The new Wendy's commercial actually has the woman dipping fries in a frosty in it. I've known about it for awhile (and it is kind good - different, but good) but that's the first time I've seen it referenced.

But cheese and fruit in general is a major thing. Very European actually, and the wine and cheese crowd usually has fruit and nuts to go with the cheese. Brie or goats cheese with apple or pear. Grapes too are good, as well as melon and berries depending on the cheese.

34 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Peanut butter or egg on a burger. 

Don't knock till you try. Changed my life.

Not at the same time, but yes please.

Chocolate radishes - not for me - but I've seen it done.

Had a gf in high school that made a jello salad with mayo and vegetables (baby onions, etc).   Loved her, but could never bring myself to put a spoonfull of it in my mouth lol.

I've had a mean watermelon, basil and feta salad - did not think it would work but it's pretty damn good.

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Chocolate radishes - not for me - but I've seen it done.

Had a gf in high school that made a jello salad with mayo and vegetables (baby onions, etc).   Loved her, but could never bring myself to put a spoonfull of it in my mouth lol.

I've had a mean watermelon, basil and feta salad - did not think it would work but it's pretty damn good.

Was your girlfriend Rachel Green per chance?

48 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Bacon and whipped cream

shanghai noodles and butter icing

Bacon and horse $hi# would taste decent.  I really believe bacon could even make the crazy concoctions suggested here taste good.  Bacon is the food of the Gods.  

Archived