The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

First poop themed restaurant coming to Canada....

ShakyWalton

She is just trying to make poop cute....

poopcafe_zpse1kuqiaf.jpg

In Toronto, a city crammed full of fine restaurants, famous chefs and innovative dining ventures, it would be difficult for anyone to create a new fad.

But one George Brown College graduate is hoping her “Poop Café Dessert Bar” will cause the next big stink.

Opening mid-August in Koreatown, Lien Nguyen’s cafe will offer an all-brown menu, in the shape of human stools.

“I’m trying to make poop cute,” Ms Nguyen explained to the Toronto Star.

She said she first discovered the concept when she was visiting her mother in Taiwan a few years ago.

“We checked out a toilet-themed restaurant and I just loved it,” she said. 

“It’s funny to put food and poop together; it’s a great comparison. It stayed in my mind for a long time. As soon as I finished school, I said, ‘OK, I’m going to bring the restaurant to Toronto.’”

The culinary management graduate said the menu will offer traditional Thai, Japanese and Korean desserts like patbingsoo (red beans with ice), as well as chocolate ice cream. Canadians will be asked to vote on the names before the menu is finalized.

Diners will sit on fake toilets and eat their food out of lavatory and urinal-shaped dishes.

Archived