The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ranking the Leagues 31 GMs - Is JB the Worst NHL GM?

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Gudbranson is a lot tougher to play against than Tanev.  Plus, he can take hits to free up pucks that Tanev can't do.  However, Larson returned Hall.  That sets the market for Tanev at a (young) very good top six.  

Okay maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Do you think Tanev has more value than Larsson? Or are you saying that Larsson has more value but not much more, and since Hall is a first line winger, Tanev would return a Top-6 winger?

14 minutes ago, Aircool said:

Okay maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Do you think Tanev has more value than Larsson? Or are you saying that Larsson has more value but not much more, and since Hall is a first line winger, Tanev would return a Top-6 winger?

Yes.  I see the value of those three as: Gudbranson then Larson then Tanev.  So Tanev would get us E Kane, but not Landeskog.  IMHAO.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes.  I see the value of those three as: Gudbranson then Larson then Tanev.  So Tanev would get us E Kane, but not Landeskog.  IMHAO.

Interesting, I think the value is Larsson then Tanev then Gudbranson to be honest. I don't really value Gudbranson much. I think McCann + 2nd + 4th reflects that ordering as well... But hey, to each his own evaluation of a player... Or at least that's what I'm learning.

1 minute ago, Aircool said:

Interesting, I think the value is Larsson then Tanev then Gudbranson to be honest. I don't really value Gudbranson much. I think McCann + 2nd + 4th reflects that ordering as well... But hey, to each his own evaluation of a player... Or at least that's what I'm learning.

ys, some posters keep saying the Oilers gave up Hall only because they had to get a good defenceman.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

ys, some posters keep saying the Oilers gave up Hall only because they had to get a good defenceman.  

Well I mean the trade wasn't good value, but it might end up being worth it. I think you wouldn't get a Legit #1D for Hall, because of the nature of the rarity of such players. Larsson has a shot at developing into a #1D, so I think it's about as close as they could get.

Archived