The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

lynchpin to Canucks offence this season?

Ted Lasso

Which individual player can make the biggest impact to team offence with a strong performance this season?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No offense (no pun intended), but obviously it must be Loui. If we pay 6mil for a player and he ISN'T a huge boost and instant impact to our offence, well then JB needs to be fired. Loui will define JB's GM tenure, for the good or for the bad. And I'm positive that we ALL hope and pray that it's for the good...way way to the good. GO TEAM SWEDEN!

Tried to add more players, but accidentally hit 'done.'  lesson learned: don't start a poll on your tiny iphone5. 

on topic, my instinct was to go with who ever can create offense on the 2nd line like Sven or even Rodin.  I'll have to agree with Eastcoast meets Westcoast on this though.  Loui has the ability to potentially re-ignite the twins or make plays on the 2nd line depending how he's deployed.  Loui gets my vote. 

5 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

No offense (no pun intended), but obviously it must be Loui. If we pay 6mil for a player and he ISN'T a huge boost and instant impact to our offence, well then JB needs to be fired. Loui will define JB's GM tenure, for the good or for the bad. And I'm positive that we ALL hope and pray that it's for the good...way way to the good. GO TEAM SWEDEN!

Fire JB if Errikson is not scoring?  The thing about Errikson is he's a complete player.  He may go through dry periods, where he's not scoring, but he still helps the team by playing a strong 200 foot game, and on the PK.  

I submitted Erikkson for same reasons stated above, but what will make this team competitive will be the production of everyone outside of the top line!  Baertschi, Horvat & Virtanen are who I am looking at to put up the secondary numbers, Sutter as well, mind you if he pots 25, I am a happy man.  This teams scoring issues is not from up top, everyone else needs to buy in to be competitive.

This being said, you show me another swede by the name of Landeskog on the second line, I will present you a team that has been revitalized, and ready to win back its fans. 

Twins - period.   Offense goes as they go. 

The real question is who can help them the most and the answer likely is Loui. 

Don't underestimate the value to the top 6 of hopefully having Sutter back full-time,  his presence should take the load off of several guys down the middle. 

22 minutes ago, Type R said:

I submitted Erikkson for same reasons stated above, but what will make this team competitive will be the production of everyone outside of the top line!  Baertschi, Horvat & Virtanen are who I am looking at to put up the secondary numbers, Sutter as well, mind you if he pots 25, I am a happy man.  This teams scoring issues is not from up top, everyone else needs to buy in to be competitive.

This being said, you show me another swede by the name of Landeskog on the second line, I will present you a team that has been revitalized, and ready to win back its fans. 

Gotta agree with you here.  It would cost us Tanev, but Tanev doesn't sell tickets with his game and Landeskog will.  

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Fire JB if Errikson is not scoring?  The thing about Errikson is he's a complete player.  He may go through dry periods, where he's not scoring, but he still helps the team by playing a strong 200 foot game, and on the PK.  

Why did JB pursue Loui? Because we couldn't score last year to save our lives. So yes, if Loui is supposed to be the solution to that problem and JB went and pursued the wrong guy (ie/ Loui doesn't produce), then he's outta here. It's a big gamble JB took, in my opinion he gambled his career in Vancity. I'm not worried, I totally believe Loui will pot 30 for us this year...but again...at 6mil he had better be the impact player we are paying for, and not just because he's defensively responsible.

And I 100% agree that given a shot at a player like Landeskog, you go all in. They only come around once in a long while, so you take your best shot. Adding Landeskog would just be another piece of the TEAM SWEDEN puzzle!

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Gotta agree with you here.  It would cost us Tanev, but Tanev doesn't sell tickets with his game and Landeskog will.  

Exactly, and looking at Landeskog, he is a natural leader.  Could you imagine him on the top line with Bo & Boeser in 3-4 years?  That would be a great start to a reimagined version of this team.

Tanev would be a loss, but that would be temporary.  We have a log jam on defense, and some of these guys will probably come back strong (Hutton anyone?).

6 minutes ago, Type R said:

Exactly, and looking at Landeskog, he is a natural leader.  Could you imagine him on the top line with Bo & Boeser in 3-4 years?  That would be a great start to a reimagined version of this team.

Tanev would be a loss, but that would be temporary.  We have a log jam on defense, and some of these guys will probably come back strong (Hutton anyone?).

It would cost Tanev plus Boeser to land Laneskog. Possibly sub Virtannen/Juolevi/Demko for Boeser. But if I am Sakic, Boeser is the guy I want from the Canucks in any Landeskog deal. 

Even add a draft pick. 

29 minutes ago, mpt said:

Funny how you don't have to the two best offensive players on the team in your poll

Yeah, my bad.  I was trying to add more players and hit submit by accident on my iphone.  Not sure if you can edit a poll after the fact. 

Archived