The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Amazing Race: Mafia [Game Over: TP win!]

Where's Wellwood

1 hour ago, Beluga Whale said:

Just imo but you shouldn't really mess with the lynch mechanics too much. The lynch going to the player who receives the most votes should always be one of the constants in mafia. 

Is it the non-elimination lag or the vote count alteration that you think is too much?

3 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Is it the non-elimination lag or the vote count alteration that you think is too much?

both IMO - the best way for the town to get information is from lynchs... when you don't know who votes for who (or someone else gets voted out when it seems like they shouldn't but you dont know why), or worse yet, someone doesn't get lynched AND the mafia get a kill, it just screws the town over...

8 minutes ago, Dral said:

both IMO - the best way for the town to get information is from lynchs... when you don't know who votes for who (or someone else gets voted out when it seems like they shouldn't but you dont know why), or worse yet, someone doesn't get lynched AND the mafia get a kill, it just screws the town over...

Yeah this. I think having a lynch on the player with the most votes each round is a fundamental part of mafia and when you alter that concept the game gets too far away from what mafia really is. 

I'll add, if you want to tinker with lynch mechanics at all, you need to make it very clear and very obvious to all the players how and why it's happening... ie no surprises... there should never be a night fall where someone gets lynched and everyone is like "uhhh, what happened"... players should be able to predict the lynch with all the information they have...

so for example, MR's original zodiac game had roles that doubled votes and negated votes, yet he did updates of vote counts with correct vote totals often, so it was very obvious what was going on...

47 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Yeah this. I think having a lynch on the player with the most votes each round is a fundamental part of mafia and when you alter that concept the game gets too far away from what mafia really is. 

But the non-elimination lag is a staple of TAR. I can't get rid of that.

1 hour ago, Dral said:

How about the mafia kill also doesn't go through on the non-elimination lag?

44 minutes ago, Dral said:

I'll add, if you want to tinker with lynch mechanics at all, you need to make it very clear and very obvious to all the players how and why it's happening... ie no surprises... there should never be a night fall where someone gets lynched and everyone is like "uhhh, what happened"... players should be able to predict the lynch with all the information they have...

so for example, MR's original zodiac game had roles that doubled votes and negated votes, yet he did updates of vote counts with correct vote totals often, so it was very obvious what was going on...

How about I get rid of the fast forward and move the express pass and yield deadlines up to 6 pm so there's more time for the players to react to the vote count changes which will be clearly stated to have happened?

12 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

You just want the tp to lynch the other tp, you Mafia.

Seriously. This guy is so Mafia, it hurts.

Vote BW

2 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

^Somebody already making a case to be the most annoying player.

Calm down AV. BW told after neopolitan to try that. 

Archived