The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Amazing Race: Mafia [Game Over: TP win!]

Where's Wellwood

Why wasn't there a Mafia Kill last Nightfall?

There wasn't a kill set, even though they had 24 hrs to make one?

They used a special kill and maybe a restriction of its use was a regular MK couldn't be made.

That would fit since Numb had that special kill use and he was lynched, negating his kill.

If that is how it went down then my suspicion of Kaz being a mastermind is still haunting me.

Just now, JAY JAY said:

If the town wins, I'm ok with being lynched.

At least in the DPS, I'll know whats going on.

Shame on any TP not voting!

I agree, if you are TP it's crap they couldn't even have been bothered to show up to place a vote. I'm sorry if you're TP and I probs see you in DPs

Final Vote Count

JJ - 3 (Kaz, Jazz, Aladeen)

BJ - 1 (JJ)

Nightfall 6

Once again, the lag came down to a sprint to the finish where BJ edged out JJ to the mat. JJ came last and was eliminated.

The Mafia took out Aladeen after having had enough of his Aladeenis.

Remaining Racers

4. Blue Jay 22 @Blue Jay 22

6. Time Lord @Time Lord

7. Dral @Dral

13. thejazz97 @thejazz97

14. Kaz @Kazmanian Devil

Eliminated

Virtanen (TP)

Zfetch (Mafia)

AV (TP)

Stamkos (TP)

Otis (Mafia)

Peaches (TP)

falcon45ca (Mafia)

Hashtag (TP)

Fwy (TP)

112 (TP)

Numb3r 16 (Mafia)

JJ (TP)

Aladeen (TP)

TL, Dral, and BJ must vote next round or be Godkilled.

On 8/10/2016 at 11:36 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

Oh. My. God. Lmao! Is that what you are panicking about over your partner? 

No, I'm talking about his early play so far.

In response to AV's joke which was not scummy.

Fluff; which is unfortunate because he isn't even in the game.

Major Sirens

Trying to throw things at the wall and hoping it sticks

Basically, he has showed all the early signs of newbie being overtly excited about being mafia for one of his 1st times. I feel bad because I remember my 1st time and how fun it was, but unfortunately for him, I'm TP this game.

Obviously not.

First big scum point for BJ, weak weak weak reasoning and against a now confirmed TP.

On 8/11/2016 at 9:49 AM, Blue Jay 22 said:

Well that was a fast wagon, lol.

Hate to break it to all of you, but I'm not mafia. There is literally no basis to voting for me. I haven't been lynched/killed once as scum yet, and that is not going to change whether or not I get lynched this game.

I honestly don't care what you think, even with you sitting shotgun on this wagon of me. Your reasoning for voting is completely illogical and simply false. I have nothing to defend for you because your case is straight up laughable, especially for your caliber. You believe what you want to believe, but you are going to look idiotic if/when I flip TP because of your conspiracy theory.

As I've said, the bolded is just such a weird thing to say.

On 8/11/2016 at 6:34 PM, Where's Wellwood said:

2 Hours, 15 minutes left for the remaining  team to submit their Roadblock participant. 

Current Vote count:

BJ - 8 (112, Aladeen, Zfetch, AV, Fwy, Stamkos, Peaches, TL)

Stamkos - 3 (BJ, falcon, numb3r)

Otis - 1 (Hash)

A reminder that first nightfall isn't till Sunday. After that, the remaining rounds will be standard 24 hours.

You will notice that 2 Mafia did not join the BJ wagon.

On 8/11/2016 at 9:29 PM, falcon45ca said:

:o ya don't say....

Saw that coming. Some real sloppy reasoning by Stamkos, Fwy, Numbers, TL

Would Falcon try to cast shade on 2 teammates this early with a small team? TP points for TL.

On 8/12/2016 at 0:35 PM, Zfetch said:

Stamkos, AV, TL, falcon, BDMVirt, jazz, numb3r, and kaz

Are the people who got nominated for the challenge.

I'd think the majority in that list are probably TP. 

Zfetch attempts to pseudo-clear a bunch of people, including at least 2 of his teammates. Not a good look for TL or Jazz.

On 8/12/2016 at 0:58 PM, Zfetch said:

I think BJ is TP.

Last game, the only thing he focused on was JL. I was actually surprised he hid so well with that strategy.

This game, he's looking to be a little more open-minded.

Zfetch defends BJ.

On 8/12/2016 at 6:45 PM, Where's Wellwood said:

The remaining three teams have 2 hours to submit their Detour.

Current Vote count:

BJ - 5 (Aladeen, AV, Stamkos, Virtanen, jazz)

Stamkos - 3 (falcon, numb3r, Fwy)

Aladeen - 2 (BJ, Zfetch)

Peaches - 2 (Kaz, TL)

112 - 1 (Dral)

Otis - 1 (Hash)

Dral - 1 (112)

After AV confirms he was lying, you'll see Zfetch takes this chance to jump off the BJ wagon. Falcon and Numbers are still trying their best to form a CW.

On 8/12/2016 at 7:39 PM, Time Lord said:

Zfetch is mafia. Every time he attempts to use unconventional methods of scum-hunting (if you can even call it that), he's mafia.

Unvote, vote Zfetch.

Early bus, or a sign that TL is unlikely to be Mafia? I'm not positive, I'd lean towards the second option.

On 8/13/2016 at 2:02 AM, Blue Jay 22 said:

Aladeen, Zfetch, JJ, AV, Virt for scum candidates at the moment.

- Besides that fake ass argument earlier, Aladeen really hasn't done any scum hunting that holds water.

- Zfetch giving TP leans to those who participated in the 1st road block is just weird. I understand it, but disagree with the premise. And him being the recipient of the suspected fake banter makes him suspicious by association.

-JJ has not thrown his hat out into any rings so far; incredibly unusual for TP JJ, who after 48+ hours from game start, would at the minimum provide input and thoughts of other players. He also only posted once today (yesterday now I guess), and it was in response to someone FOSing him, so he was here.

-Virt: Reasons already mentioned.

All of this is pretty much a half awake attempt at reading through the thread.

On 8/12/2016 at 1:25 AM, Blue Jay 22 said:

In terms of meta, sure, if you felt comfortable with your reads of a certain player. I can't say the same thing of the two because I don't have a good enough feel of their gameplay yet. Plus, again, the early investigative claim put forward earlier puts a cloud on things. Though it may not be instinctual of "player X" to bandwagon a vote as TP, it would and should be natural for him to vote anyway if he believed the investigative claim to be true. 

***MAJOR SIRENS***

BJ was quite adamant that we couldn't learn anything from the initial wagon against him, but the only reason anyone was suspicious of Virt was because of the timing of his vote on that very same wagon.

On 8/13/2016 at 10:33 AM, thejazz97 said:

As nice as this list is to me... the IDKs are sketch. Especially for Z, Al, and 16. 

There's no reasoning for Virtanen, although him being Virt is enough to lynch IMO :P 

Was it actually a phoney claim? I mean, it's definitely debatable, but I haven't seen AV recant it.

You can't say that about BJ. If he's a wolf in sheep's clothing, he's scum. If you say IDK, don't say he's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

There's zero proof and/or references (unless the AV thing actually happened, then you have one) for any of the "leans" that you have. I mean, I'm TP, but 112 said I was slanking (which I half-was) and that's more understandable than what you have here. I actually don't lay low when I'm TP by the way - I usually try to be as ambiguous as possible. :) 

Unvote, vote JJ for now.

Piles on JJ, after Kaz, AV, and Falcon had already.

On 8/13/2016 at 1:21 PM, Zfetch said:

Virt- Good hockey player

Hash- Good drug

BJ- Good sexual act

Falcon- Good bird

112 asked for thoughts on those players. Zfetch didn't give real thoughts. At least one of those players was a teammate.

On 8/14/2016 at 3:53 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

1. Virtanen87 

2. Alain Vigneault 

3. One one two 

4. Blue Jay 22 

5. Jay Jay 

6. Time Lord 

7. Dral 

8. Stamkos

9. Zfetch 

10. Fwybwed 

11. Aladeen 

12. Otis 

13. thejazz97 

14. Kaz 

15. falcon45ca 

16. Peaches 

17. Hashtag 

18. numb3r 16

Towny to least Towny:

Falcon - I have had no problem with what he's said so far and like his inquiries. Of course, I usually find him scummy when he's TP so he's probably mafia now. :P

Number 16 - timid approach to the game so far. Safe, even to a degree. Though this can be from being new.

Jazz - Not a comfortable lynch target, though he hasn't done enough for me to be a TP read.

Otis - null

Zfetch - I can't read for s**t right now. Flip a coin.

Peaches - Only posting activity yesterday was confirming that Virt had investigated Aladeen. I didn't like how he was hinging his vote on me earlier via trusting 112. Reminds me of what Aladeen tried to do to Kaz when he went head to head with MH, knowing that MH would eventually flip town. This one is a weak scum lean because all I have is a conspiracy theory on him at this point, and I don't know his playing style.

AV - Scum lean, and I'm holding off explanation for now.

Kaz - Has been basically agreeing with everything 112 has posted with the exception of when she FoS'd him. None of his scum votes or scum reads have come without much explanation or originality. 

TL - 3 posts. 3 votes. Minimal Discussion. Me thinks he is trying what JL did last game and changing up his style. Seeing as there isn't any votes on him, if there is a vig out there, he may be one of your targets you should consider.

Fwy - Still isn't making sense, but he looks like he is trying, which is a concerning trait of his. One thing he said that stood out to me was on his original vote for Stamkos, he said he was going to vote for AV from here on out for "coaching him." He has since pulled the Stamkos vote off, but planted a new seed on AV, saying he was trying bus me. And while I'm typing this, I see he has just voted for Zfetch, who he hasn't talked or FoS'd all game. It's one of the reasons why AV is not as high up on my suspicion list, though if I had to throw out a 1st round conspiracy theory, I suppose pot could be calling kettle, and fwy could be getting coached by his own mafia teammates to hound AV because fwy has never been known for going after teammates.

VirtSketchiest vote on the wagon, which he still has not provided explanation for. Said he would be back after the vote, but his activity has only dropped since then. Zero contribution to the scum hunt with occasional banter thrown in. Seeing as he is last right now on my totem pole, my guess is he was special hunting with his investigation on Aladeen. Or at the very least, clearing the name of a big name player so that the mafia could go ahead and have the green light on an MK of that player since nobody would lynch him and he is dangerous while alive to them.

I have cut out some less important paragraphs.

-Continues to contradict himself by suspecting Virt for his BJ wagon vote

-5 of his 6 scum leans have been confirmed TP

-Has 3 confirmed Mafia as neutral with little thought, and 1 as TP for no good reason

On 8/14/2016 at 9:13 PM, thejazz97 said:

Good catch. However, he did vote Zfetch. Bussing a teammate?

Sketchiest thing from Jazz, it's like he knew Zfetch was Mafia already.

On 8/14/2016 at 9:22 PM, One one two said:

It's interesting that Blue asked the doctor to protect Aladeen.

Context: The Mafia tried to kill 112 but she was doc saved.

On 8/14/2016 at 9:41 PM, One one two said:

The Virt wagon after BJ's time out.

The players on it: Jazz, Falcon, Numb3rs

On 8/14/2016 at 9:45 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

Please vote this guy out. I'll gladly lower myself to a thunder dome between fwy if that is what it takes.

Scummy.

On 8/14/2016 at 9:50 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

I don't vote TP out when I'm Mafia anyway. Not my tell or style.

Telling people how you play as scum is scummy. Zfetch made the same mistake this game.

On 8/15/2016 at 9:54 AM, fwybwed said:

I find it hard to believe that you would actually vote this way...while 112 was one of the start ups on Virt you vote here is worse. So lets get this straight...you investigated a dead man walking and now you vote for a mafia target...its like you want mafia to win...

Points against Jazz.

On 8/15/2016 at 10:20 AM, thejazz97 said:

I just went back and checked and you're didn't push against the lynch - unless you mean unvoting and voting for someone who was close in the lynch polls.

Looking back... you and Aladeen seemed real buddy-buddy for a bit there, which is kinda weird.

this round.

vote zfetch

This looks good on Jazz for the target, but bad for the total lack of reasoning.

On 8/15/2016 at 10:39 AM, Blue Jay 22 said:

@numb3r 16 I see you. On a scale of 1-10, how overwhelmed are you right now?

Being nice and friendly with your teammate I see

On 8/15/2016 at 0:38 PM, Aladeen said:

I don't think lynching Hashy or Woatis at this point will give us any information. Obviously there is a strong chance that either or both are mafia but in reality there is so little spew to be gained by them flipping and a strong possibility that either one or the other is a GK in the near future.

IMO

Jazz

Dral

BJ

JJ

Would all be better targets at this point. 

Jazz is starting to be my number one scum read right now. 

1) he never at all acknowledged my suspicion on him after the nightfall. Seems to have glossed over the fact that he was on Fwybwed's case for exactly what he himself did.

2) the thing about the investigation of Virt seems just too convenient. Realizing that there was a strong likelyhood of virt being lynched and saying it should be changed to me (Who was already confirmed investigated by Virt and Peaches) means to me that he didn't want to point the investigation on to anyone who was likely to turn up Mafia or not hung.

3)

This post of his to 112 is the most damning out of it all. Jazz you realize you voted out virt did you not? You still voted Virt when you were obviously unsure of his status enough that you were wanting to investigate him. You are passively trying to throw suspicion on to 112 when there is no suspicion on her at all. Her motives and everything she has done has been for a TP win. 

Unvote; Vote Jazz

On 8/15/2016 at 0:44 PM, Aladeen said:

An added note about Jazz being there at nightfall:

Game theory alone suggest that Jazz should have changed his vote to BJ even if he didn't suspect BJ. If his investigation was going to go through on Virt then next round he would have known for sure what Virt's role was. If BJ was wrongly hung but he secured an investigation on Virt that would have been the way more logical route to take for someone who is trying to solve this game.

Knowing that Virt was TP, Knowing that there would be a waste of investigation on Virt (instead of clearing someone else or hitting a mafia) would be a very good outcome for someone who was mafia. 

These are good points against Jazz.

On 8/15/2016 at 3:38 PM, Time Lord said:

Vote Zfetch

Zfetch, Peaches, Hashtag, numb3r, and JJ is the mafia team. 

Look good on TL for pushing the Zfetch wagon.

On 8/15/2016 at 9:00 PM, Time Lord said:

numb3r was lurking and never voted even though it was tied

This is major TP points to TL. Why would he do this to a teammate?

On 8/16/2016 at 6:13 AM, thejazz97 said:

If Hashtag votes she needs to be lynched.

Scummy af.

On 8/16/2016 at 11:13 AM, thejazz97 said:

Vote falcon

terribly unbalanced = how would you know = tmi

Tacks on reasoning to a vote for a confirmed Mafia.

On 8/16/2016 at 9:16 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

TL was the investigation target. He's TP.

Vote hash.

On 8/17/2016 at 0:00 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

Don't need to. Hashtag is going to be the 4th mafia and if there is only 4, then game over and we can go sing around the campfire. If there is a 5th, then it's going to be 1 of you, Dral, or numbers. And you are the overwhelming favorite at the moment in my book.

On 8/17/2016 at 1:54 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

Personally, I think you are just bored with how set in stone the game is at this point and want to add some spice so we aren't twiddling our thumbs for 12 hours. It's ok, I feel the same way. On the minuscule chance that hashtag gets lynched and flips TP, I'll flip the switch back on and start entertaining conspiracy theories. 

I'm 99% sure Hashtag is Mafia and if/when that is revealed, I'm 99% sure that if there is a last one, it's 1 of numbers or Fwy. 

So, so confident Hashtag is Mafia. Why?

On 8/17/2016 at 8:52 PM, Time Lord said:

Vote hashtag

Scummy vote.

On 8/18/2016 at 0:18 PM, numb3r 16 said:

Other than protecting yourself why did you vote me.

vote jazz

Looks good on Jazz.

On 8/18/2016 at 8:54 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

JJ is Mafia. I'd ISO all of his posts but I'm on mobile right now and I'm only posting cuz I'm getting gas. Basically, all anyone has to do is look at the entirety of his posts and see the actual scum hunting he has done. Basically it's all been observation, fluff, stating the obvious, and attempted Mafia. 

I think Jazz is still TP. The 2nd Mafia imo is either numbers or Dral. More confident in numbers being scum than Jazz. But regardless of each, I think JJ is the strongest out of all them. I'm voting for JJ just in case anyone wants to CFD him quickly but if not, I'd stick with numbers.

vote jar jar

Throws away his vote, due to being in a lose-lose. Either vote Jazz and tie it and look scummy as all hell, or vote Numb3rs and guarantee a Mafia is lynched.

On 8/18/2016 at 9:31 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

4. Blue Jay 22 

5. Jay Jay 

6. Time Lord 

7. Dral 

11. Aladeen 

13. thejazz97 - not cleared still but wouldn't lynch this round.

14. Kaz - obvious mafia trying to kill himself twice and give him "extra extra" TP points on top of his "extra" TP points.

Or I could have tied the vote and wrote some narrative on jazz. And if that happened, the MK on you would have gone through since numbers would have survived. Numbers obviously wasn't gonna change. TL can answer the question on whether or not he would have changed it if I went jazz, but he stated his own suspicions of jazz.

But yeah, I'm mafia. 

T

M

I

This was prior to WW's clarification.

20 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Dral. He said he's been busy in the thread but even then, he only came back and made one or two posts since then.

Vote Dral

@Time Lord I can understand it happening once, especially early on, but how do you explain me hopping on the lynch train of two mafia before they picked up steam if I'm mafia myself?

17 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

I either missed it or forgot. Sorry mate :( 

I'd be down for a JJ vote. He hasn't really done much either in this game.

Unvotel Vote JJ

Weird jumping around. Not sure what to think but I quoted it for some reason.

8 hours ago, Time Lord said:

The numbers vote shouldn't really count in your favour because the votes were 2-0 on you, so it would make sense to think you're being lynched and that busing a teammate would give him town cred.

I don't know about the Zfetch vote. It was early and the votes were close, but you never really gave a reason.

Unvote for now, but I don't know who I'd rather lynch. I'm thinking Dral but the only way he can be mafia is if he's the kingpin, since he was around at nightfall to submit the kill.

True points against Jazz.

5 hours ago, Time Lord said:

I guess I'm a bit too late. I was going to vote for JJ though.

Why in the hell would TL say this as scum?

I know that was fat af but please read it.

Summary in case:

-BJ claimed that we couldn't learn anything from the early wagon against him, but then used that same wagon as his reasoning for getting Virt lynched. This was the biggest scum tell I found out of any of the other players left. Also Falcon, Numbers, and Zfetch all tried their best to protect BJ early on when he was under major heat. His initial big list gave town/neutral leans to all 4 flipped Mafia, and 5/6 scum leans are confirmed TP (TL the only one who isn't technically)

-TL's callouts of Numb3rs and Zfetch lead me to believe he's TP. Also I investigated him and he came back TP which is cool.

-Jazz is generally very scummy, but being an early vote on the Zfetch wagon is a strong TP point for him. Also starting a CW on Numb3rs when there was multiple other targets.

-Dral could be Mafia I guess, but I didn't pour my heart in to that analysis just to roll the dice on a slanker.

Kaz

TL

Dral

Jazz

BJ

unvote vote BJ

Archived